How to improve creativity

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
Daniel
New User

Does anyone know ways to improve your football creativity. I have virtually none and i am a playmaker!!! My moves are all so bland, straight from the textbook.
A.C.E Pride

Star

Try to look for the unexpected. Try the 40 yard pass across the pitch, or that throughball you thought you couldnt make, or that long shot that you dont think will go in, everything unexpected will enhance your creativity. If you dont think its going in, most likely THEY dont think its going in.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

practice your dribbling and moves as soon as possible. Practice dribbling up to a tree and throwing a fake to commit to memory, then build it up to practice speed to learn balance and range, and then eventually game speed. you have to really throw your body in the direction that you want your opponent to go to in order to "sell the fake".

Allstarsoccer
Sophomore Member

Hey cool guy with the ball,
Just go with the flow. Work on your own moves.....Heck make some up. That is how all the famous guys get their names by showing a move noones ever done before. If your on a good team just challenge yourslef to be the best on the team. If you love the game you will go to all ends to show your skill. Go for the Juke(Fake out) on the best palyer on the other team, follow your skills. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING! You can do anything I tell you my moves I made up, but their mines.....lol.........Goodluck,
Allstar

Maradona
Veteran Member

I recommend u to combine da moves u know together u might get sumthing dat really works on defenders.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

Daniel
New User

I have a real problem when it comes to selling my fakes. My technique is next to perfect but it seems that im only fooling myself by giving the defender more time. There must be certain cues to look for when it comes to knowing when to use feints. Any ideas???

P.S. Im in 2 awesome teams 1st XI and 17 X-river.(16yo) YAY!
A.C.E Pride

jdefoe
Forum groupie

you have to use fakes to escape pressure. You have to litterally "throw" yourself in the direction that you want to go in order for the defender to think that you are going somewhere. then explode in the other direction.

madridfc
Veteran Member

it sounds like you might be doing these moves to slowly maybe? my coach says to speed up right at the defender, then when you're about to do the move, slow down a bit and excecute the move quickly. make yourself think you're going to the left, when you're really going to the right, and then explode past the defender. don't spend your time standing on your heels just fiddling around with the ball. keep moving forward constantly.
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

Maradona
Veteran Member

Agree with madridfc , if you run too slow and execute your moves it wouldn't work and the defender will guess which way your going to go. I used to do this mistake before when I tried to dribble past my dad but I was going too slow and he would poke the ball away from me.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

baller

I think your best off practicing the basics. There is a good website for coaches just google soccer and jukes and you will find a site that contains desciptions and short videos of jukes. Master a couple of moves and you will be a stronger player.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

all ronaldinho's moves are made up of smaller flicks, stepovers, and lunges. just master the basics, and you'll be able to fuse them together to create all kinds of unstoppable tricks
Hala Galacticos

sOcCeRKiD11

wut are all ronaldinhos moves..lol

can any1 name em all..and explain on em..?

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i was just using him as an example. i meant any great player's moves are just made up of smaller parts.
Hala Galacticos

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

When the defender commits to steal the ball it's easy to fake him out, when he just staying there I just pass the ball or pass him with one of my moves.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

Dooglas

Creativity comes from you, committing a move to your memory, and using it in a game is not being creative, its impulse, your going up to the defender and you throw a fake out, but dont follow though becuz someone is streaking, so you send him the ball, fast paced play and impulsiveness will brew creativity, brazilians are supposedly the most creative players, but text book stuff is perfect, if you get the ball to the guy, and he scores, does it matter how it happened, but if your going up the field unconfident as to what to do, then think of it like this, you dont need one pass to create a goal, its a combination of them back and forth juking a defender then throwing a pass, now the defence is scrambling, this is when you send the ball in, being creative doesnt mean you have to come up with some new move, its all variations of existing tactics, when you do something and dont know why you did it, but it works, thats creativity, go to your back yard and just dribble do moves, but dont think about what your going to do next, just do moves, and keep doing them as fast as possible then bust out a shot or a pass to an inanimate object, but again, dont think about doing it, just do it, NIKE...lol. hoped that helped.