Out dribbling faster/bigger opponents

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
sOcCeRKiD11

how do u suppose to out dribble some1 who is soo much faster than u and he is also bigger than u..is there anyway..i mean a fenit only works for a sec...he will recover quickly cuz hes faster...

so is there anyway to out dribble sum1 like that???????

ole21
Sophomore Member

now do you just mean wide open beating him and going to goal? cuz there are a whole lot of different kinds of dribbling that are often much more effective. just get fast. i mean that's really no excuse to not being able to beat him. trust me just get fast by doing suicides and stuff. but you have to give it your all everytime you turn. also look into plyometrics that'll really improve your first step quickness. hope this helps

sOcCeRKiD11

like one on one..wen hes quicker and faster than u..u threw out a fake...he goes for it..u go the other way..but he recover and block every place u can do too..soo ur stuck..or hes quick enough to poke the ball away from u...
its like that..

ole21
Sophomore Member

i know this probabably isn't what you want to hear from me but it's true. to become great you can't just skip out on one aspect such as speed and quickness. a few years ago i was at the same level or so as everyone my age but i just had more skill. lately i've been working on becoming a better athlete: faster, quicker, jump higher. it has put me ahead of the competition and it makes your entire game improve. i've been doing a ton of plyos and core training, it's amazing what it can do to your athletic ability and your game. hope this helps.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Also, wait until you are a bit closer to the defender but far enough that he cant kick the ball away from you. Then do your feints, he wont have as much time to recover.

ole21
Sophomore Member

but he said that the kid was a whole lot quicker too and he'd just pock it out from under him.

sOcCeRKiD11

yeah.. like in a race..he wud beat me by a mile..like he be finsh wen im half way there...so if he poke the ball..he wud always get it or if he miss..he wud recover easier..if he goes for the feint he wud..recover..theres soo way i can gp he wud always be right there..

is there a way to out dribble him???or is it even possible to out dribble sum1 as fas and as quickly as that..?

anyway?????

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

a good rule, in general, is to go to their supporting side. see which foot their weight is put on, and push the ball past them that way. it throws them off balance more often than not, and it gives you more time than any feint or move can. speed isn't everything. it's not the amount you have, it's how you use it. 99% of the time, changes in speed are more effective than just blowing past someone. you should approach the defender at a slow run, then accelerate past their supporting foot. i'm no expert in dribbling, so anyone correct me if i said anything wrong. i just answered this one because dribbling is one of my stronger points.

sOcCeRKiD11

well this is not in a real game...its like practice..hes my practice partner..and i train with him..soo like i come close to him..i throw put a fent..he usuall go for it..then i cur the other way..he recovers..and then i cut the opposite ways..he recover again..so i cant really do anything excpet go the the nutmeg..i thot i cud get sum ideas here..

how ddo u no which foot his weights are on.. hes are standing on both foot..??

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

that's where experience comes in. the feints go directly with this. if you can get him to stab at the ball, that would make shift his weight to his opposite foot. so you can cut that way. the best way to be able to see which foot is supporting is just to practice. i know how annoying it is to be told that, but just keep watching his feet. a good indicator is whichever one is directly below his body. if one is off to a side, go towards the opposite one. if he lifts one up, go to the foot that's on the ground

sOcCeRKiD11

so wen he use his left foot to pook to the ball go to his right side..and if he try to stab the ball with his right foot..go to his left..???

and wut do i do if he jus sit bak and waiting for me to make a move..he sumtimes do that too.. wut do i do..i no i will throw in the fient..but he will always recover on time..

sOcCeRKiD11

so wen he use his left foot to pook to the ball go to his right side..and if he try to stab the ball with his right foot..go to his left..???

and wut do i do if he jus sit bak and waiting for me to make a move..he sumtimes do that too.. wut do i do..i no i will throw in the fient..but he will always recover on time..

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

what i meant was to use the feints to throw him off balance. don't try to meg him all the time, just make him stab at the ball. if you can get the defender to commit to tackling, you should be able to dribble past with little problem

sOcCeRKiD11

he never use the slide tackle..only the poke tackle..

i think i have an idea if wut im doing..so im gonna try in a few days..

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

yeah, the best thing is to go out and try it. oh and when i said "commit to a tackle" i didn't mean sliding necessarily. i mean when he puts his feet far enough apart that he can't distribute the weight evenly. i hope my comments have helped, a little at least