I cant perform

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
deano7

Im not being big headed or anything but i am the best playing in my league mainly because i practice so dam hard... but the thing is sometimes i just cannot perform, like i just cant sprint as fast as usually and run as long i duno why i do this...

If it was in the play ground i would get the ball and run past all the older kids and score but on a football pitch i cant do it, but wen i have a good game i can....

I think it is my consistency why i am not at a pro club by now. Can anyone help me get over this?

Is it pressure, confidence or something else?

peps1154
Veteran Member

How old r u? In the end I think it is that u don't have so much space in real games, and people just try more. I had the same problem thought I was the best player from all the people I knowed but for the first season I wasn't preforming. However the next season I got the MVP award. That is because I wasn't that nervous the 2nd season. However it might also have to do with the fact that I was a years-practice better.

deano7

im 15 years old, I can perform well for my semi pro under u18's team but not in my own age under 16's game , i think it may be the quality is a bit different in the u16's and less organised.

Alex
Sophomore Member

Maybe u feel the pressure when u play with people at ur same age.. Coz when u play with older ppl u don't have the same pressure. It's kind of u have all to win and nothing to lose, if u know what i mean? Coz i'd sort of the same problem myself .. :) So good luck mate!

Peace

A-man147

I think because when you play for your semi-pro team you know the level is higher so you get your mind under the impression that you have something to prove, but in your other team you know the level is lower and in your mind you think you dont have anything to prove so you dont push yourself.
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

ajc
The Philly Flyer

If your main problem is that sometimes you are not able to sprint as fast as normal or run for long times, then you could work on your leg strength and endurance. Even if you feel like you are in shape for a 90 minute game, if you train to be in even better shape then you are less likely to have these physical lapses.

Also, make sure you prepare for the u16 game the same way you prepare for the u18 game. Eat the same thing for breakfast, get the same amount of sleep the night before, be thinking about the same things you would be thinking about before the u18 match.