Nervous before matches

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
addidasrox
New User

!!..i get nervous easily during matches!!especially if my team is losing...as a result....i suddenly "forget how to play soccer" and flop alot!!!
mi name's aaron....good shooter but quite a lousy dribbler.....haha

mustahfa10

just relax dude....this is what my coach told me. Soccer is like getting laid...you want to relax and be layed back with a girl and the soccer ball. you have to be gentle and think of your next move before you can do it.

For some readon it acctually made a lot of sense and ut taught me a lesson in bothe soccer and with the ladies.

dont worry he is a very wise man and he almost played for th echicago fire but ws beat out by beasly and others.

Socks
New User

you want to relax and be layed back with a girl and the soccer ball
:?

Anyway.....

Haveing some nervs is always a good thing. GET PUMPED UP
Gotta Have Socks

J
Admin

I moved this to the Competition forum under competing.

The_Majestic

The truth is, you want to be a bit nervous so that you can get your adrenaline pumping, but excessive nervousness can only lead to bad play. Try to think that you'll have an excellent game and that should help. It does for me, just think positive.
2005-2006 Sophmore starter as Varsity Sweeper.
2004-2005 Freshman starter as Varsity Left Back.
2003-2004 NTX Strikers '89 Right/Left Winger.
2004-2005 NTX Strikers '90 Sweeper.
2005-2006 NTX Strikers '90 Sweeper.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

check this out
it has the info you need, and some more on the home page:

http://www.mastersport.co.uk/peakperformance.htm

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

i got really pumped for a game, and then i was too excited that i played awful, i was not going into my position, 2 of my passes were intercepted, i missed a run, and then after, when the ball got kicked away and the other team went to get it, my coach said to me, Ryan, listen, I understand you are nervous, this is the first place team, but relax, you have to relax, so i went back in, and played my normal self, beating a couple of players, giving some nice passes, 2 really nice shots, a great corner kick that almost went in, and even had some decent tackles. So my point being, Physical ability can only get you so far, which is why so many people don't become pro because your mentality is where it's at.

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

yeah i feel that yung ... btw how did ur first high school season go... but yeah when i played and iam pumped i always play great but yeah when iam not i play crappy.

peps1154
Veteran Member

man I can't wait for high school currently Im not on any teams but in High school its gona be great. Anyways Young I know what ur talking about but for me I always play bad for the first few minutes in the game when Im nervous, then the verves go away and I can do my magic.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i know a ton about being nervous before games. i went from a school where i could easily get a starting spot in their u-19 team (i was actually called a prodigy by a couple players on the high school team) to a bigger school where i had to work hard to get into jv games. the first time i had a real practice with my new team, i was more nervous than any game i'd played in before (except for one cup final with my old u-14 team). i was nervous that no one would think i was good, or that i would mess up and not get to play. and that's exactly what kept me out of the varsity starting team in a lot of games. i didn't realize this until after a few preseason games, when i was reading some posts on here, and i started to play better instantly. we hosted a pre season tournament, and in the semi finals we went up 7-0 at half time. the coach said he would let the jvs play in shifts with varsity. the guy i was going in for every time got a yellow card for excessive celebration after scoring the goal of the tournament, and so i got to stay in. i remembered to keep cool, and with less than a minute left i got the ball one on one with the keeper, and chipped it over his head, making me the first freshman to get a varsity goal this year. you just have to remember the basics, and focus, and you'll do fine, no matter how nervous you are.
Hala Galacticos

ac_milan7

is it just me or does anybody get nervous before workouts?sometimes i just get the chills whenever im warming up for practice and im pretty sure this isnt a good thing.i was thinking my problem was that im too tense and afraid of messing up
pain is weakness leaving the body

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

ac_milan7 wrote:is it just me or does anybody get nervous before workouts?sometimes i just get the chills whenever im warming up for practice and im pretty sure this isnt a good thing.i was thinking my problem was that im too tense and afraid of messing up
no i don't get nervous before working out i just work my ass off and even when i feel like quitting i do double times what made me want to quit. and how come you get nervous before a practice? that's the place i usually am the most calm and feel at home with zero pressure ready to relax and keep composure

R9KevinR9 wrote:yeah i feel that yung ... btw how did ur first high school season go... but yeah when i played and iam pumped i always play great but yeah when iam not i play crappy.
It actually went pretty well, we went to semi finals, and it was such a close game. first this player on my team (he's absolutely amazing, he schools so many people) go tthe ball and made an individual run calmly slid it past the line for 1-0, and then about 15 minutes later the other team scored, i have to admit it was a great shot from jusut outside the 18 top corner. and then it was half time and 30 minutes into the second half, they got a freekick which was rocketed into the back and they had the advantage of 2-1. the final minutes were breath taking. our goalie moved up to half , and is what we called desperation. and the guy who scored our first goal, got past 3 players and took a shot and the goalie hit it out. now it was one of our only chances, and it was a corner. i took the corner and it went perfect hieght and everything and the header went off the goalies hands again, and another corner. the same thing happened twice more. now we were in the final seconds, and what do you know a penalty shot. our defenceman took it, and he pulled off a beckham right in the air and it took forever for it to fall down and for all of us to weep lol. and the whistle blew when the ball was in mid air. so we would have went to the finals , and i didn't feel too bad, but i knew i could have scored that penalty shot very easily.

sorry for the long story, but i can't just say 2-1 without the story it's not explanatory lol

how was your season?

futbalstar10

I like what mustahfa10 said...you want to relax and be layed back with a girl and the soccer ball. you have to be gentle and think of your next move before you can do it.
next time am nervous thats what i will think about even thoa it dosen't really make sense

peps1154
Veteran Member

Young I really appriciate ur honesty in saying that that guys is amazing (most people would say they are the best on the team), It's a great story and damn how old is that guy I can just imagine how good he is since he's better than u and I assume by ur videos that u are pretty good (at least for ur age).