Playing with your back to goal

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
sOcCeRKiD11

my biggest problem is wen i play with my bak to the goal.and wen the ball is pass to me..a defender is always bhind putting pressures on me and then wen the ball is about to come the jus poke it away..am i suppose to run to the ball and let the ball come to me..and how to i play better with my bak to the goal..and how do i recieve the ball with less pressures bhind me

jdefoe
Forum groupie

try using turning fakes, and try to shoot on the turn more. You have to practice this a lot.

sOcCeRKiD11

im very small so how do i go up agaist those big kids with my bak to the goal..they usually over power me..but im very fas and quick tho..

Mike

You've got to try to cut to the ball.

Communicate to your teamates so they know when to send the ball.

There is a post on how to get open as a striker somewhere in skills...check it out.

Mike

actually i had a post right in tactics section about this :lol:

its called "how to position yourseld as a striker"

Allstarsoccer
Sophomore Member

Hey buddy,
Just some advice. If they are bigger and stronger all you need to do is use your speed. Do quick jukes with the ball. If they are right on you do a check to the ball and then go around them toward the goal. You'll be closer to the goal and you'll be able to have the defnder behind you. Also if they try to poke I know you can't shield it, but always go to the ball and maybe you can do a wall pass with your teammate or something..........Goodluck,

PS:i hoped I helped

Allstar

Chileno
New User

First move to make a play this will take the def from your back. If this do not work do not approach the ball straight go to the side so you can have more options .

speedbump
New User

sOcCeRKiD11 wrote:my biggest problem is wen i play with my bak to the goal.and wen the ball is pass to me..a defender is always bhind putting pressures on me and then wen the ball is about to come the jus poke it away..am i suppose to run to the ball and let the ball come to me..and how to i play better with my bak to the goal..and how do i recieve the ball with less pressures bhind me
Yes, you are supposed to go towards the ball if there is a defensive player on your back. Something you could do is try spreading you arms so that you make it harder for them to go around you and intercept (if they are faster or quicker). Also, once you see the ball coming towards you, you could try turning sideways keeping one of your arms extended, pointing towards the D, even touching him on the chest... DO NOT lean on him though... While doing that you receive the ball with the opposite of that arm foot. When you receive the ball, keep it as far as you can from the D guy, while keeping balance on your other foot. Then you could try turning full frontal and try taking on the guy or something like that...

You should practice, fake turns, quick turns, turns without touching the ball, or turns with slight tapping of the ball... stuff like that...

Try watching some soccer games on TV and see what strikers use out there.. se what works.

There's a movie called 'Top Ten Soccer Tricks' circulating the net, if you could get your hands on it, there's couple of tricks on there that are very effective. Don't know if there's a website you can download it from, I got my copy from a sharing program called DC++.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

well if the pass is on the ground u need to control it and turn at the same time. an oriented control dont just stop the ball take it with you as you are going. its hard to explain but usually its something people learn as they play football. or if you cant get past the defender try to do a give and go with one of your team mates.

Wiseman_philosopher

Alan Shearer. The master. He uses his arms to fell behind him for where the defender is. Perfectly legal. Stand your ground if the ball is being played to your feet. Don't let the defender bundle you over. Try to look for the pass of draw the foul. good luck.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.