[Poll] What is the best formation

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
G-Unit-Freestyler

Ratherton here has a point, know your players abilities first and then make a formation. Our team plays a 4-3-3 formation which suites us all, seeing as we have a pretty fast team, and we use the wings alot.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Who knows how to use a 4-2-3-1 formation. I think portugal used it during the world cup. It uses a man like deco behind pauleta and figo and ronaldo on the wings while you have people like costinha and maniche as defensive midfielders. Its a formation on the Fifa world cup game and I never know how to use it. I would like to master it and fit a playing style to it so I can know when to use which formation. Its just a game but it could help me in real life too.

Any tips?

mewantgood
Sophomore Member

The best formation is the one that suits your team. Everyone knows what to do and everyone knows how to do it and feels comfortable doing it. If even one player doesn't like or know how to play their position their your whole team is probably screwed. The formation depends on the players

My club team was playing 4312 then one of our players left and he played the 1. We changed our formation to 442. We work well as a team, are on top of the ladder and the best team by a mile, and may break 100 goals in a season.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

The formation depends on the players
And on the opponents too. You may have to switch formations in order to beat a team because of their playling style/formation.

floater

yes it does
"In football, the greatest satisfaction is winning when they say you can't." - Robert Paul

prof_raza

I would reccomend everyone to give a read to Rinus Michels' concept of Total Football.

The team would start off in a 4-2-4 formation, but from there on, the players would be all around the pitch. The strenght of the formation laid in the fact that all of the players were highly tactically aware. All the players knew the roles and responsibilities of not only their own position, but also that of their team mates. Further more the players were also drilled in with the knowledge of how to position themselves during different types of offensive and defensive plays.

Guess it might be impossible to get a bunch of 27 something professionals to pull it off, let alone a bunch of kids 10 years old !!!

Bet it would be insane to try it out with kids. But it is so insane, that it might just work.

Respect to Mr. Rinus for the wonderful art.

G-Unit-Freestyler

*~El Maestro~* wrote:
And on the opponents too. You may have to switch formations in order to beat a team because of their playling style/formation.
Or make them adjust their tactics and formations. Our coach tells us that the opponent prepares for us. Not we for them.

ratherton
Veteran Member

G-Unit-Freestyler wrote:
*~El Maestro~* wrote:
Or make them adjust their tactics and formations. Our coach tells us that the opponent prepares for us. Not we for them.
I agree with this. Make the other team change their tactics. If you have faith your players can do a better job then stick with your best formation

The better teams can adapt to a number of formations though but that starts to take tactics to a higher level.

Scotty
Sophomore Member

433 is the way to go!

kamil k

probely 4-4-2

milanese
Veteran Member

Can't argue with Roma's 3-6-1. :D

Kaka's_got_skillz
Sophomore Member

Well, if u dun give any choices then I pick 4-4-2. But if u do, I would do a 3-3-2-2 or 3-5-2 (2 Def Midfielders, 3 Defenders, 2 Central Midfielders, 1 Attacking Midfielder, and 2 Forwards). That way, you can co-ordinate attacks well and also maintain a fairly strong backline.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

The best formation is definetely the 1-1-8......just messin.
I prefer the 4-3-3 with a sweeper because it has a stong defense and the midfield and attack is balanced.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

i think a 1-0-9 sounds even better! imagine how many goals u would score! lol jk jk, i gotta agree it is a 4-3-3, works really well with a strong defense and enough mids and strikers to really stretch out the defense.

alio

i personally like 325, heavy heavy attack.
That way the defense can have they're work done and the attackers can be full throttle
boom shakalak