[Poll] What is the best formation

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Sorry, but I thought I wld like to dust off some old topic which wld interest us again.

I like to start my formation a flat 4-4-2 but as we are building an attack, the formation will change to a 2-3-5 heavy bombardment.

But I will need players who are pacey and have stamina.

The DCs can sit back the whole time drinking tea with the GK.
FB/WB must really be able to supply decent crosses and stamina. I like them to overlap.
CM must be a technical player who will run up field to become ACM backed up by a hard-tackling DM.
If I have good dribbling wingers, I will encourage them to cut inside to assist the forwards so that their markers will sub-consciously loosen the markings
Forwards. One targetman and a speedy guy to run onto ball.

Anybody else play FM?

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

4-4-2 in my opinion, i like to play with:

1 RB + 1 LB.(both should be mainly defensive but will occasionally help out with attacks)
2 CB's. (both should stay back, but one should pass the ball on the ground and hit passes long accurately and help start attacks when he can, and the other should be a hard tackling big lump who wins everything in the air, One should be the organiser).
1 DMF(Should sit behind his fellow central mifielder and just pick up all lose balls in midfield and give to his partner in the centre of the park, as well being able to tackle and importantly cover for his full backs.)
1 CMF(Should be box to box in my opinion, not like an AMF, should get back and forwards down the pitch and pass the on the ground well, like his DMF should and look to join in with the strikers and wingers.)
1 RMF + 1 LMF.(They are midfield players and despite them being wingers as well they have a duty to help out their full backs and do some tracking back, they will get help from the full backs going forward. These should be able to cross most importantly and as a bonus they should be able to dribble very well, also passing is very important for all midfield players.)
2 CF's(Ideally you should have one targetman who is dominant in the air and can head balls on to a smaller pacy striker partner who can get behind defenses but of course there are lots of effective combinations.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

I like the 4-3-2-1 this gives a striker and 2 wingmen with 3 midfielders giving support. Then my stopper would play as a defensive midfielder, i like this because on a longrange counter attack we can still buy more time better with a 4-3-2-1 than a 4-4-2
sig by 2brown347

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

I like the 4-5-1 very much, but the 3-5-2 is also great.

Having a tight defensive line with two holding midfield players keeps the ball away your defensive third, two central midfielders/wingers to play the ball up and an attacking midfielder and striker waiting to put the ball in the net. The 3-5-2 is similar except it is more of an attacking formation with one holding midfielder, 2 wingers, 1 central midfielder and 1 attacking with 2 strikers. I like to shift between these two formations in a game depending on the scorelines

mikaldinho

433, turning into 451 when defending

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

4-2-3-1

got to be the best

CentreBackBench
New User

---x--x--x---
----x---x----
--x--------x--
----x---x----
------x-------

With a good striker and decent midfielders I like this formation, a 3-2-2-2-1

---x--x--x--x---
-------x--x-----
----x---x---x---
--------x--------

also a favourite of mine

There are so many good formation, then you have players to enforce them and influence them, and then finally you also have different tactics. So it's hard to say, those are just two that I play on FIFA 08 lol.

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

4-4-2 is the only formation I may have ever played, but I like that formation alot. If we're up by like 9, I'd like to try a 1-1-8 sometime, just for fun.

Ballack13
Veteran Member

4-1-2-1-2, dont know why, just seems to work very well with our team.

soccerdude510

our coah makes us play offensively so he puts us 3-2-5 and its weird cuz we never score and they always beat us by like 5 goals..he use to play uss 4 diamond defense the 2 middles on the wings and then again a daimond forward that was a because even tho they would play uss throught the middle they couldnt score cuz we had a good goalie and our defense bunches up lol the team is sorry our record this year is 10 losses 0 wins and 1 tie lol there gonna go down for sure because im leaving the team when we play our last game im just gonna walk off the field and say fu** u coach ur a dumb ass lol sorry for the language and the long post :lol:

David_93

fir_nev wrote:Sorry, but I thought I wld like to dust off some old topic which wld interest us again.

I like to start my formation a flat 4-4-2 but as we are building an attack, the formation will change to a 2-3-5 heavy bombardment.

FB/WB must really be able to supply decent crosses and stamina. I like them to overlap.
CM must be a technical player who will run up field to become ACM backed up by a hard-tackling DM.
If I have good dribbling wingers, I will encourage them to cut inside to assist the forwards so that their markers will sub-consciously loosen the markings

Anybody else play FM?
I played FM before, but I figure out that I just wating my time, and I ended up playing FM instead of soccer. No i have quit, but its a fun game to play :wink:

I like the 4-4-2 very good, with aggresive hard-worked midfielder, so win the ball, and deals the ball out to the wing and winger make a cross, and a strikers scores. Or maybe a 4-5-1 with extra pressure in the midfield.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Ballack13 wrote:4-1-2-1-2, dont know why, just seems to work very well with our team.
Best formation ever.

I allways prefer to play with a diamond formation, I believe it's the perfect formation for balance and attacking speed, it's easy to use the formation for an all out attack, counter attacking play, or a mixed style of play.

Snoopyx623

fir_nev wrote:Sorry, but I thought I wld like to dust off some old topic which wld interest us again.

Anybody else play FM?
wow i really dig your formation!!!
this is sick
ima ask my coach what he thinks about this.
btw whats FM

David_93

Football Manager

Its a computer game, there you are manager for a team. You choose tactis, buy/sell players and many others think. Its a realistic game, and its hard to play just little FM, you get dependent to the game, and the goes really fast, when you play it.

Thats why i quit playing FM, because i stop training soccer, and play FM mostly hole day.

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

I really like 3-4-1-2. I think it is a pretty effective formation. I like having an attacking mid with the two other strikers. It is also the formation I use most in Fifa, haha.