Messing up in something your usually an expert at

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
jondabom
New User

Messing up in something your usually an expert at

Post by jondabom » 03 Feb 2013, 14:07

Hi everyone, i have a question about bad form. See i am quite good at freestyle, and very good at dribbling (not to be cocky) but this is my main trait and i honestly dont think nearly anyone in my area can match me, no matter what age group. But the other day i went out too practise and i went to juggle, but i couldnt even do more then 10 keepy ups, which for me is just insane because i can juggle constantly while not even thinking about it ( u know how most people can after they have practised freestyle for a while) i can do a wide variety of tricks. But this day the ball was bouncing in weird places on my foot and going all over the place, i couldnt even juggle properly. Later itried to do an elastico which too me is as simple as making a 5 meter pass. but i couldnt do it it was sloppy, i tried to do some step overs but i kept tripping over my own feet and knocking the ball away. I then had a game the next day,i played horribly i couldnt even complete a simple pass

My main concern is that this happens to me in common phases, one month im playing with such ease, and i have people complementing me non stop. then the next month i look like someone who has just started playing, who cant dribble without tripping over the ball and cant pass straight.

This is something has worried me for a while? is there a reason for this sudden bad form? Any help would be appreciated

expert
Site Admin

Re: Messing up in something your usually an expert at

Post by expert » 03 Feb 2013, 16:09

From my experience, sudden drops in form are usually the result of bad habits. For example, if I don't get 7-8 hours of sleep or if I'm not well hydrated - my form is totally wrecked. I guess this could vary from person to person, but everybody has bad habits that they don't even notice. My point is that if you are serious about soccer, then you want to start thinking about and watching your habits, especially on the day before a game. This way you can develop a consistent routine and avoid little things which can totally mess up your form.

PS. A long time ago, we used to have a couple of pretty good freestylers from Australia on the forums: AZNFreestyler and MickyD.

jondabom
New User

Post by jondabom » 04 Feb 2013, 09:45

oh thanks, yeah this is probably true i have only started eating well for about 2 months now. I probably just didnt get enough sleep that day

heiky0711

Post by heiky0711 » 04 Feb 2013, 15:43

Hello jondaborn, firstly thank you for your question.

So to answer your question. This problem is common at any levels in football or freestyle. Currently as a defensive midfielder, I sometimes experienced misplaced tackles and misjudged passes and to think that it is one of those days.

Also, you could look at some strikers pr forwards sometimes experience a dip in goal scoring form. For example, a such and such player has not scored in the last ten games.

I would have to agree with expert advice on getting enough sleep to recharge the energies and concentration. Also, recently watched Robin Van Persie's interview with Skysports and briefly he said, despite being on form, to never be satisfied with current achievements meaning to stay on the ground at all the times.

Here's the link http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 89,00.html

Hope that helps and all the best for your freestyle :D

My Latest Football Vlog: https://youtu.be/AAmtqY6kjFM
Subscribe my YT channel: http://bit.do/theheiky11
My blog http://soccer-tricks.blogspot.com