Does your playstyle affect your position ?

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
Aiyik
New User

Does your playstyle affect your position ?

Post by Aiyik » 14 Jan 2013, 19:21

For me , I'm a very technical player . I'll build momentum from a solid wall defend to a simple pass to complicated pass to fancy dribbling moves and classy goals . I often tricks the opposition with my vision . Like this , I'll look to a right side player then I'll give to a left side player then the momentum while rise and I'll be more direct . I'll start to give a goal deciding pass everytime I have the ball . Then the momentum will rise again and I'll execute some fancy dribbling skills before I'll keep scoring .

Does my playstyle is suited for a defensive midfielder ?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Re: Does your playstyle affect your position ?

Post by panchester07 » 14 Jan 2013, 22:35

Haha sounds like it doesn't matter where you'll play you'll always score a poker of goals anyway ;)

Sounds like you are a creative midfielder, a generator, a brain "a motor".... If you have played Fifa you'll see that they give attributes to talented players, and one is a playmaker- organizer, a person that has a pretty good sense of the field, where his players are, and knows how to manage the time, when to pass first time, try a through ball, switch the field etc. This is a great thing to have as many players lack this mental tempo sense. There are some players that are way to vertical or make decisions that are totally incongruentwith how the game is developing. The ability to read the match and play like a watch, making others play, keeping possesion and finding space is just enourmously valuable.

My advice is for you to play in the middle, it can be anywhere from a defensive midfielder, to a regular central midfielder, or a few yards more north as a media punta, the "10", generating plays, giving fluidity to your team and making your team play. Just don't force anything. rather go with the flow.

your playstyle doesn't affect your position it determines it. at the end of the day if you are a playmaker you will never reach your potential if you are forced to play as a left back
Last edited by panchester07 on 14 Jan 2013, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Aiyik
New User

Post by Aiyik » 14 Jan 2013, 22:45

Thanks . Would watching Mesut Ozil's game improve my play? He is my most favourite player of all time . 2nd is Sergio Busquets . Post a comment at my 'Final Position' post :)

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 Jan 2013, 23:00

those are two of my favorite players as well, watch them as much as you can, copy them, become them

actually become you the best version of you, but if you like them so much, its undobtly because you have those traits in you, if you have the desire, if watching them do what they do just gives you deep enjoyment and excitement its because you have those traits in you as well. If your passionate about a certain playing style then it will be easy to train and materialize it, because internally you already have an idea and a picture.

you seem to like players with exquisite feel for the balls, and seem to have a passion for mastering this yourself, is what i mean. while some friends totally admire steven gerrard, and on the pitch will be more accelerated, vertical and try shots from long range (with briliant passing must i add) i prefer Juan Mata, Van Persie, Ozil to name a few. What do i naturally tend to do? i tend to gravitate towards that style on the pitch, its your personality, like your handwritting, your identity express it and maximize it
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 14 Jan 2013, 23:57

I think in many cases your physique and physical attributes define your strengths as a player, which ultimately determines what position you should play. Obviously there are exceptions, but you won't see many 5''6 players winning headers at center back, nor many 6''4, 190lb players dribbling through defences the way Messi or Suarez do.

Aiyik
New User

Post by Aiyik » 15 Jan 2013, 12:58

For scottS4 , I'm 5'6 and my weight is 60 kg . I have a good balance and strenght to overcome some physical players . I learn all types of defending skills to defend with every type of attacker and attacking skills to overcome any type of defender . In my Final Position topic , I'd told everything that you need to know about my attributes .

For panchester07 , I'll always remember this line "Football is a life and it is my life" . I love football . I learn to see the game , to feel the game and to love the game when I was 4 . Van Persie is also my favourite player . His playing style is remarkable . I have copy his playing style for my futsal team . In result , I was the top scorer of my team . I'm in charge of the scoring chances even though my position is as the last line of defence before the goalkeeper . Ronaldinho , Guti , Zidane , Ozil , Messi , Van Persie , Henry , Busquets , Beckenbauer , Cryuff , Hummels , Gerrard , Lampard , Arteta and Vieira are all my favourite player . They have their own playstyle and my playstyle are more resembles to Beckenbauer when in defence , Busquets and Ozil when in midfield and Van Persie plus Cryuff when in forward . Their playstyle make me love football very much . Their creative minds sets the game to be a lot more like a concert . Their "rhythm" flows within the team and create a winning mentality but most player just doesn't get my playstyle except for 2 of my futsal teammates .