Center Mid' and Dribbling

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
desire10
Veteran Member

Center Mid' and Dribbling

Post by desire10 » 29 May 2011, 21:21

I play center mid' for my team. I have great passing, but the aspect of my game that I'm known for is my superb dribbling. I feel that if I stay in centre-mid, my dribbling skills may diminish, as I only really have to strafe out of pressure, and not surge into the box Messi-style. That's why I'm thinking it may not be my position. Maybe attacking mid?
Everything you need, is already inside.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 29 May 2011, 21:26

You do support Barcelona? You do have a picture of Iniesta in your comment? Right? Or am I seeing things...lol

Iniesta and Xavi are prime examples of being good dribblers in CM...It what makes them great because not only do they have all the other things, they can take on a man in midfield, and then run inbetween the lines which makes the defenders sh*t themself and arent sure whether to stick or twist...

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 29 May 2011, 21:49

xavi not so much but iniesta is no joke in dribbling him and modric are some of the best.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 29 May 2011, 22:52

Youtube Paul Gascoigne. True Legend. That is all

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 29 May 2011, 22:57

nick117 wrote:xavi not so much but iniesta is no joke in dribbling him and modric are some of the best.
xavi is a good dribbler too, which explains why he can hold on to the ball in the tightest of spaces. he does the pelopina to death. however if by dribbling, you mean running 20 meteres down the field beating players left and right, then not so much.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 29 May 2011, 23:17

shahensha wrote:
nick117 wrote:xavi not so much but iniesta is no joke in dribbling him and modric are some of the best.
xavi is a good dribbler too, which explains why he can hold on to the ball in the tightest of spaces. he does the pelopina to death. however if by dribbling, you mean running 20 meteres down the field beating players left and right, then not so much.
yeah that's more of what i had in mind, xavi's close control is great and by definition he does dribble well my idea is more of quick forward progress going through players like iniesta.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 30 May 2011, 00:17

nick do you like modric? i feel he is one of the most underrated center mids out there

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 30 May 2011, 03:34

Yeah i do like modric he's a weird mix of someone like berbatov and scholes with a better work rate.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 30 May 2011, 06:43

Thanks guys, I've decided for now that I'm more of a striker/winger. I'm the type of player who surges through defenses, and I'm a very good finisher. Not just this but being very coordinated, plus having a lean build (Josh Mceachran's probably stronger then me :P) at 5ft 3 in', I'm crazy agile. I do have quite good vision and short passing, but as a forward I think I'm far more deadly. Here's a question also - I'm good in the air, but the problem is that actually getting to the ball is a problem due to my height. What I find I'm very god at is losing my marker, does this compensate for height?
Everything you need, is already inside.

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 31 May 2011, 02:39

Here's a question also - I'm good in the air, but the problem is that actually getting to the ball is a problem due to my height. What I find I'm very god at is losing my marker, does this compensate for height?
Pazzini, Crespo, Pellissier, Falcao, none of these guys are too tall, but if you send a cross into the box, they will score without a doubt.
I'm assuming you're still young, you'll grow, but compensating for lack of height comes from good positioning and a good jump. If you lose your marker, it doesn't matter how tall you are. Just ask your teammates to send the crosses a little lower and move away from your marker.
Definitely work on your jump though if you plan on heading a lot.
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella