How do you play your position

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
captain_mostafa

Hey guys. Lets do somthing new. how about every body sauys wich posstion he plays and how he plays it, and what is his style of playing this position. for example if it is a deffence what r his defence tecnques and his style. :D

I play striker and mI like to be the guy who finishes plays, tapping the ball in. I also have a deadly shot and like to shoot far out and I like to pressure defences by tryingto intercept the ball and so forth. I like passing through balls, chip through ball etc. , give and go is something I also like to do and 1 on 1. I don't know if this is the what you are looking for....

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

THAT WAS ME ABOVE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

davidlavery
New User

i play striker for my local soccer team in northern ireland called "Rosario". I can never seem to score because i never in the right position and our midfield never feed the balls through for our strikers. Does anyone knoew how to solve this problem?
David Lavery

madridfc
Veteran Member

i played striker for my high school team, and the coach messed up how i play (he basically told me to hide behind the defenders, never go back to help on defense, and always be the highest you can without being offside), and if you didn't do what he said he'd yell at you and make you hate him (well, for me at least) even more. so then i go to a tryout for ODP and play this sort of style and the coaches are thinking: what is she doing just waiting for the ball to come to her? so i eventually changed and now i'm doing much better, but i can't exactly thank my old coach for changing the style i should be playing. w/ODP we've been working on defending as a unit and making play predictable, etc, which is really good for me as i'm not exactly the best defender in the world. oh well. hope this answers your question
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

jdefoe
Forum groupie

madridfc wrote:i played striker for my high school team, and the coach messed up how i play (he basically told me to hide behind the defenders, never go back to help on defense, and always be the highest you can without being offside), and if you didn't do what he said he'd yell at you and make you hate him (well, for me at least) even more. so then i go to a tryout for ODP and play this sort of style and the coaches are thinking: what is she doing just waiting for the ball to come to her? so i eventually changed and now i'm doing much better, but i can't exactly thank my old coach for changing the style i should be playing. w/ODP we've been working on defending as a unit and making play predictable, etc, which is really good for me as i'm not exactly the best defender in the world. oh well. hope this answers your question
I know you may have had a tough time with this, I certainly did because I went through the same type of thing. Just work on your skills and develop them so you can make a team with good coaching. Try not to go against your coache's word no matter how much you want to.

Earnie
Sophomore Member

I am a striker,i use my pace on the defence and also will shoot from anywhere when i see a chance this usually catches the keeper unawares and leads to a goal basically that is what i do.
Nets stretch and stadiums smile.

captain_mostafa

yes FCBarcelona amd madridfc that is paerfect. 8)

captain_mostafa

I personaly play Left midfield. I help the defence from the left side and but i dont go to deep in the defence. I am not realy good at defence so my only way to do good at defence is when ever any one has a ball i usually take from him the ball by hitting him hard with my shoulder in his shoulder so he loses balance and i take the ball. but somtimes they make pass so i cant intersect the ball that way. when the defence pass the ball to me i take the ball and explode with it. i go to almost end of the other ield and center the ball, or somtimes if i pass the defender that is running with me i cross inside the field with the ball and ethier shoot or make a pass, usually i make passes. also when a fast defendre is running with me i hit him with my shoulders so he loses balance and i get infront of him with 2 or 3 yards so i can make my passes. or i also make my self that i am going to center but instead i get the ball from behind me and i get more space to do what i want. i ussually like to move my body to the sides so i can fake the openet. :wink:

striker is for me

jdefoe
Forum groupie

I play left striker in a 4-4-2 system. Just like Henry, I have lots of winger experience, and sometimes I drift off to the wing, and deliver crosses to set up plays, as well as getting on through balls, and creating space for myself to cut inside and score.

captain_mostafa

Hey jdefoe, can u tell me more about how to play left wing. I tried to play that once put didnt do good. how do u create space there and do u go help out ur defence. :) THANK U

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

captain_mostafa wrote:Hey jdefoe, can u tell me more about how to play left wing. I tried to play that once put didnt do good. how do u create space there and do u go help out ur defence. :) THANK U
Let me try to answer... basically left wing you need alot of speed, I played left wing for my high school team and I scored a nice goal, sort of like John-Dahl Tomasson scored in Euro 2004, the lob. What I tried to do is play through balls for strikers and players making runs and if that didnt work, I tried to pass the defender, as far as defence is concerned, I tried to get back on defence so I help out on my man, it takes alot of stamina, but if your team takes the ball away and then you are wide open.As for creating space, look for 1-2 passes(give and go) and you should get alot of space that way.

Hope this helps. :D

captain_mostafa

thanks very much FCBarcelona

madridfc
Veteran Member

jdefoe wrote:
I know you may have had a tough time with this, I certainly did because I went through the same type of thing. Just work on your skills and develop them so you can make a team with good coaching. Try not to go against your coache's word no matter how much you want to.
thanks jdefoe! i'll try!
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."