what happened

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
collin
Veteran Member

what happened

Post by collin » 20 Apr 2011, 02:21

i dont know what has happened to me really. I feel like i dedicated my life to something and sacrificed everything i had, i haven't had best friends in 2 years since they fu**ed me over. I have no best friend to talk to about my problems. I have friends, i am a nice kid at school. I only speak when called upon, i only talk to people that have an interest in me aswell, other than that not really.
I dont hate anybody, nobody hates me. My parents most likely think i dont have much of a life, all i really do is play soccer and chill at home. Nothing really more than that, i don't go to parties, ive never been to one since 7th grade. I have a 2.7 gpa, im lazy, i know this. I fu**ed up, but it's to late now. Im a junior in highschool, this is the last year that really counts. I feel like i could hang out with people if i wanted, in all honestly i don't really want to. No im not wierd, i just like being around where i am comfortorable, i like practicing alone to.

I am never really proud of myself, i feel like i hold alot in. The only time i am proud is when i play good soccer, which is maybe once every 3 or 4 games. I walk the halls kind of annoyed, i don't really like highschool people are annoying and obnoxious. I am frustrated alot with soccer, and how i train and play, after all it is most of my life. It almost feels like a job, but don't get me wrong i love it.
Sometimes i don't go out and practice because its fun, maybe its something engraved in my head that there is no other option then to practice, what the hell else are you going to do with your time. I look at people who are on the same level as me in soccer, they have a life and alot of friends, i dont understand that. I feel like i am waiting for something, i am not sure what. Maybe something better in life awaits me, i hope. Im not very close with my parents, i don't tell them much, but i dont really have much to say to them about life.

My dad had a 4.0 gpa in highschool, how about that for pressure? When he tells me my grades are horrible, i get defensive and i think to myself one day i will show him when i am a pro, but he doesn't believe it. I don't hate my life or anything thats not why i am writing this, i really dont mind the way i live, i have everything i care about the most anyways. Could things be better? yes probably, but it is what it is.

My one goal in life is to prove people wrong, i don't like when people say education comes first, especially teachers. Education can't fail you of course. I just don't like that saying it just gives me more motivation to be a pro. Anything is possible for anyone. An average education is easy, all you have to do is listen closely in school, but i wanna do it the hard way. I don't want to live a normal life sitting in some office. I want to be inspire other people that is one of the reasons i wanna play pro so badly.
This is about it and it feels good to write it down, i've done this in the past and it feels good, like i said i hold alot in and i only really mourn about it when i really think about it.

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 20 Apr 2011, 04:40

when you make posts like this it freaks me out because the similarities between your life and mine are freakishly close. i could've written this same thread and almost everything would be true. in the last 2 years i've sacrificed everything for soccer; friends, socializing, time, etc.. theres no one i know personally who sacrificed as mush as i did. i see my team mates/opponents who are better than me who didn't sacrifice anything.
Last edited by scottS4 on 22 Apr 2011, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 20 Apr 2011, 04:58

I think most of us have had similar experiences funny enough i graduated with a 2.7 i don't party and i just play a lot. I still have some close friends that are like family i just don't see them as often as i would like.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 20 Apr 2011, 05:45

Yeah seriously, this was me in high school as well...

Maybe a little worse than scotts, cause i always had big social apetite, i just somehow overlooked it and focused on soccer..

The thing about teammates and kids on my level having a life is so true, i can relate to that very much, i saw kids my level with loads of friends, getting into fights in parties, in practice sharing all these crazy stories, holding the hand of their cute girls in the hall way, and me.. I was like ... " :roll: yeah, I did my cone drills yesterday and then I went for a 8k run".....

My grades were good because me dad pressured me so much and really checked my grades everyweek and was pushing me to improve them, i had all A's in highschool, but now that i'm 18 and in the uni im slacking.

Like i said, beeing 14-17 i really sacrificed a lot of sh*t for soccer..

Now im learning to divide my time... Time to play football, time to socialize, time to talk to girls, time to study, time to play, time to be serious.....

Its all about finding your balance, if you go soccer freak and just dive in to that lifestye, eventually you'll lack friends, and your grades will slip...

If you go all friends, you will be a loser in sports, and suck in school...

IF you go all in soccer, you kind of lack friends, and don't really enjoy life as much..In spite of you loving football, you need to be serious in other stuff as well for your own sake..

Find your balance..

I realized i became kind of shy with girls do to be me being a soccer freak earlier on, now i'm talking to girls and getting much more comfortable doing so, i try to flirt with them, and i get better at it with time - just like football - soon i hope to have a girl friend - thank god i have many friends right now and maybe too much of a social life- i'm slacking in school - but atleast my football and social life is pretty good - like i said soon i want to have a girlfriend but all these things are things i had to push myself to do since before, i use to be all about soccer, and my saturdays instead of being chilling with friends in the mall, would be doing interval training in the track, and i really was a big soccer freak that lacked seriously in other areas..

end rant, but agian i can relate to you SO much

Try and make many friends, girls and guys, try to have a(cute) girl friend, and just go all in with the same enerygy and effort you put in soccer...

Don't care what your parents think, care what YOU think.. If you do your best everyday, and love your parents and show them you love them theres nothing else you can do.. Truth is all the work your parents do, why they wake up in the morning, and get home late, is ALL for you. They love you more than you think, and they would intervene if they thought anything in your life was really wrong...
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 20 Apr 2011, 10:25

I can relate to this too

From 15-present I pretty much sacraficed everything, including friends. Although I wish I didn't...I see some of the girls I used to be friends with and we just walk past eachother...it was a dickish thing to do on my part. Don't get me wrong I have a lot of friends in school...But I never used to go out of my way to get closer with them etc...

But I realised this a few months a go and i'm trying to build relationships up again, coz I miss people..

I think panny hit the nail on the head.. you have to divide your time equally..i still play football for up to 3 hours per day..but once I finish football, i try to disconnect myself from it now, and talk to girls, friends bla blah..it's all about

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 20 Apr 2011, 10:33

its good to see others can relate to this, now answer me this question. Was it worth it?

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 20 Apr 2011, 14:30

Eh, your still in your junior year if i were you again get your GPA up a bit go to college and play soccer there. It's probably a better way to go pro than just trials imo.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 20 Apr 2011, 16:33

Your GPA can change a lot in a year, it is very possible to bring your GPA up in your Senior year.

Story time with Arsenalfc08

I had a lot of close friends in high school. We would go to the football games, a lot of them ran cross country with me and I'd known them for years. I ended up graduating a year early. A lot of people thought it was stupid and that we would miss out on our Senior year. I did it anyway, got accepted to college and still kept in touch with a lot my friends.

While my friends in high school were my friends then we really don't talk now. Once they graduated a lot of people went away to college (a couple hours away or even different states). We all met new people at college, made new friends, involved with activities, jobs, etc.

So basically what I'm trying to say is your best friend or friends in high school may not even be your friends later on. I know everyone makes a huge deal about friends in high school, who doesn't, but I don't think anyone thinks about life after high school. I'm not saying anyone can't or won't have the same friends but a lot of people move away for college and obviously meet new people.

As others have said balance is key. Don't put all your effort into soccer either, balance it out. The last thing you want is burnout or end up hating it. Take a break once in a while, maybe find something else you like besides soccer? I'm sure there is something.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 20 Apr 2011, 18:36

collin wrote:its good to see others can relate to this, now answer me this question. Was it worth it?
It was totally worth it- Literally no one can touch me now in football.. All the hours paid out, and my level is incredible.. When I get a long ball I bring it down perfectly, I cut 2 men, and I score the equaliser in a big game, and see all my team running in joy towards me, you realize it is totally fu**ing worth it.. Through football I learned so many like skills that these other kids don't have for spending there years in high school the way they did.. They where all about fun, and prties, drinking and blunt smoking..

The amount of sh*t I learned from football.. Its my passion and I love it so much.. Watching a Barcelona game, and knowing why every player does why they do, how they pass to create spaces, and pressure back inmediately, all that sh*t I train for that everyday, and I understand it, and the more I understand the more I want to find out, and I freaking love it..

Also, through football you learn to work for your goals.. You want to improve and you train, and you improve... Sure, on paper's its easy to say this sh*t.. You want something work for it.. Through soccer you do the drills at high intensity's and you sacrifice yourself, and therefor you improve.....The best way to understand this law is to see it in action, cause many people can tell you to do it, but if you seen it working in your own life you will know that for anything you want you have to work, and football teaches you this very well..

Everything in my life, I can relate to football... Wow, this guy is so good with girls look at the babe that's holding his hand ... Yeah thats because he's been talking to girls for years, got rejected a lot, and kept going and know he's really good talking to women, because he did whats equivalent to training in soccer, he trained with women..

Football taught me that you can train for anything and improve a lot, and that theres no excusesfor not being where you wanna be. thats the biggest lesson it taught me, something i've been hearing for years, but I didn't wrap my mind around, it didn't rinse in, till I saw it clearly in my life, drillls, drills, drills, intensity, intensity, intensity, consistency,consitency,consitency = ridiculous level... Traduce that to any area of your life and the same will apply.. I couldn't have understood that if it weren't for football..

And even if i wouldn't learned all the stuff i learnt, it would still be worth it, because for us its like desire's avatar Love = Football

Goal is my extasis, passing back and forth is my joy, leaving players behind is my entertaining, just, i don't know, i love it so much...
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 20 Apr 2011, 23:44

Collin I'm 100% with you, and everyone else that can relate. I have no social life, I get called a loser because I don't do to friends houses, and I don't care, because as mentioned earlier, I too have no social appetite. I get strange, odd looks in the playground when I'm eating my assorted bag of nuts, seeds, and grains, but again, who cares.

I thought also, that I was the only one who had the players around me, just as good, even better, but still go to parties and get wasted. It's really a big lift to know I'm not the only one with this kind of pressure.

Great inspiring post klc, thanks so much!
Everything you need, is already inside.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 21 Apr 2011, 19:06

i think you guys are putting yourselves under too much pressure, as much as you want to be the best you can be you need to stop comparing yourself so much to the other players and try to have a bit more fun playing football. In regards to the partying, you may one day be happy that you missed out on all that partying as you might go pro. But dont worry that things arent working out so well at school, theres a lot of pressure on us socially and when you get older you will make friends and be happier and realise it doesnt matter. At school i didnt have that many real friends, but im at uni now and i now have loads of friends. I went through similar things to what you guys went through.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.