If you was a coach, where would you play me?

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
G_ucc_i

If you was a coach, where would you play me?

Post by G_ucc_i » 03 Apr 2011, 19:07

just over 5ft 11.
Age 16
Build: muscular, Thick
12.5 Stone

Pro's
Strength
speed
first touch
technique
good tactical awareness
flair
1 v 1 man beating.
good shot on goal.
Passing

Con's
Greedy(love the challenge to take on multiple opposition)
Left foot could be better
decision making could be better

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 03 Apr 2011, 19:13

Forward or winger. As a forward, I'd see you being a good target man.

G_ucc_i

Post by G_ucc_i » 03 Apr 2011, 19:51

Those are my 2 favoured positions, the Wing being my favourite :P

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 03 Apr 2011, 20:13

I would put you on the bench until you realise that everyone has a finite number of strengths, but an infinite number of weaknesses that can be improved.

I know i'm sniping here and been over critical, but saying things like "left foot could be better" isn't good. The most important thing you need to get anywhere in life, especially in football, is realising what areas you must improve on. For you to say it "could" be better, it therefore must be a weakness and must be improved.

I know I'm acting like a cock, but in reality I wish that I had someone to tell me these things when I was younger, because looking back everyone needs someone to keep their feet glued to the floor to make real progress and have any sort of real chance.

I would play you on the wings as you ideally need to be very tall to be a centre forward target man.

Depending on how your team plays of course. If your team plays possession football with good accurate passing, then I would play you as a centre forward but as striker looking to get in behind the defence, like david villa or torres. If your team plays counter football or wing play football with a tall target man to cross the ball to, definitely winger.

G_ucc_i

Post by G_ucc_i » 03 Apr 2011, 20:26

klc123 wrote:I would put you on the bench...
- I didn"t deserve this :(
klc123 wrote:I know I'm acting like a cock, but in reality I wish that I had someone to tell me these things when I was younger, because looking back everyone needs someone to keep their feet glued to the floor to make real progress and have any sort of real chance.
- Thanks for looking out for me, I really appreciate this :wink:
klc123 wrote:I would play you on the wings as you ideally need to be very tall to be a centre forward target man.
- Thanks for the answer to the question, I love the wing so I guess that is a really good thing that I am suited for the position

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 03 Apr 2011, 20:30

No, you didn't.

G_ucc_i

Post by G_ucc_i » 03 Apr 2011, 20:32

Dam Right....!

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 04 Apr 2011, 02:44

First post in a really long time.
Anyway, I would play you somewhere in between winger and forward. Because winger to me means "run down the line and cross", which doesn't really make use of all your attributes. At the same time, I wouldn't play you as a straight out inverted winger (like when Messi used to play on the wing).

I would play you as a left inside forward, which is similar to inverted winger, but is more direct and, well, 'forward-ish'. Think Henry at Arsenal, Robinho at the World Cup, or Eto'o when playing alongside Milito this season. Basically, their roles were/are to camp high up the field, not as high up as a centre-forward would, but also not as far back as a winger (inverted or not) would. Without the ball, they'd be pressed up against the byline to stretch play. As soon as they get the ball, they would dart to the centre, running pretty much horizontally across the field, playing 1-2s off their teammates (not too many, one with a midfielder and one with a centre-forward are enough to get you into the box) and dribbling past a defender or two.

Of course, this is a really specific position that only works if you have a perfect understanding with your centre-forward, and a defensive minded coach would never let you stay high up the field at all times, but it does seem like a very good position for you based on what you've told us.

Think this goal, but created about ten yards further back.
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

leonardo23
Sophomore Member

abs

Post by leonardo23 » 04 Apr 2011, 07:38

i would put you wherever you play better, it doesn't matter if you are 5 5 n skinny or if you are 6 2 and muscle, there are other more important aspects that will make you perform better as a striker, like being able to pass the ball quick and correctly, being able to play with the goal posts at your back or being able to stop the defender from anticipating a pass by shielding your space or struggling with the defender(i don't know how to say it in english)
my point is that playing football is just about tacking decisions, and each position is tactically different, so you should try each position and pick in which you are better

madmie
New User

Re: If you was a coach, where would you play me?

Post by madmie » 31 Dec 2015, 12:16

Be a defensive midfielder. I could imagine you as a modern midfield player that able to play in deep lying playmaker role or in Number 10 role.
I could see you are able to play Capoue, Sneijder, Kante (Leicester), or Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal).

Wish you luck.