Freaking loose everything !!

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
panchester07
Veteran Member

Whats up lads... I have an extraordinary issue... Since I was a kid I've lost watches, keys, gameboys, every now and then.. More than average... But now I tend to loose sh*t every 3 days.... And It freaking bugs the sh*t out of me...

I lost my car keys on thursday.... Can't find them, look for them EVERYWHERE....

Lost my house keys today, I was in a scrimage at some fields, had to change close to go to a restaurant with my family, and somewhere along the lines forgot them, when I tried to get home, they weren't fu**in in my backpack...

I do things on a hurry, Im in a rush a lot, i'm not stressed out, or anxious, im just hurrying from one place to an other and my mind isn't exactly in the moment, and this is when I loose my keys, wallet, etc..

I need to do something about it, cause the problem is anoying me and my family to say the least..

Any suggestions? Its really a pain in the butt loosing sh*t every other day... They usually appear, like I find them again a few days later, but sometimes I don't :(

I think its that I'm always on the go, from place to place, rushing, can't be late, hurry up, and I don't prepare for sh*t, its like its 5 minutes away and then I start rushing and getting ready... So I leave sh*t, misplace it, whatever...

Any advise?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

desire10
Veteran Member

Argh that's too bad, I use to do this so much when I played pick-up games, as I was always in a rush to get to class and I'd forget things on the oval ($800 dollar phone for one).

All I can suggest is to take things down a notch, wake up earlier, get whatever needs to be done out of the way. Try not to keep things in your pockets either, rookie mistake. Have EVERYTHING in a bag, and assign compartments for your things. If you need to take something out while your busy, then take it out, put it back in, don't sit it aside you, and then get distracted and rush off.

This probably won't help but it's all I can really say.
Everything you need, is already inside.

collin
Veteran Member

yeah man dont leave to go somewhere so late, go earlier. or you could get obnoxious and put some kind of alarm on your items to find them lol

Met

Develop some OCD.

Everytime I leave the house I'm like keys, wallet, phone. Anytime I leave an area, I double check. I'd rather be late somewhere and have all my stuff than be early and forget stuff because I spend time fretting over where I left them.

Also on desire10's advice, I'd take it one step further and have one or two places in your house where you keep your things. Keys are always kept one place and when I leave I keep items in the same place in a bag. It's good because if it's not there, you hear alarm bells and you notice exactly where you put it. It's like running with studs on concrete and when you loose a stud you feel it straight away.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Met wrote:Develop some OCD.

Everytime I leave the house I'm like keys, wallet, phone. Anytime I leave an area, I double check. I'd rather be late somewhere and have all my stuff than be early and forget stuff because I spend time fretting over where I left them.

Also on desire10's advice, I'd take it one step further and have one or two places in your house where you keep your things. Keys are always kept one place and when I leave I keep items in the same place in a bag. It's good because if it's not there, you hear alarm bells and you notice exactly where you put it. It's like running with studs on concrete and when you loose a stud you feel it straight away.
This. I find the easiest way to not lose things is to develop a place for them, so there's very little guesswork when you have to find them again. Try designating some spots for your keys/wallet/phone at your house/soccer bags/etc. and get into the routine of placing them there when not in use.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Yepp the above posters nailed it. I had to develop similar habits to keep from misplacing things. It'll take time to adjust but eventually you'll get to a point where you will be checking to make sure you have all your criticals without even thinking about it. (Unless your wasted, then all bets are off. I've had too many mornings waking up after going out to discover something's missing :evil: )

Or for a quicker fix, just take a bunch of adderol, you'll organize the sh*t out of everything haha.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

I agree with what's been said completely. Habit forming is the key to success. If you're used to losing things/being forgetful, you need to be very predictable with what you do with them. I don't have as serious a problem of losing stuff as you claim to, but I still tend to misplace stuff. Most often, it's shirts. I go to martial arts class, and we will play a game of football to warm up on Saturdays. As my gi is really heavy, and doesn't allow me to play like I like, I wear a shirt underneath for that purpose. When the warmup game is done, I toss the shirt, put back on my gi and practice. Often, I leave and forget the shirt. :p So I've started putting it basically in my shoes, so I will notice it and remember to take it.

Also, when I'm out, I keep things in my pockets in a very specific order, so I always know where they are. I check the pockets before I leave a place, and if something's not there, it triggers my mind to think about where it might be, and to look for it before it's too late.

Right Front Pocket: iPod
Left Front Pocket: Phone, change, knick-knacks
Back Left Pocket: Knick-knacks that won't hurt to sit on
Back Right Pocket: Wallet

When I'm home, I'm never too concerned about losing things, cos I won't really lose them. I'll just misplace them and have to find them. For small articles though, like keys, that I would really need in a pinch and are easy to lose, I just keep them on the third step of the stairs. That way, I never forget them going out the door. Sometimes, my mother will move them to the key rack upstairs, and I'll freak out not knowing where they are. :p Yeah, they should be on the rack, but because I keep them on the stairs, that's what I'm used to and it prevents me from forgetting/misplacing.

Try out your own methods/procedure for keeping stuff at hand/in memorable spots! It should help a lot.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Thanks everybody for the help, I'll follow you guys' advise of leaving it in designated spots and checking if i have them when I enter and leave places...

A week passed and I didn't find my carkey, my mom is making me pay for a new one, since that was the only copy, I have to pay 90+ bucks, and it this is age thats like 14 million dollars to me.. I have no savings, so what she's doing is she's gonna cut my allowance for X amount of weeks till it pays for the key.. :roll:

I guess that will teach me to be more careful where I put my sh*t..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

If you think that's bad, wait until you finally pay off the key and find it under your bed! :lol:

Met

Rome_Leader wrote:If you think that's bad, wait until you finally pay off the key and find it under your bed! :lol:
I thought that was harsh before I realised he'll have a spare! Just don't tell your mum, use it when she doesn't know. :roll:

Disclaimer: Advice given is to be used at advicee's own common sense. I accept no liability for getting told off.