teamates dont kno simple runs

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
ROIUSA
Veteran Member

ive been practicing with some of the players im gunna tryout w/ soon. however its become obvious 2 me that they dont kno how 2 play w/ me doing simple runs like and overlap for example. they dont read what im doing so theres no point in doing it. i kno ive talked 2 them about trying 2 read the play. anything else i can do or say 2 them
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

Mike

You can try talking to yor coach, but I think this should be only when your on the team for sure. Maybe when you get the ball tell them where to go, communicate with them.

x2reme21

tell them to make a run-_-;; isn't that simple??

and if u have practices, then teach them how "running around the outside" is done...

if u have a coach, then u should tell him!

but i think telling them to run is the best idea;;

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Teach them when to run for each situation....

Shouting at them to run might be a little disheartening.

soccer11
Admin

couldnt you motion with your hand. thats what i do, and if they dont see it or dont know what im trying to say, i just tell them to make a run, but not in a yelling way.

2wire
New User

i'm going through that rite now and the only thing i've been doing is after they mess up i just tell them "hey do this when you see me do (whater ever hand motion i do) this" it doesent work 100 percent but its good when nothing else works that well either
"gooooooooooaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll"

Ingore these four words

prtglsoccerfan22

x2reme21, and Mike have the right idea. When playing with strangers, you need to comunicate. They cant be expected to know your style of play, just like you dont know their style of play. You need to tell them or point them to where you want the ball played. For drills with my team, I dont want the opponent to know where I'm going to go so I point somewhere when im behind them. This is effective. But with strangers you might have to actually tell them, "Overlap" or "Here, here".
-Marcus-

RG900
Veteran Member

Mike wrote:You can try talking to yor coach, but I think this should be only when your on the team for sure. Maybe when you get the ball tell them where to go, communicate with them.
i agree and i also think u should see da best way u can communicate with them while playing like y dont u try sumthin else they can understand and stuff
RAMI 07

oranje74

what are some runs every striker should know?
this is especiallly important to me.
how can i get into positions to recieve the ball.
season is over, but coach is always stressed that as the most important quality.
I can do it

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

some important runs are the diagonal run, the diagonal run, and the diagonal run. learn to use that well and your defenders will have a lot more space, and you'll have a lot more goals. the most important run is any run that isn't a straight line, and keeps you open.
Hala Galacticos

noah
Sophomore Member

call for the ball when you make your runs untill they get it.
think two passes ahead.