Biggest breakdown I've ever had.

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
collin
Veteran Member

i just want to start this off by saying this should feel good for me to get this out of my head.

Thank you collin for making yourself play horrible. Even though the fact you dedicate around 3 hours of soccer to your day every day you are still not playing right. I have watched soccer games everyday played everyday, done fitness cone drills passing drills just about everything. Yet i know kids who play on the 6th team in the nation for the u17's who dont even own a soccer ball. They dont bring a soccer ball to practice because they dont even have one. I think to myself...How does this guy survive? How is this guy better than me? After a year of me training hard im still not better? Am i autistic or something does every 2000 touches for me= 100 for him? big WTF. I've worked very hard for years, sweat after sweat after sweat and many tears. But now, to the point where i am so negative that i dont even have as much fun playing the game as i used to? Putting so much stress on myself and expecting so much. I do expect alot from myself, For my touch to not be on during games or for me to be inactive is just stupid. I expect alot because I work for my skills and not getting the outcome you want is just dissapointing. I just don't understand i guess there is something that im not getting. Also, I have been told i have good technical abilities but i dont use them, I dont know why but i just wish i could show everyone what im made of. But obviously that not possible for me no matter how many posts i read on these forums. And for the people who say it will come with time i disagree, Im 16 years old already only have about 2 years more of getting scouted, and If i haven't already passed up kids that I have been working 5x as hard at then when will i pass them up. THere is only so much time. Also i am not doing drills wrong because ive gotten all of them from here, regardless i still touch the ball alotttttt. Just confused dont know what to do with myself anymore. So thats all i have to say and it felt really good to get that out. Thank you

scottS4
Veteran Member

i'd seriously reccomend playing and thinking about it less. last indoor my life was alot like yours: weight lifting during lunch break, training after school on my own, team practices in the evening... i would analyze and fret about every bad game i had, (which there were more of than before) every mistake i made, every weakness i showed, etc and how i could improve on that. i found it didn't actually do alot for my development even though i was very constructive and positive with my self critizism.

due to homework and work i haven't had time to train on my own in the past 3 weeks, and i haven't had much time to even think about what my weaknesses are. but i still played really, really well in my last 2 sessions. i think that shows it doesn't necessarily matter if i don't center my life around cone drills or shooting practice.

klc123
Veteran Member

Some times you just have a bad game...

You and the people you are playing against have something in common. Both of you think that he is better than you.

You are never going to be better than someone if you constantly think in your mind that they are better or you are inferior.

I can't should never cross your work.

Negative thoughts shouldn't exist, don't think "don't miss" because then you will. Instead think "score" and then you will.

For example, if I tell you not to think about pink elephants, you still do, and you cannot help it. Your subconscious is a very strong thing, and even the mere thought of failure can cause it, regardless of your potential ability.

So that's the only advice I can give you in a situation like this. Don't be negative, be confident in your ability, and start to have a can-do attitude, because you will get no where in life never mind football, if you constantly think you can't do something.

Met

You'll be fine.

Met
Last edited by Met on 29 Sep 2010, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

panchester07
Veteran Member

I just want to mention that.. Training hard, at high intensities, consistently will get you much better....... But not necesarrily will it make you play better in matches... You have to fix your mindset to perform at your peak... What does it for me is obsessing with winning, wanting to win a lot, and i stop focusing on my individual performance..I really want to win, so I go as hard as I can to those 50-50 balls, I get up for all the headers, I sprint up and down the field helping the team, and I'm so in the "i want to win" mood that I'm way out of my head..Things usually go my way in games now, I really perform to my maximum, but a thought that always helps is "fu** no, I fu**in trained harder than everybody here, i deserve this more :evil: " Kinda gets me mad, agressive, etc. Confidence in the match for me, is kind of determined in the first 5 minutes. If I get to the field, and play as hard as possible those first 5 minutes, tackle hard, make energetic runs, get up for the headers, beat players when I have to, play fast and aggresively, i'll play the other 85 minutes with confidence and out of my head.

Try listening to your ipod, getting pumped, fired up, etc. Warm up properly, don't let your mind beat you son.

Many people have this problem, realize its common, and that it has a solution.

This maybe isn't an option to you, but here where I live theres a lot of football going in the streets, parks, alleys, wherever.. I go there often a ask to play and start playing.. On most we play 7 vs 7 , the team that score's 2 goals wins, and then the team that lost leaves the field, for other 7 players to get in and play, there are like 3-4 teams waiting to play, so theres no margin for error.. They really push you, they yell at you if you make mistakes, they tell you "beat the fear kid, beat the fear" they don't wanna loose, and they need you to play well, they kinda push you out of your comfort zone for you, its kind of play well or get in major trouble with lots of ghetto kids.. This really helped me, when I go to other places and play I'm the one that plays the hardest now....

Just do your best... Do your best... Thats all you have to do.

You really gotta be a tiger man, or a shark, whichever you prefer.. Your acting more like a little dolphin, mermaid, or pony, whichever you prefer :wink:
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

collin
Veteran Member

wow alot of good information here guys thanks alot, and panchester i have realized that if i get in the game be aggresive and demand the ball alot within the first 5 minutes then I play out of my mind the next 80 so you are right thanks

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

how long have you been playing? and what kind of team are you on?

collin
Veteran Member

I've been playing since i was about 5 and im on Waza Fc 95 black east and we are ranked 4 in the state of michigan for the U-15 age group. But its highschool season so im going into U-16 in a couple months.

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

bro. chill out. dont expect to be the best. try to be the best. you have plenty of time

Juicygriot17

i have the same exact problem. my skill level is one of the best on the team, but when i enter my school and play for my team, my touch and decision making go wild. i know i should be starting but i dont know how to maximize my potential. any help would be appreciated.

Juicygriot17