Should this be a goal?

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 12 Sep 2010, 05:54

Yeah indeed.. His cockyness and ego was his cancer.... I personally would have saved the shot and then given it a sweet booot and cleared that shitt out of the box.. I don't care if its a shoot out, it aint going in periodçç

ps brown, you multiple times ponder why foreign people have attitudes against "american soccer" ... if you look in this thread you'll find quite the answer..the belief that you know quite more than anybody, combined with the ignorance and the reality that you don't know quite shite :):):) Don't wonder why football fans think your ignorant if in reality you are....Have a Im still learning attitude and the world will like you, but have a I know as much as you do attitude when in reality you don't (and its obvious you don't) and many people world wide will think of sh*t in a bag when they think of "american soccer" ..... NO OFFENSE.

I mean I have nothing against you.. Ever.... But many times have people said comments about american soccer and how rookie the fans are, and how much they don't live for the sport like other cultures, and have you defended your nation and said its just a mere stereotype..... thanks for corfirming its notttttt ...... i always knew it..... and we all did.....

NO OFFENSE

I'd love to play on a basketball coed league, 1 year, warm the bench, wathc a few games on tv, and then call myself an expert, join a forum, but wouldn't the real experts recent that, and realize im bluffing? i think so

No offense....
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 12 Sep 2010, 06:28

Whoa hey don't lump all Americans in with brown he only represents. . . well ok he represents about 75% of us i'll give it to you.
On topic i would feel like the biggest ass if i was that goalie he completely let his team down assuming they didn't go on to win it.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 12 Sep 2010, 11:15

The grass, posts and referee are all parts of the feild of play

The kicker gets one touch to score, the goalkeeper gets infinite touches to save

If the ball ends up in the goal after only one touch from the kicker and stays within the boundrys of the feild, it doesn't matter how, it is a goal

What an idiot keeper

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 12 Sep 2010, 13:12

However, there is one way the penalty could've been disallowed, and it probably would've drawn a lot more ire towards the ref: the ol' 'inadvertent whistle' call.

We see it all the time in American Football. A receiver makes some awesome catch saving the ball centimeters above the turf, and runs it in for a touchdown, only to be told "Uhh, sorry there, I totally thought the play was dead, so I blew the whistle... And stuff."

If the referee had to signal the penalty saved and/or blow his whistle in the some 3-4 seconds before the ball went in, or signaled after the first save which the keeper made, it probably wouldn't have counted.

That's why all referees should be encouraged to be alert, and to know exactly what criteria must be for a finished play.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 12 Sep 2010, 14:34

:shock: For once I'm not in the firing line :lol:

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 12 Sep 2010, 22:26

I think there was way too much over analyzation of this.

The player took the shot, it went off the keeper's hands and rolled into the net.

Clear goal.

End of story.

Moral of the story: Play the fu**ing game til the ball stops moving.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 13 Sep 2010, 02:59

Panchester I love the fact that you feel the need to try to attack me but I could give a sh*t about anything you ever say really. If you have a problem with me you can take it to pm's and I can explain to you exactly why you mean nothing to me or anyone else.

Anyway all I've really said is that there isn't a clear rule for that situation. You are all going off the rules for penalty kicks but those are different than a PKshootout. You can all talk sh*t all you want but I seem to be the only one who's taking the rules of the game into my opinion. But whatever and I could give a sh*t about personal attacks panchester.
• The referee chooses the goal at which the kicks will be taken
• The referee tosses a coin and the team whose captain wins the toss decides
whether to take the first or the second kick
• The referee keeps a record of the kicks being taken
• Subject to the conditions explained below, both teams take five kicks
• The kicks are taken alternately by the teams
• If, before both teams have taken five kicks, one has scored more goals than
the other could score, even if it were to complete its fi ve kicks, no more
kicks are taken
• If, after both teams have taken fi ve kicks, both have scored the same
number of goals, or have not scored any goals, kicks continue to be taken
in the same order until one team has scored a goal more than the other
from the same number of kicks
• A goalkeeper who is injured while kicks are being taken from the penalty
mark and is unable to continue as goalkeeper may be replaced by a
named substitute provided his team has not used the maximum number of
substitutes permitted under the competition rules
• With the exception of the foregoing case, only players who are on the
field of play at the end of the match, which includes extra time where
appropriate, are eligible to take kicks from the penalty mark
• Each kick is taken by a different player and all eligible players must take a
kick before any player can take a second kick
• An eligible player may change places with the goalkeeper at any time when
kicks from the penalty mark are being taken
• Only the eligible players and match offi cials are permitted to remain on the
fi eld of play when kicks from the penalty mark are being taken
• All players, except the player taking the kick and the two goalkeepers, must
remain within the centre circle
• The goalkeeper who is the team-mate of the kicker must remain on the
field of play, outside the penalty area in which the kicks are being taken, on
the goal line where it meets the penalty area boundary line
• Unless otherwise stated, the relevant Laws of the Game and International
F.A. Board Decisions apply when kicks from the penalty mark are being
taken
• If at the end of the match and before the kicks start to be taken from
the penalty mark, one team has a greater number of players than its
opponents, it must reduce its numbers to equate with that of its opponents
and the team captain must inform the referee of the name and number of
each player excluded. Any player thus excluded may not participate in kicks
from the penalty mark.
• Before the start of kicks from the penalty mark, the referee must ensure
that an equal number of players from each team remains within the centre
circle and they shall take the kicks

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 13 Sep 2010, 03:41

Basically you linked a bunch of rules none of which apply to this situation awesome.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 13 Sep 2010, 03:48

nick117 wrote:Basically you linked a bunch of rules none of which apply to this situation awesome.
Those are the rule on PK shootouts which don't address a situation like this which is my point.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 13 Sep 2010, 04:03

2brown347 wrote:
nick117 wrote:Basically you linked a bunch of rules none of which apply to this situation awesome.
Those are the rule on PK shootouts which don't address a situation like this which is my point.
So then it's the ref's decision or you use common sense with the rules which would give you a good goal.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 13 Sep 2010, 15:15

To be honest those rules are bulls**t. It doesn't even say basic stuff like the kicker having to kick the ball once, or that the goalkeeper must be on his line throughout the duration of the PK.

If you wanna go that detail about it then fine, but the situation is simple, if the ball is kicked, and the keeper saves it, but the ball still goes in, its still a goal. No exceptions, no special cases.

I'm sorry brown, you're just wrong in this case.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 13 Sep 2010, 18:23

Brown I didn't mean to attack you man, all I was saying was that everytime somebody brings up the "american's are ignorant's in "soccer" point you quickly run and say its a false stereotype. By not knowing something so basic like this you confirmed the stereotype a million times... Sorry if you took offense in it..

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 13 Sep 2010, 19:13

I'm not meaning to get involved, but just because Brown is ignorant about football doesn't mean all Americans are Panch. You made your point anyway and it's correct so you might as well just let it go.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 13 Sep 2010, 19:16

If you really paid attention to what I said I said it is a goal, but IMO it shouldn't be. To put it as simple and clear as possible: The laws of the game according to FIFA do not make any specific mention of the situation. You are all basing your opinion on the rules for penalty kicks taken during a game which is all good, by those standards it is a goal, like I said in my original post. My point is that penalty shootouts are not the same as a regular penalty kick and IN MY OPINION I think if the ball moves away from the goal after the keeper makes an initial save IN A PENALTY SHOOTOUT it should count as a save. Yes that isn't the rule, especially since there isn't anything specific said about that type of situation during a PENALTY SHOOTOUT. That said there is no crime in me thinking that the rule should be that if the ball moves away from the goal it should count as a save during a PK shootout. That situation has nothing to do with balls hitting post, or the keeper touching a ball but failing to divert it away from the goal. I'm not wrong since its an opinion on what the rule should be.

Also again panchester don't try to act innocent and like those aren't personal jabs. Being american has no effect on my knowledge of the game or any other fan of soccer from america's knowledge of the game.

Rules of the game are changing all the time, even yesterday there was a story about possibly bringing the golden goal back to extra time or doing away with extra time all together. Just because we're fans of the game doesn't mean we have to agree with every rule and regulation involved with it.

If you payed attention to my post you'd realize I said that according the the PK laws its a goal, but since its a PK shootout they should have more specific rules for these situations.

I can have my opinion and IMO the call should go the other way, even if that isn't the general opinion.

And again panchester, as I've said before, if you have a problem with someone take it to PM's instead of polluting threads with back-sided statements.

Anyway I'm done

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 13 Sep 2010, 19:42

klc123 wrote:I'm not meaning to get involved, but just because Brown is ignorant about football doesn't mean all Americans are Panch. You made your point anyway and it's correct so you might as well just let it go.
Yes you are quite right. I will do that now. Thanks for the advise. Now that the question is answered the best thing to do is to leave the thread to avoid misdemeanors.

What a blooper that was though. :lol: poor keeper..