Still having mentality trouble

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
collin
Veteran Member

Still having mentality trouble

Post by collin » 09 Sep 2010, 02:24

well guys i have read all the posts on her about confidence and all that other stuff and its just not working for me. I just dont understand, why am i training for something that i cant even do in a game? dont get me wrong i love to train but at the moment i am just mad at myself. Im mad that i cant live up to my skills and im mad that i guarantee you every kid on that field hasn't worked as hard as me to get where they are. and who plays better? them. Some of you have seen my youtube video and I wish i could have that control and confidence to do that in a game. I really just need some advice on what i can do to get out of this, i get mad at myself every game because i just know that i can play sooooo much better. Even when my team wins i am still mad because i know that i should have gotten that goal or that assist you know. This is my year to do damage i didn't train everyday for this bull$hit

Someone please reply, Thank you

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup » 09 Sep 2010, 03:30

Push through this "hump" and I guarantee that you'll come out on top in the end.

Talent only helps in the beginning of football. Those who work the hardest and most effectively will be the better player in the end.

As far as confidence on the field, that comes with maturity and experience. Try talking and communicating a lot on the field. This helps you maintain a connection with your team, reminding you that you're not alone on the field. Communication can also help with confidence.

P.S. Nice dribbling video! I'd like to see you do a set of Wall Drills like the ones on this page:
http://www.expertfootball.com/gossip/answer.php?qid=535

That would give us a good indicator of your technical skill :wink:
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 09 Sep 2010, 14:11

try to concentrate on getting a result instead of your own personal performance. if you're too worried about how many times you've lost it, or how many bad touches you had than i can guarantee that you won't play good. instead, always have the 3 pts in your head and do as much as you can to help your team get them. if you lose the ball, don't think "fu** not again," just run back and try to get it back so they don't score.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 09 Sep 2010, 20:34

thanks guys and scott you are right, my last game we won everyone was happy besides for me. Dont get me wrong i like to win but i was more worried about my performance then the teams.