Problem with highschool soccer

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
collin
Veteran Member

Problem with highschool soccer

Post by collin » 03 Sep 2010, 13:25

Im in my highschool season currently and alot of our starters are not good at all. Now the problem with this is i play good when i play with good people, it brings out the best in me. But my team is not on the same page and there is only a few good players. Everytime i get the ball i make a nice 1 or 2 touch play but then the rest of the team messes it up, it really sucks because i cant bring out my true potential because i dont have anyone to setup good plays with, especially my center mids who are not that good and they cant even get me the ball out wide so i cant use my dribbling skills. This is also a bad thing since that is one of my strong points. I really feel like this is my year to do damage, ive trained hard and when my team messes my give and go's or 1 touch plays up i feel like it doesn't make me look any better than them. Do you guy's have any advice or anything i could tell my team so we can get on the same page? How do you play great if your team isn't great?

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 03 Sep 2010, 19:31

people who rely on a team to be good typically aren't all that good. During high school we had maybe 4 or 5 of us who were good and the rest who were average it just means you have to do more work and make things simple for your teammates. "the best players are those who make their teammates play better"