Swearing during Games?

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
acmilan94

Swearing during Games?

Post by acmilan94 » 22 Aug 2010, 20:47

I don't know if any of you have a problem that's like this, but sometimes when I'm playing in a game, and I mess up, I just have to scream out "fu**!", and I really don't think that's a good habit, as it brings a bad atmosphere to my team and stuff.
I've tried fixing it, but it's kinda hard because it's a habit.
So my question is, what are your suggestions to fix this habit, and also, what do you do to relieve stress from a mess up during a game?
--
"There's someone out there practicing right now, and if you face him, he will win."

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 22 Aug 2010, 22:29

Meh, I do it all the time, so do all my team-mates, I don't see the point in trying to curb it in any way, they're just words.

To relieve stress after I mess up, I just try to calm myself, and re-double my efforts for the next time I get the ball.

Pichichi

Post by Pichichi » 22 Aug 2010, 23:18

I kind of mutter under my breath if I fu** up. I mean my parents are more than likely on the sidelines lol. Keep the negative thoughts to yourself, or better yet just move on. Whenever you talk it has to be positive, for your own sake and the team. I remember a couple years back my team had 10 men 2-1 down and almost the entire second half we were yelling negatively at each other the entire half. We lost 4-1 and never really found a rhythm. If we were positive, lit a fire under our asses we more than likely would've worked together and pulled it off because we were better.

Another example is my brother, he was on a team that was negative, little communication, yelling at each other, not together, and had little chemistry. He switched to a team of less skill, but unbelievable teamwork and cohesion and honestly as a unit that team would probably run away with the game if they found themselves a goal up or even a goal down because the belief and chemistry was there to make it happen.

Personally it is stressful if you fu** up or see a teammate make a mistake. If you can be vocal and positive that will help on the field. If you can't make an impact that game and are still hot headed after words on the ride/walk home play everything over in your head and when you get home train you ass off. Correct your mistakes, make yourself mentally stronger and physically fitter.

DR17

Post by DR17 » 23 Aug 2010, 17:31

Pichichi wrote:I kind of mutter under my breath if I fu** up. I mean my parents are more than likely on the sidelines lol. Keep the negative thoughts to yourself, or better yet just move on. Whenever you talk it has to be positive, for your own sake and the team. I remember a couple years back my team had 10 men 2-1 down and almost the entire second half we were yelling negatively at each other the entire half. We lost 4-1 and never really found a rhythm. If we were positive, lit a fire under our asses we more than likely would've worked together and pulled it off because we were better.

Another example is my brother, he was on a team that was negative, little communication, yelling at each other, not together, and had little chemistry. He switched to a team of less skill, but unbelievable teamwork and cohesion and honestly as a unit that team would probably run away with the game if they found themselves a goal up or even a goal down because the belief and chemistry was there to make it happen.

Personally it is stressful if you fu** up or see a teammate make a mistake. If you can be vocal and positive that will help on the field. If you can't make an impact that game and are still hot headed after words on the ride/walk home play everything over in your head and when you get home train you ass off. Correct your mistakes, make yourself mentally stronger and physically fitter.
I do the same as you :lol:
But yeah, i think when people swear it's because they are in the game. And show a certain passion. Maybe not all of them, but when i swear i usually care.