unbelivabke skill, does not know how to use it?

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
delone

unbelivabke skill, does not know how to use it?

Post by delone » 13 Jun 2010, 08:34

Hey every1 umm im 17

ok so my coach after my game says

"Your a very good skillfull player, but you have to learn to use your skills."

i was completely speechless cos my coach so str8 forward with us, if your sh*t he'ill tell you your shitt and if your good he wont tell u ur good.

so can som1 explain wat my coach means? i play left/right wing.

i practice everyday on my skills control, dribbling shooting and all the basics and i actually am agreein i can do way better but what am i to do to improve my game and all??

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 13 Jun 2010, 16:53

i have the same problem to man, what he means is that your not useing your skills in the game probably because your nervous or you are scared to lose the ball. but the best way to start useing your moves in games is use your moves during practice, pick-up games and stuff, then you will have the confidence to use them in a game

Pichichi

Post by Pichichi » 13 Jun 2010, 17:38

You have skill but you're not dangerous. Imagine if Messi never scored a goal. Skillful, but not dangerous. You have to make more of an impact, make the killer pass or shot and you will have used your skill. Players can do step overs, moves or whatever you want, but they have no point unless you make a difference in the game. Keep practicing on your skills/control, but you need to expand your game. If you need more speed to beat defenders, get it. If you need more power to make the killer pass or shot, get it. My brother and I are both very skillful, but he's slower than me, has less power, and has worse passing vision. That's why I'm better, bar that I'm older lol

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 13 Jun 2010, 18:46

Pichichi hit the nail.

What you coach basically said was that you have talent, skills and capabilities you just don't make an impact in the game. You need to participate more, to take the steering wheel of the game at times, to propose, to beat men and set other up or score yourself. You have the skill level to change the game for the better, but your not using your full capabilities, and your probably invisible at times. Look at it like pichichi said, imagine if Messi had his skill level, but never participated, and everytime he had it, he would pass it backwards inocenty and harmlessly? Imagine if Xavi wouldn't run Barcelona and would just receive it every now and then and maybe give a decent pass here or there but thats it. You have to realize that you are good enough, to change the game, better than anyone else, and that you not doing it is basically affecting your team negatively, and maybe a person with less skills than you, but more participation would even be better for your team.

Always try to do something positive with the ball, always want it, always become available for your teammates, always make runs, always change the game positively. Also, this "invisibility" sindrome can come from lots of individual practice, but not enough playing or team practice. You develop the skill level to do lots of great things, but you forget the team aspects of the game, like becoming opening, when to receive the ball, when to do what basically. The best way to cure this and get much better at it is playing kickabouts, scrimmages, pickup matches, and ofcourse teampractices. Force yourself to participate more.

Have you seen Messi? He always wants the ball, Kun Aguero is anotherone like this, they always want the ball, they could even be ball hogs at times but they do positive things with it always, so they get no criticism about it. They've realized that they are the best in the team, they realized they know how to break defenses, and they really just play football, they really want to win, so they make things happen.

Also, ask the coach what he meant by "you don't know how to use your skill". He probably could give you specific examples of moments in which you would need to step up and didn't .
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

delone

Post by delone » 14 Jun 2010, 13:29

ye after he did say something about not taking on enough players, and afriad of loosing the ball and such and playing it safe to much.

from now on when i get the ball im gna think positive i want to be dangerous i want to set up or shoot or pass or take on a player