Trouble with wo coaches

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
bartbrader
New User

Trouble with wo coaches

Post by bartbrader » 01 Mar 2010, 09:57

alright so here's the thing. I play now for my school team as a striker. I'm the big target man.. you know. Now we have two coaches and twice now given me a lot of mixed messages. For example when we lose the ball one of them wants me to drop back to help the midfield because he says i'm a hard worker and the other says to stay all the way up front so that we have an out let. I really want to do well as this is my last year but it's getting to the point where I really can't please both. They don't seem to realize that they are doing this.
any suggestions?
this is the best game

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 01 Mar 2010, 16:37

Well, to clear up the issue: Most of the time you'll want to stay more towards the last defenders and not worry so much about defending. Now, I say most of the time because depending on the situation you may need to drop back a little depending on runs your teammates may have done. It's such a situation specific question though. Generally though stay forward though.

Anyways, just tell the coaches what's going on. Have them resolve the issue between the two of them.

On the note, if you're a "hard worker" like the one coach says perhaps you could drop back to center mid. Would you be against this?
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 01 Mar 2010, 19:58

Moved to coaching
i was made to ignite

bartbrader
New User

no I would not

Post by bartbrader » 03 Mar 2010, 02:19

I have told them I would play anywhere and I guess they see me as a forward so i'll work on that. And I know in certain situations I have to get back compared to my team mates it's just that 1 coach wants me up front so that we have an outlet and the other wants me to drop back so that we have 5 in midfield. I'll try to talk to them
this is the best game

nikitamart
New User

Re: Trouble with wo coaches

Post by nikitamart » 21 Dec 2013, 08:49

I would very much like to hear more from you on this subject. You must know by now your article goes to the nitty-gritty of the subject.