Sore Losers

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 27 Jan 2010, 14:32

SoccerFitnessTrainer wrote:I think it's good if you're a sore loser. No one like to lose, if you don't get frustrated than I safely tell you that you can't go far in football. Almost all good players got temper. Look at C.Ronaldo, Rooney.
True, frustration is normal and beneficial for development, but channeling frustration into anger is neither good nor what all good players do. Keep your cool, give some respect to your opponent (if they are deserved of it, depending on how the match went, otherwise just keep your mouth shut), and save that frustration for the practice field and your next opponent.

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 27 Jan 2010, 15:01

@Nat_H... What about Roy Keane? Surely I can think of (or find) plenty more, but that's an awful generalization. There is no one personality of a professional athlete.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 27 Jan 2010, 15:43

I don't think I generalized, did I? I said not all good players get angry. I said that specifically to balance out SoccerFitnessTrainer's statement:
Almost all good players got temper.
I agree there is no one personality of a professional athlete. Some get angry, some don't. I was trying to convey that a bad-boy attitude is inefficient and counterproductive to your development, in general. If you disagree, or you actually find being angry helpful for yourself (which it may be in some cases), then disregard my advice.

I did mean to give general advice, in that in both applied to me, and I hoped it would be effective for others, but I never did generalize other players' attitudes.

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 27 Jan 2010, 15:46

Ahh, I see, I read what you had typed wrong. Sorry about that!
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 27 Jan 2010, 16:30

'sall good :)

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 27 Jan 2010, 18:38

I wouldn't make myself angry if i was you.

Yes its true that your body is most powerful when it is scared like in life threatening situations, and the next powerful stage is when you are angry and really pissed off, but your brain doesn't work as well when your angry so you will make stupid mistakes out of frustration as you'll rush yourself automatically.

I personally motivate myself by telling myself that i really am the best player on the pitch and that i just have to try and i will play as the best player on the pitch, from there i just focus on the game and enjoy myself while still concentrating.

Sounds arrogant but it works really well for me.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 27 Jan 2010, 19:53

No i dont think it does sound arrogant, if it works for you why not, thinking positive has so many benefits, im learning about self hypnosis at the moment.
i was made to ignite

DR17

Post by DR17 » 27 Jan 2010, 22:03

Well during the game it happens when i finally get the time, like if there is only 15 minutes left. But usually its only after the game

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 29 Jan 2010, 00:16

mint wrote:No i dont think it does sound arrogant, if it works for you why not, thinking positive has so many benefits, im learning about self hypnosis at the moment.
I learnt about it, I made my own tapes, my own induction, deepening, suggestions and the final phase which I forget the name..

I really would get into a huge ass trance, like i was dumb, I would drool and all, but I dont know if the suggestions did any effect...

Its an interesting phenomena..

but now I like to change my beliefs and ideas confronting them with reality, its better for me.. the old fashion way :)

And about sore loser, I think its a great thing to have.. Being a sore loser is synonim to having a huge desire to win..Lebron James is a sore loser, Cr9 is a sore loser etc.... It makes you wanna die in that field, and at the end of the day, thats when you play at your peak, when your out your comfort zone, when nothing else matters but that ball..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

BayernFan
New User

Post by BayernFan » 29 Jan 2010, 23:25

i think its a good thing to be a sore loser it shows you care.. my whole team is bunch of a sore losers :D but one of the problems if we lose instead of looking at what they or we as a team could have done better they first go and yell at others on the team that made some mistakes.. it gets really annoying sometimes because it makes everyone feel bad...