Unleashing/Untapping Potential

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
DC
New User

How do I get the most out of myself when playing football? I know I can be so much better, but I sometimes find it hard to push it out of me...I feel I have soooooooo much potential. How can I tap into it?

Im thinking of seeing a sports psychologist...what do you guys think?

scottS4
Veteran Member

If you know you have all of this potential, isn't that alone enough to motivate you to achieve it?

shahensha
Veteran Member

*applauds* words of wisdom

sir_alex_vu

DC wrote:How do I get the most out of myself when playing football? I know I can be so much better, but I sometimes find it hard to push it out of me...I feel I have soooooooo much potential. How can I tap into it?

The first thing I recommend would be to listen to:

"Push It" by Salt-n-Pepa :lol:

Also, what scottS4 said is very true. You obviously already have the confidence because you already know you can play better than you do. Nobody can really help you here, it has to come from within you. Nothing that we say will magically "push" your potential out of you. You must do that on your own.

panchester07
Veteran Member

sir_alex_vu wrote:
DC wrote:How do I get the most out of myself when playing football? I know I can be so much better, but I sometimes find it hard to push it out of me...I feel I have soooooooo much potential. How can I tap into it?

The first thing I recommend would be to listen to:

"Push It" by Salt-n-Pepa :lol:

Also, what scottS4 said is very true. You obviously already have the confidence because you already know you can play better than you do. Nobody can really help you here, it has to come from within you. Nothing that we say will magically "push" your potential out of you. You must do that on your own.
you laugh at some real dumb sh*t.... jusst playing.. i love you..

hey, DC, you see its not only you, its all of us, we all have amazing potential way beyong what we dream of, any of us can be the next altidore, or robinho or whatever. The thing is, theres so much bulls**t in the world, in this site too, many people are saying that you have to be genitically superior and what not to be a pro. No, dont listen to that, thats not true, i have seen people in wheelchairs pickup hot ass women, i have seen everything, in this world there are no limits. Our limits are self imposed, i dont do this to help you, or anyone here, im saying all this stuff to get it into my own head once and for all, i get tired of seeing people succeding, and when i talk to them i find out they were just like me or you or maybe with less talent. Theres no magic, theres no secret routine, the trick is called hard work. If you are willing to work hours everyday, then you will get as far as you want.

I have the same problem you do, just not on the football field, i have it when talking to girls. I really feel that other kids dont know as much as i do, but they still get more than i do. This made me insecure. The way to "untap, and unleash" that potential is this: Think possitive, in a subconscious state, so in your normal thoughts, just imagine yourself performing greatly, visualize as much detail and color as you can, visualize it from your point of view, then from the people watching the game point of view, then from the refs point of view, then from your moms point of view, then from your rivals point of view, visualize start thinking, thinking possitive, your subconsciuos will do the rest, this is amazing how it works it sounds like some peter pan bulls**t:"just have a good thought and some pixie dust" no, its not bulls**t, its true, have you ever been nervous and worried and doubted in yourself to later find yourself performingg sh*tty.. what are nervousness and doubt? negative thoughts, so you play how you think, either way, if your nervous and doubting, you play like crap, if your positive, you play like a G.

Practicing makes you better, and builds up your confidence, the mind is silly " It doesnt believe till it sees" so make it believe by showing it that you can do things, if you feel like you cant dribble, then do some cones, you will get better, and your mind will start believing that you can dribble, next thing you know in the game you drible 2 or 3 , and it feels like its almost automatic pilot.

Repitition helps a sh**load, cause its muscle memory, so do your drills a lot of times, you will be playing at a state where you dont have to think, you just act, your mind will automatically now what to do,when and where.

And never forget, you where designed to succed, you just need to plan how your gonna do it. And dont let any negative sh*t get in your head, it will only make your results more negative :)

good lucks!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'