How to be motivated to train?

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
sir_alex_vu

So, if some of you guys know, I have a training routine that I was planning to start some time ago.

Well, I'll let you guys know that I still haven't even started.

I don't know what it is. It was supposed to start on a Sunday, and I even set an alarm to wake up at 6 AM. But, as soon as I wake up, I am so tired that I just shut the alarm clock and then I lose all of the motivation to even begin my training routine.

The clock is ticking on the tryout dates and I can't even push myself to train and get out there. I don't know what it is.

Can you guys help me?

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

No one can make you want it....It has to come from within
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

I fully know where you're coming from on this, it's happened to me a few times. What you've gotta do is think about what you gain from doing the training as opposed to not. Yeah, by hitting your alarm clock you don't have to get up at 6, and so have another few hours sleep, but you're missing out on crucial training time where you could be getting faster, fitter, stronger. Just think of the benefits you'll get from training- you'll be in a really good position to do well in your tryouts! :D

Maybe try get earlier nights so that getting up at 6 isn't quite so hideous? Get a friend to train with you- that could help a bit with motivation. But as MUFC 1994 said, the motivation has gotta come from within. There are a fair few topics on the site about motivation, maybe have a look at them and see if they get you in the right frame of mind to get started on your training routine:

Inspirational Quotes/Songs
http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=13576

A story that might fit in well with your situation- 'Let's Slack Off, No One Is Watching"
http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... php?t=7957

A really inspiring link from klc
http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=15869

Have a sift through those and see how you go :D

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Also, read my sig by NBP.....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

klc123
Veteran Member

Do you want to make it as a footballer or do you not.

If you do, then you will find a way to get up at half 5 in the morning and go jogging. You will find a way to make that extra practise and miss the party everyones talking about. You will find a way to spend an extra hour at the gym.

Because if you can't get out of bed for training, if you feel not "fit" enough to play, or are "too busy for football", then you don't want it.[/quote]

panchester07
Veteran Member

exactly klc, do you wanna be in the team, or do you want to be the one watching the game and saying hey i could do that too, and feel like crap untill the next try out..

really, its all relative, if you like watching games from the stand then thats fine, no one will criticize you..

but if you wanna be that guy thats on the field, in the team, playing the most beautiful game ever then you would be up snow, thunder, hazle whatever it is you will be out training..

Do you want it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA

dont set up your alarm clock for 6 am, find a time when your more prepared to train, do it in the afternoon. Take your ipod, an hour feels like a minute when i take mine...

I have tried it a few times to work out early in the morning and i havent had succes, i might have woke up the first 2 days, but day three i just grab my alarm and through it on the floor to shut it up....

Watch videos before your training, drink a little cofee to get you energetic, take your ipod, do all this and you will have worked 3 hours and youll wanna keep on going..

Create a good playlist, with all those songs that get you pumped, while yor training sing along the songs if you must.

If you feel like quiting imagine yourself in your team scoring a goal, that will keep you motivated..

All that is, only if you want to, i bet you can enjoy a nice pop corn from the stands too if that is your style

klc123
Veteran Member

I get up in the morning and do exercise during the holidays, not when i have school, but i drink coffee quite alot aswel, caffeine has many useful bonuses that i benefit from... considering making a topic on it.