Wrong decision ?

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
ronaldoR7

Wrong decision ?

Post by ronaldoR7 »

Well today i was playing a game of soccer at skool
i had the ball but all my players were marked and not one of them were bothered to make a run or maybe they couldnt so ye they were marked so i had to dribble and i dribbled 2 guys and i looked up to see if anyone was open but still they were still marked standing still and then eventually my mind when blank and a 3 rd guy came up and slide tackled me and got the ball ? Did i do the right thing ?

Work Hard , And You Can Over Come Anything . Don't Work Hard, And You Won't Achieve Anything .
Credit to Messi19
neoExodus

Post by neoExodus »

well you should always aim for the empty player, i like to think that in this game, its the ball that runs not you, so you should always pass forward to gain space and increase your goal chances.
Since your teammates were all marked, you had to speak to them and warn that you couldn't pass, if you couldn't just pass back to give them time to reorganize or mess their marking system. Just like Barcelona does and its used in futsal, change positions, use 2-1s to mess up marking and constantly pass, at least 1 will get pissed and try to steal it.
ronaldoR7

Post by ronaldoR7 »

thanx for the advice but in the situation everyone was like totaly marked lol
so i coudlnt do anything and the defence is like marked since wen i paly soccer at skool thers like 26 or 27 people so yerh i would of lost the ball on the spot might as well gain some distance and hope that someone could get set free of their marker , what do you think ?

Work Hard , And You Can Over Come Anything . Don't Work Hard, And You Won't Achieve Anything .
Credit to Messi19
fawad000

Post by fawad000 »

I think you should go for the goal if you consider yourself as a good long range shooter(since you already dribbled two players,i am assuming you were in the opponents area) otherwise there is always an option of "back pass" and yh my answer to your question is "
you did not do the right thing".Giving the ball cheaply may result in a counter attack.
P.s Always think/look about your options before getting the ball so that you know what are you gonna do with the ball when it comes yo you.
Last edited by fawad000 on 20 Nov 2008, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint »

fawad000 wrote:Always think/look about your options before getting the ball so that you know what are you gonna do with the ball when it comes yo you.
your spot on there fawad000, thats the hallmark of a good player. a good player knows what hes doing even before he gets the ball, if you can do that it will help you become a better player. you need to work off the ball e.g when the other team is in possesion, you need to open up space for yourself and always try to lose your marker if you can and always help your other teammates out.
i was made to ignite
ronaldoR7

Post by ronaldoR7 »

wow thanks for the good advice guys .
and fawad how can i train my off-ball skills ?

Credit to Messi19
mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint »

i know you asked fawad but i thought id answer lol.

easiest way to get better off ball control skills is just to play matches that way your having in game experience at thje same time but dont just stand there, try making different runs etc dont stop moving and when you shout for a pass or receive the ball just keep your head up and look around the field looking for available passing options.

another way to improve i think is by watching high level matches such as international etc and watch players who play a similar position as you and look what they do not just when there in possesion but when they are off the ball, eg look at their positioning on the pitch and there movement as in forward runs etc.

if you want to play a high level of fotball which everyone does probably, you need very good technical ball skills and very good fitness levels, but you also need to know what to do off the ball as in man marking, opening up space when you havent got the ball and most importantly knowing what to do with the ball before you get if that makes sense lol. if you look at any high level player they receive a ball and pass it or shoot within a few seconds, they do this so well because obviously they are very good but theyve developed an almost sixth sense as in looking before you get the ball and deciding what to do straight away.

on a football pitch you cant afford to spend too long just stood there with the ball, you need to make a decision as soon as you get the ball, always be looking around whether you have the ball or not. if you do this it will help you a lot.

im not saying rush yourself because if you rush and panic you will most likely make a mistake, just keep looking round and when you receive the ball just have a quick look up then decide what to do.

hope you find this helpfull
i was made to ignite
fawad000

Post by fawad000 »

Sorry i did not realize Mint has already posted,just see mint's post
mine is a crap :oops:
I am here for your service man!
Just think what could you do with ball when it comes to you e.g if you are standing in the opponents box,just think what could you do with the ball if it approaches you,do you want to shoot it or pass it to a team-mate?shoot it hard or bend it?things like that and one thing modern football does not give you much time to think so be always prepared and keep your options open in case you run out of ideas.
P.s It will automatically become your strength once you get used to it or you can take thinking skills as an a-level subject.Jk
Last edited by fawad000 on 20 Nov 2008, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 »

In football especially against a good defense your rarely gonna have players on your team just standing around open. You have to learn how to pass into space, not to you r teammate, but tho where your team mate is gonna be or can get the ball and control it before the defender. A few things can help with this, firstly work on your passing, if you can "thread a needle" compared to kicking it into a general area with the hope of your team mate getting you'll be a lot better off. Also building chemistry with your team will work wonders, when you see Ronaldinho doing all his no look passes it's not only his ability to kick a ball without looking (wow :roll: ) but the fact that his team mate knows where he's gonna kick it and he knows where to kick it. Also watching lots of soccer will help a lot, you'll start to see the runs and passes players make and without really even noticing it your knowledge of what to do in a game situation will grow.
ronaldoR7

Post by ronaldoR7 »

thanks guys i think i get the picture now.
and thanksmint for taking your time to write that long post appreciate it mate 8)
mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint »

ronaldoR7 wrote:thanks guys i think i get the picture now.
and thanksmint for taking your time to write that long post appreciate it mate 8)
its no problem m8 it didn't take that long to write once i started anyway. :P
i was made to ignite