Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Apr 2011, 08:03

to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 10 Apr 2011, 09:34

i'm not sure if i saw this here but heres a quick story.

A man was looking to become more successful in life and he had heard that there was a guru on success who lived up on a hill by the ocean. The man traveled to meet him and when he got there he asked the guru if he could teach him how to be successful. The guru told the man that he should meet him at the ocean at 5am and he would teach him the secret to success. The man reluctantly accepted.

The guru then walked into the water and told the man to join him. They then walked far enough in where the water came up to their chests. The man irritated by now asked the guru what this had to do with success. The guru then plunged the mans head underwater and held him there. The man struggled and fought and attempted to get himself back above water. When he finally got himself back up he asked the guru why he would do that. The guru then answered " remember how you felt when you were underwater, all you could think about was getting air and it was all that mattered at the time, that is the secret to success when you want something so badly that it's all you think about and work towards you will achieve it and be successful".

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 10 Apr 2011, 16:24

My Sig.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Apr 2011, 19:14

Yeah nick you got that from here, i posted those videos a few months ago, just in case i'll post them again..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fsm-QbN ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftN1xPXF ... re=channel

klc, yours is cool, its similar to that one that goes

"one day your life is gonna flash before your eyes, make sure its worth watching"

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 12 Apr 2011, 03:10

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 Apr 2011, 13:26

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 16 Jun 2011, 23:20

This was the commercial from this argentine channel for the world cup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CT5mMt1ojg

And this one is for the Copa America 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPcfR7xOqHE

Basically a comedian making fun of how arrogant and big headed argentinians are (sh*tty ass jokes though) and then the footballers scoring and celebrating in glorious moments proving the comediant totally wrong-

Both of them blowed my mind to another galaxy, they are SO freaking inspirational- -

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 17 Jun 2011, 12:01

I need to learn spanish man... Anyone here tried rocketspanish before?

Panch could you translate the argentinian world cup one? I can't find an english subtitles one.

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 17 Jun 2011, 14:41

klc123 wrote:I need to learn spanish man... Anyone here tried rocketspanish before?

Panch could you translate the argentinian world cup one? I can't find an english subtitles one.
the argentines at the beginning are talking about how great europe is and how clean other countries are etc.. but then it shows the european countries talking about how great argentina is when it comes to soccer. ("they don't play with their feet, they play with their hearts") and stuff like that.

arsenal1

Post by arsenal1 » 10 Jul 2011, 00:31

"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don't even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery--isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you'll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is."
Charles Bukowski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1m2jsQZXHw

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 23 Jul 2011, 04:35

People don't play sports because its fun. Ask any athlete, most of them hate it, but they couldn't imagine their life with out it. Its part of them, the love/hate relationship. Its what they live for. They live for the practices, parties, cheers, long bus rides, invitationals, countless pairs of different types of shoes, water, Gatorade, & coaches you hate but appreciate. They live for the way it feels when they beat the other team, and knowing those two extra sprints they ran in practice were worth it. They live for the way they become a family with their team, they live for the countless songs they sing in their head while training all those hours. They live for the competition, they live for the friends, the practices, the memories, the pain, its who they are. It's who we are.
Everything you need, is already inside.

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 23 Jul 2011, 05:10

desire10 wrote:People don't play sports because its fun. Ask any athlete, most of them hate it, but they couldn't imagine their life with out it. Its part of them, the love/hate relationship. Its what they live for. They live for the practices, parties, cheers, long bus rides, invitationals, countless pairs of different types of shoes, water, Gatorade, & coaches you hate but appreciate. They live for the way it feels when they beat the other team, and knowing those two extra sprints they ran in practice were worth it. They live for the way they become a family with their team, they live for the countless songs they sing in their head while training all those hours. They live for the competition, they live for the friends, the practices, the memories, the pain, its who they are. It's who we are.
I didn't realize this was true until I read it. (Except of course for the part where you say we hate it.) Soccer has caused me pain, frustration, anger, etc.. but I couldn't imagine life without it. Sometimes it occurs to me that 80% of my evenings are spent on a field with my team. Some of those evenings I ask myself why I'm going. What force is pulling me to a place where I'll be made to work hard? Where I'll be kicked and potentially injured? Why do I put myself through things that most people consider unpleasant? Thats how powerful this sport is.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 11 Aug 2011, 00:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRShWun7Mc4

BOOOOOOM

Mind fuckeddddd!!!! Too much truth for my head to grasp in such short time... I gotta check that movie out .. "the peaceful warrior" I hear its filled with that type of lessons all through out the movie.....

Its not about becoming pro, scoring in the final, winning the title... Its about the freaking journey, sweating everyday, thinking about it all the time, doing the drills, running in the gym, practicing with your team, thats the beautiful part that makes you happy.. So does the glory ... But since you start your journey you're a happy guy, and you're filled with a positive optimistic energy...

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 11 Aug 2011, 10:17

desire10 wrote:People don't play sports because its fun. Ask any athlete, most of them hate it, but they couldn't imagine their life with out it. Its part of them, the love/hate relationship. Its what they live for. They live for the practices, parties, cheers, long bus rides, invitationals, countless pairs of different types of shoes, water, Gatorade, & coaches you hate but appreciate. They live for the way it feels when they beat the other team, and knowing those two extra sprints they ran in practice were worth it. They live for the way they become a family with their team, they live for the countless songs they sing in their head while training all those hours. They live for the competition, they live for the friends, the practices, the memories, the pain, its who they are. It's who we are.
Bit of an exaggerated statement, sport is fun for professionals... On a professional level. It may frustrate them at times, but it has to have some enjoyment factor on a competitive level, the same goes for all vocations

If you know an athlete living for something other than love for their sport: they're doing it wrong.