kick medic

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
ledzepfan15
Sophomore Member

for someone(im reffering to me) who doesnt have the luxury of a big wall or another player to practice with, would this kick medic be of any use.

no wall, no player.

it is worth it? only $30

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

For anyone who doesn't know what a kick medic is: http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage. ... _Id=275150

Idk about the kick medic i hear it is pretty good but before i got my rebounder i used a Star kick which is pretty nice too.
EDIT 1: sry the link was messed up
Star Kick: http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage. ... t_Id=30198
Last edited by chicagofirefan on 30 Jun 2008, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.
Bulgaria is our faith, Levski is our Freedom

ledzepfan15
Sophomore Member

what kind of rebounder did u get (specifics like height length) and how long was the cord to the star kick, can it be lenthgened more than 30 ft?

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

ledzepfan15 wrote:what kind of rebounder did u get (specifics like height length) and how long was the cord to the star kick, can it be lenthgened more than 30 ft?
My rebounder is 7'x15' here is the link http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage. ... showcase=t
About the star kick idk how far it can go sry
Bulgaria is our faith, Levski is our Freedom

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

I have the Kick Medic, I got it for Christmas and haven't used it since. The cord gets in the way of your kicking motion and it's impossible to get a natural shot off with it. Plus, after you kick is, you have to reel the cord in, so it's a complete rip off really.

I'd advise getting a rebounder if not an actual goal. I have a homeade 8x24 goal that I made from PVC pipe, the pipe cost about $150, the net was about $40(but you can get a cheaper one) and my dad & I made it in a few hours :D .

I also got the Star Kick for Christmas :? (I made my mom take it back haha). It seems like it doesn't do sh*t for you. Kick a ball at a wall instead of getting one of those, it'll bo you more good in the long run and it's way more natural.

So in conclusion, both of those are rip offs. Get a rebounder or a goal of some sort intead of wating your money on one of those.

ledzepfan15
Sophomore Member

hey thanks, i appreciate it. is there a site of which you looked on to find out how to make a goal, or did u just google it?

well wat im asking is did u and ur dad have instructions from a legitimate site or u both had the knowledge?

i might as well make one or find a wall but thanks for the opinions.

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

My dad is an architect, so he basically drew up the plan himself.
There is a guide on SoccerPulse on how to make a smaller one and you could use it and expand on it,
I'll try to dig it up for you.

ledzepfan15
Sophomore Member

i was searching for some rebounders/goals. and i came across this: soccer racket. !@%$ cost $2000. im not gettin it but wanted to let you know that something like this exists. its a huge adjustable rebounder.

anyway. im looking to get a kicking rebounder and a small adjustable one.
for the s kickback select rebounder, how sturdy it is? like can i blast a shot9 i mean like a rocket) and will it waver or bend or anything? for

if theres a good rebounder out there, let me know. like the kickback, i want one more tight so its an imediate rebound, not like th e kick back where it hits the net and bounced back.

and also about this thing called a soccer hop. it looks decent but they only sell the plans. im looking in to that.

overrall i want a kicking rebounder which is tight and has an immediate rebound not a bounce back, almost like a wall. and a small ground rebounder for passing and stuff.

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

My friend has a rebounder in his backyard like what you're wanting, I just don't know what it's called. I think it's made by Kwik Goal, but I'll try to look into it for you.

ledzepfan15
Sophomore Member

thanks i appreciate it.

FCBarca364
Sophomore Member

I own a StarKick and I gotta say its good. The ball comes back naturally and its extremely helping with reaction time. THis will greatly improve your timing. Good Luck! :)

scottS4
Veteran Member

a cheap alternative to a rebounder that i used once was to tilt a mini trampoline up and use that. i got the tramp for $3 at a garage sale and my dad helped set it up so it was tilted.