What do you need to be a playmaker

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
frizzyan
Veteran Member

i am buffled MODERATORS and EXPERTS can playmakers exist without defensive mildfielders. i dont think zidane would have had chance to express himself in juventus without Edgar David and in Real Madrid without Makelele or now Gravesen
First, there's only one expert and secondly, I don't understand your point.

Defensive mids are not playmakers, they are defensive mids. nobody ever said they were unimportant. A playmaker is a player that creats a play, and this would mean the player is of an attacking nature. Gerrard is of an attacking nature too so he's a playmaker when he creates chances for his temmates to score.

Who ever said that defensive mids are unimportant. But the fact is, players like Makelele simply win posession or maintain it and distribute the ball. This isn't exactly a player, but they are distributing it to a player who can potentially create a chance for another person or himself to score a goal.

p.s I like makelele I think he's super good and underrated. I don't enjoy watcing him though cause I'm an attacking player, so I don't prefer to watch defensive players.

Magicfeet

I believe he means that you cannot have playmakers, without holding midfielders to win the ball for them. Zidane needs his Makalele (now Gravesen), Kaka needs Gattuso etc.

Without a tough tackling player getting the ball and giving them possession, a playmaker couldn't do his job.

thegame
New User

i mean exactly what magicfeet said is that the existence of any playmakers depends on the defensive mild period.

HJK

Magicfeet wrote:I believe he means that you cannot have playmakers, without holding midfielders to win the ball for them. Zidane needs his Makalele (now Gravesen), Kaka needs Gattuso etc.

Without a tough tackling player getting the ball and giving them possession, a playmaker couldn't do his job.
Pirlo and kaka need gattuso :wink: