Carrying the ball against rules (without arms of course)

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
frizzyan
Veteran Member

What if a person carries the ball without using their hands. For example, balancing the ball on the head and running with it (altho this is a tufft trick to perform). Or how about hopping with the ball in between the legs, or placing the ball in your crotch, then bending over and walk with it.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Foul - because no chance for the opponent to tackle for the ball, except the "balance on the head" part.

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

there are several other questions like this one in this section, take a look
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

frizzyan
Veteran Member

lol or you know what, I'll just go read the FIFA rules.

Last night when I was dreaming, I dreamt of 13 different moves. My guess is that only 5 of them will be allowed in the game.

D347H574R

there aren't actually any rules about it but most refs will pull you up for ths kind of thing, maybe just an indirect is wat i'd give. There was an incident a couple months ago when a guy was balancing a ball on his head and running and the defender kicked him fair in the chest and got a red card.
“This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.”
“If a player isn't interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage, then he should be!”
Bill Shankly

fir_nev

Because he was going in for the chest which is an intention to injure the player.

If he head-butts, the ref will have to consult his linesman because what other ways can we disposses a guy balancing the ball on his head?

D347H574R

the sensible thing to do would be to stand in front of the player, and if he runs into you it will be ur free for a charge.
“If a player isn't interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage, then he should be!”
Bill Shankly

fir_nev

Can be called obstruction for some ref.

But since the balancing guy is looking up, well, I guess U're right.

D347H574R

it isn't obstruction, the guy ran straight into you.
Bill Shankly

fir_nev

But sometimes, the freekick can go against U... Honest!

D347H574R

it wouldn't in a major league.
Bill Shankly

fir_nev

Welp, let's hope we won't see that every game. LOL.

Dube2010
Sophomore Member

legal...the head stall happens in games and the crotch carry could be challanged easily...
Being the best...
How Hard Can It Be?

WhaZ

When I was younger in our town there was ex-Finnish national team player visiting and showing his skills. He showed a nice trick from a throw-in. He lifted up his shirt and when the ball came he trapped the ball between his stomach and the shirt, no hands used.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Hey I checked FIFA rules.

It has no mention whatsoever about denying the opponent the right of gaining posession.

i.e. If I had a ball, stuck it between my legs, and started to roll on the grass, it would not be against FIFA rules because they don't mention any rules related to carrying the ball without dribbling.

Obviously nobody does it so I suppose that it's against the rules. But I thought hopping with the ball in between your legs only once was illegal until I watched Blanco do it against the Koreans

My guess is that they didn't put denying the equal right of stealing posession from opponent in their is because I could hold the defender off at the corner, if I blocked efficiently, it's extremely hard for him to even get the ball and I'm just basically denying him the right to steal possession.