Geoff Watson; What we look for in a star player...

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 23 Jun 2008, 19:02

yeah featured articles is ensoccerpedia, ensoccerpedia was just an experiment but now its featured articles.
i was made to ignite

Austin
New User

Post by Austin » 24 Jul 2008, 22:00

What a great post, i got to start looking at the featured section more often.

Thanks

Mitab14

Post by Mitab14 » 27 Jul 2008, 21:02

Yeah it's great. Good to hear from a scout what it takes to reach the top.
"Football is simple. But the hardest thing is to play football in a simple way." Johan Cruyff

soccerdude510

Post by soccerdude510 » 08 Aug 2008, 03:48

kinda late but its a great post two thumbs up

PhilippLahm16
Sophomore Member

Post by PhilippLahm16 » 28 Apr 2009, 23:02

just asking when a scouter watches a game what positional players does he generally look at? Im just asking since people generally think scoring goals is more entertaining than defending and defenders don't get that much credit, so does that mean strikers get more attention than defenders? Because Im a winger and all I don't know if people look at them a lot or not.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 28 Apr 2009, 23:19

Im nto really an expert on the scouting system or been scouted yet but i would say that scouts look at players who stand out on the pitch talent wise, athleticness wise etc.

Is athleticness even a word lol
i was made to ignite

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 03 May 2009, 07:43

PhilippLahm16 wrote:just asking when a scouter watches a game what positional players does he generally look at? Im just asking since people generally think scoring goals is more entertaining than defending and defenders don't get that much credit, so does that mean strikers get more attention than defenders? Because Im a winger and all I don't know if people look at them a lot or not.
I really wouldnt know, (im 17 in Australia so i think there is no real chance), but at a young age I really do belive that it is those kids that score that succeed. Unless they have an aggression for the game that you wouldnt let go to waste.

I think a class defender is made when they have already been scouted, or seen playing at a high level club

Rocky
Veteran Member

Post by Rocky » 03 May 2009, 07:50

Anymi wrote:
PhilippLahm16 wrote:just asking when a scouter watches a game what positional players does he generally look at? Im just asking since people generally think scoring goals is more entertaining than defending and defenders don't get that much credit, so does that mean strikers get more attention than defenders? Because Im a winger and all I don't know if people look at them a lot or not.
I really wouldnt know, (im 17 in Australia so i think there is no real chance), but at a young age I really do belive that it is those kids that score that succeed. Unless they have an aggression for the game that you wouldnt let go to waste.

I think a class defender is made when they have already been scouted, or seen playing at a high level club
I would notice a defender right away if he stopped every attacker, won in the air, hard in tackles and stood out as a fighter. But yeah, attacking football is more entertaining though.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.

What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve.