Worst call?

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
MSILancer7
Veteran Member

What is the worst call a ref has called in a game that u were playing in? The worst call ive ever seen a ref make is a yellow card for someone on my team after the got there leg wailed at and he fell, so the ref thought it was a dive and gave the kid a yellow when about 20 times someone on the other team dove right in front of him. Also he still gave us the free kick? Also a kid on my club team was trying to clear a ball out of bounds and he was a good 5-10 feet away from the touchline and he kicked it so that it would make it out of bounds for sure and the ref gave him a yellow. But the worst part of the whole thing was that wen our coach asked the ref y our player had gotten a yellow card he said that it was for kicking the ball to hard. :? :? :? :? :? :? Even the other team and coach thought it was a stupid call.

Soccerfury

getting a yellow card because i was *wasting time* in a throw in while i was trying to see who i was going to throw it at.

And the ref is really stupid for giving your friend a yellow for kicking the ball...wth lol.

soccerdude510

the worst call a ref has ever called against my team just happened this saturday dat passes it was a real ref....it was the last play of the game a gave a through pall to the forward he took it break away versus goalie and then he went and the goalie was coming at him that was his intention then our forward shoot the ball just befor the goalie kicked him...the ref then calls a foul and the ball goes in the net and does not let the play go on which would have been our 1-1 tie instead the ref calls a foul give a yellow card to the goalie and lets us shoota free kick (i missed it hit the crossbar) then as sonn as i missed he called it game over then everybody was mad because he cheated us and we lost that game..then the coach when to talk to him and the ref says "yea i will count it goal for number 16" we dont even have a 16 on our team lol? yea do u think the ref did good or bad call?

JonathonHehuFS
Sophomore Member

MSILancer7 wrote: Also a kid on my club team was trying to clear a ball out of bounds and he was a good 5-10 feet away from the touchline and he kicked it so that it would make it out of bounds for sure and the ref gave him a yellow. But the worst part of the whole thing was that wen our coach asked the ref y our player had gotten a yellow card he said that it was for kicking the ball to hard. :? :? :? :? :? :? Even the other team and coach thought it was a stupid call.
hahaha

mine was when i was running beside a oposing player to my net i was running shoulder to shoulder and on the edge of the box he bumped into me and dived the other way....reff called a pk and yellow card to me!
In the same game someone kicked me in the leg when i was down in front of the ref and i was groaning in pain and the feff thot i was diving gave me a yellow :roll: :evil: :shock: :?
Shut up and Freestyle

shahensha
Veteran Member

Corner kick against my team. The ball goes in the middle of the box, a sh*t load of players jump and we clear the ball out of the danger zone..........I was relieved but not for long because I hear a whistle and the ref point to the spot.

The whole team goes "WTF?". This was the conversation between the coach and the ref:

Coach: What was the call ref?

Ref: There was a push

Coach: Who pushed him?

Ref: Didnt see...

Coach: What do you mean you didnt see who pushed the player?!?!

Ref: Do not question my authority and let me continue calling plays!

Coach: What?!

Clumsylegs
Veteran Member

Sometimes referees can't see jack sh*t.

We got a corner kick. As a tall player I reached for a header. And boom! Someone elbowed me to head and I broke 2 teeth - and the referee didn't see that! We should have got a penalty kick from that.

Icy
Veteran Member

Perhaps the worst call in one of my games happened today.

We had a goal kick and with a defender BEHIND me I went up for a header and was called for offsides. The defenders legs was going into my armpit trying to go for the ball but apparently I was offsides. A player and I go up the the ref and ask him how that is possible and he just wouldn't say anything. It was ridiculous.

Although really after some of the other calls in the game the ref clearly favored the other team with things like a player slide tackling and putting their leg between my legs and tripping me (with no touch on the ball). Another terrible call was when a kid bear hugged out guy when he was falling so our guy fell on theirs and we were called for the foul.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Ballack13
Veteran Member

I was battling for the ball and i got it, we were both getting up from the ground, and he try's to kick the ball away and kicks the back of my foot and trips himself, ref calls a foul on me so i argue and he gives me a yellow, anyways im pretty sure he was drunk, he looked very intoxicated, he was slurring words, and running crooked.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

The worst call i had in a game was last week, when my team got a freekick right outside the box. Our freekick taker goes upper 90 and scores and the ref calls it a goal. Then the goalie starts yelling that it isnt a goal and started pointing to where it didnt go in, he sold his whole story to the ref and the ref recalled the goal. :evil:
In all the years i have played i have never seen a ref recall a freekick goal like that. :shock:
sig by 2brown347

Davidson9
Veteran Member

wow that ref sounds like a complete idiot, im not exctly sure what my worst call was there have been too many

2brown347
Veteran Member

Not the worst but the dumbest call from a game I was in was when the other teams defender had the ball and went to pass it, I was 10-15 feet away from the kid and slid to block the ball. The ref blows the whistle gave them the free kick and said quote, "don't do that again, that's how people die. To be honest I wasn't even pissed I because it was to damb funny.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:Not the worst but the dumbest call from a game I was in was when the other teams defender had the ball and went to pass it, I was 10-15 feet away from the kid and slid to block the ball. The ref blows the whistle gave them the free kick and said quote, "don't do that again, that's how people die. To be honest I wasn't even pissed I because it was to damb funny.
haha, if you scored that game you should walked up to him and said "and thats how people score" jks

2brown347
Veteran Member

I should of cause I got 2 that game.