The secret

Everything related to tactics, coaching and refereeing
EnSoUl
Veteran Member

The secret

Post by EnSoUl » 25 Jul 2007, 10:45

ok so I would probaly think that most of yo uwould have heard of 'the secret'. Briefly summing it up it's about an ancient secret to life passed down, bought, lost ect. Note that all the greatest thinkers/doers in life have used the secret. Now your probaly thinking what this has to do with your football? Well the answer is that positive thinking, feelings equal postivie play/ actions, A little rule of thumb is that the secret can be applied to everything in life.

So the secret is generaly positive thinking. But what are the techniques involved to help us achieve great things? Well think of yourself as a magnet, now whatever you think about or however your feeling are attracted to you. The logical step next is to apply this to football which will be explained next.

To apply this wonderful secret one must first ASK the universe what you want eg. I want the new T90 lasers. Note you only have to ask what you want once, as it is like you have already placed your order into what yo uwant.
The next step is to BELIVE that what you want will come true and how it is going to feel using it, or whatever. eg. holy crap my shots are going to feel so much more powerful when I'm wearing the T90 lasers. The logical way or this to work is that bigger things take MORE time, like going pro you may have to belive until it actually happens ie. have faith and it will happen, and the opposite if it is something really small like recieving your favourite dinner it may only take a matter of hours, minutes, or days.
The final step into this secret so far is to RECIEVE what your believing in. This is probaly the easiest step of the three as it involves you revieving whatever you want, eg. opening the present for your birthday containg the T90 lasers. Note that I'm only using the T90 lasers as an example, you can use thist for your shots, passes or whatever but just keep it positive.

Use this fantastic secret for whatever purpose you may wnat in life, all of the above was based on the law of attraction. Just a little key to help simplify the whole thing abit.

feelings become thoughts, thoughts become things. Feel free to ask any questions you like and trust me this DOES WORK, if you buy the full version of the secret the people featured in it are living proof that it works. Im' of course open to any feedback likes/dislikes.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime - Chinese Proverb

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 25 Jul 2007, 17:13

It's a worthy mention and I guess I couldn't disagree!
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

oobee007

Post by oobee007 » 26 Jul 2007, 05:55

personally i think 'the secret' isn't true its just a money making scheme from i bunch of fraudsters. It on the currentaffair show in australia and its all a load of crap in my mind.

The guy who wrote the book is now in the 20 richest australians.
Mark Viduka - I don't care if we lose everygame as long as we win the league!

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 26 Jul 2007, 06:20

oobee007 wrote:personally i think 'the secret' isn't true its just a money making scheme from i bunch of fraudsters. It on the currentaffair show in australia and its all a load of crap in my mind.

The guy who wrote the book is now in the 20 richest australians.
When I saw the title, I thought the secret was to make a book telling everyone how to make money, so that you can get rich off of it.

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 26 Jul 2007, 06:36

Please read my signature, before you read my reply. It basically sums up what 'The Secret' and all these other new age religions are trying to teach

'The Secret' and another movie published in 2002 called 'What the bleep do we know' are one of many new age religions or money making schemes. They are not true. They are not scientific fact. These people tell half-truths about science in order to make you believe there cults, so they can bring in the cash. However, I do believe that the mind is the most powerfull thing in the universe. I also believe that NOTHING is impossible. That is why every one of us can be professionals, its up to you. Anyone who believes in these movies please do some extensive reasearch on them and particulary the people in them and you will realise that it's just for making money. Half of them are tricksters and schemers trying to make money. I use to believe in it too, although I agree with some of what they say, it's not scientific fact.
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 26 Jul 2007, 16:32

Yeah from what I got out of this, is if your mind believes something even if it needs a "trigger" (doesn't always need to be one you have to buy), you can make it happen. For example the harder shots, better accuracy, etc. That doesn't have to come from something new, but a trigger to set your mind to believe that it will be like that will make it happen.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 27 Jul 2007, 11:24

Lol sorry EnSoul, but you probably watched this on Oprah and fell for this crap. In Australia they tried to launch this thing, they had it on tv and then showed Oprah Secret Special, but this is all lies to make money, thats why they made the book. Not to say it isnt good to have beliefs about acheiving success, but you should believe that hard work = success, always true, and not that positive thinking alone = success. I watched about 1/4 of it on Oprah, got the general concept and looked it up a bit. I like the whole thinking positively part, but not that if you think positively and do nothing, it will happen. Most important stuff in life don't just happen, going pro takes more than just believing, it takes years of hard work. Just go and by these T90 Lasers.

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 27 Jul 2007, 11:57

truesocceroo it's not all lies. So many old teachings and wise thinkers already know this and it's not a 'Secret'. It's debated constantly. That's why in the movie they claim the greatest people in history 'knew this'. They have taken many idealogies and philosophies such as Solipsism for example and put it into a neat little package and named it 'The Secret' which is what makes it rubbish. A lot of the things they say are wise and intelligent, they are wise and smart thinkers, they know and think like wise people in history did. That is why they can trick so many people into their program. Although they know how to shape their lives, their world, their reality. They understand much more than just this 'Secret' which is made up. It's basically smart, wise people fooling dumb people into giving them money, selling old philosophies.
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 Dec 2007, 05:52

Yo, the secret is actually a nickname for a basic law of life, its called the law of attraction, just like the law of gravity. Its the most powerful law in life, it basically says, you attract to your life, everything you give your atention, energy and focus to. For example you think about somebody you havent seen in a while, you think damn, how could he be, where would he be?? you just gave that your attention energy and focus, next thing you know you see him the next day, ever happened. I just read about so much that now its IMPOSSIBLE for me not to believe in it, and its a huge loss. So from another point of view here are the steps for attracting anything you want:
1) decide what you want
2) give it all the attention you can, ( reading about it, seeing others who did it, imagine you have it, make a drawing about it, talking about it, and anyway you give it attention energy or focus)
3) allow it ( instead of just recieving) this step is not really the easiest one, its the most important and people have the most trouble with it, in this step you remove ALL DOUBTS you might have, a good technique for this is seeing how many people enjoy what you want, for example how many people are coming out of the closet today, or how many people are working out to day, this makes you feel like you can do it.

After these 3 steps youve completed the steps for attracting anything you want......

by the way, the thought proccess behind the law of attraction is: everything vibrates in different frequence, (people, dogs, money, cars everything) by you giving your desire attention you automaticaly are vibrating in that frequence of your desire and automatically attracting it to you..........

I hope this helped yallll, i found out about this law a few weeks ago, i read a book about it in 1 week, and i wrote my own summary about it, my life has improved enourmously, now im reading 2 other books... I thank GOD because he put this in the road of my life......

IM trying to apply it to soccer but i find it much easier in other aspects like getting a girl, or being confident or things like that..... peace yoo love you

EnSoUl
Veteran Member

Post by EnSoUl » 14 Dec 2007, 07:21

[quote]Lol sorry EnSoul, but you probably watched this on Oprah and fell for this crap. In Australia they tried to launch this thing[quote]

Rhonda Byrne the lady who got all the information of the secret together is actually from Australia, which means the secret (book, DVD ect. not the teachings) came from Australia.
I see what your saying panchester and I totally agree with you, I started with something small, say attracting a can of coke in my life and it manifested, so non belivers give it a shot!, and if you say the only reason it doesn't work is because you say so!
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime - Chinese Proverb

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 14 Dec 2007, 15:28

A lot of the things they say are wise and intelligent, they are wise and smart thinkers
Nah, on the contrary, these sorts of books are meant to appeal to a broad range of readers whereas the truth is usually quite unsettling. Philosophy is a huge field that people study for years, so any book that claims to have the 'ultimate secret' should make you suspicious.

Sorry to be the party pooper, but the idea that you can achieve anything through 'positive thinking' or that 'nothing is impossible' is rubbish. Suicide bombers are the most 'positive thinkers' on the planet. While I can't prove that they are deluded, we all agree that they are deluded. If you believe in something religiously, you are probably deluded too.

The same goes for soccer. If I see that a certain defender is faster than me, I won't even try to outrun him. That would be stupid. Instead, I might try and trick him in a other ways. Not everybody can be the next Ronaldinho. In my opinion, being a realist and knowing your limits is better for your soccer career. But then again, I could be wrong. No statement about the phisical world could be (deductively) proven. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't trust anybody. sh*t, I don't even trust myself!

PS. Forgot to mention, if you disagree with me, then you're a terrorist.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 14 Dec 2007, 15:39

expert wrote:
A lot of the things they say are wise and intelligent, they are wise and smart thinkers
Nah, on the contrary, these sorts of books are meant to appeal to a broad range of readers whereas the truth is usually quite unsettling. Philosophy is a huge field that people study for years, so any book that claims to have the 'ultimate secret' should make you suspicious.

Sorry to be the party pooper, but the idea that you can achieve anything through 'positive thinking' or that 'nothing is impossible' is rubbish. Suicide bombers are the most 'positive thinkers' on the planet. While I can't prove that they are deluded, we all agree that they are deluded. If you believe in something religiously, you are probably deluded too.

The same goes for soccer. If I see that a certain defender is faster than me, I won't even try to outrun him. That would be stupid. Instead, I might try and trick him in a other ways. Not everybody can be the next Ronaldinho. In my opinion, being a realist and knowing your limits is better for your soccer career. But then again, I could be wrong. No statement about the phisical world could be (deductively) proven. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't trust anybody. sh*t, I don't even trust myself!

I kinda agree with you here. I heard about this book and i thought to myself "This is just another scam." I already know that if i set my mind to something i can achieve it through hard work. Having a positive mindset is just not enough. I can't just say to myself "I'm gonna be a great footballer, i know it, i can do it!" Thats great that i have a positive mindset but i gotta practice, i cant just say stuff and not do it. I remember they talked about this book on tv once. Some lady gave an example saying if you are looking for a parking spot every morning, and all the spots are taken all the time, you have to think positively and say to yourself "There is an open spot, I know it." So basically, if you think it, its gonna happen. Now, in my opinion, that is complete garbage. Yeah, the next lottery ticket i buy is gonna be the winner. I'll talk to you guys later when I'm a millionaire.

mef

Post by mef » 14 Dec 2007, 16:43

Life isn't as simple as the self-help philosophies teach. There are layers upon layers of laws and mysteries in every thing in the universe, and these broad summations thrown out there by the numerous philosophies are nothing more than an overview and understatement of what our world is really like. My opinions toward the world and the so-called answers that some people ('The Secret') give, is resignation. The universe is entirely too complicated for any human to possibly understand, and so answers to your problems like the secret should be largely ignored. That's not to say that philosophy as a whole is a bad thing. The pursuit of answers is as imporatant a task as there can be, you just need to be able to look at everything you, or anyone else discovers skeptically, because without skepticism we would still be thinking that the world was flat, or that the universe revolved around the earth, or that the secret to happiness is positive thinking...
The universe is full of so many variables, that any argument can be made to seem plausible.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 14 Dec 2007, 16:57

expert wrote:

:lol: i like that post and agree totally with it (first time ive ever said that and didnt start an arguement) you also know how far you can push yourself

PS. if there are any terrorists reading this please post your names and addressesw so that we can shoot you

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

Post by karlofootball10 » 14 Dec 2007, 20:18

there is no secret to life. sure, optimism is great, you should do stuff to make you happy and whatnot, but there is a point where that gets cut off too.
"believe in your dreams" "nothing is impossible" "believe in miracles"
thats when you have to start getting realistic, saying these phrases is only a setup for disappointment.
how many of us say we want to go pro? alot of us. how many of us have faced reality and realized that it isnt likely? some of us. how many of us are banking on the "believe in your dreams, nothing is impossible" idea? alot of us.
theres a point where you have to start getting real with yourself.
not to sound like a party pooper or anything, im quite an optimistic person.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?