Diego Forlan

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Ronaldinho10

Diego Forlan

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 30 May 2005, 13:53

What do you all think of him? The Man United reject finishes top scorer in La Liga and joint top for the golden boot (same number of goals but in slightly more games than Thierry Henry). I have seen many clips of him on Sky Sports (Revista de la liga) and he looks an incredible player. His hat trick last week against Barca at the Nou Camp was unbelievable. He also scores and can play with both feet - I knew this even when he was at Man U as he took corners with both feet- he scores different types of goals long range , 1 on 1 , penalties , tap ins , headers etc.
So what do you think has changed him? Maybe Sir Alex will want him back!
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

HJK

Post by HJK » 31 May 2005, 00:02

He has played fantastic in La liga and if I were him I would just stay in la liga, Diego Forlan is just an example of many players that couldnt physically handle the premier league

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 31 May 2005, 07:26

How right U are....

I always know that Forlan has it, just that EPL is not his cup of tea.

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 31 May 2005, 11:37

So do u think the premiership requires less technical ability than La Liga and people overcome this by being physically stronger.
Which league do u think is better?
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

fir_nev

Post by fir_nev » 01 Jun 2005, 01:56

I have no say in which league is better, but I like how the EPL clubs play. My mum once caught me sleeping while watching Valencia-R.Madrid game!

Just that I would like Forlan to stay in the La Liga.

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 01 Jun 2005, 17:24

la liga certainly suits him and it wd be in his best interests to say.

forlan was neva a bad player. when he was at utd they had a lot of strikers who wer scoring tons of goals in the premiership - especially van nistelrooy. even in the world cup he scored a brilliant goal, i think he controlled it on his chest and volleyed it in frm miles out.

certainly a gd player. but provides proof tht different styles of football suit different players.

juan sebastian veron is another example of this surely. he had a great season with inter but struggled at utd and chelsea.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

fir_nev

Post by fir_nev » 02 Jun 2005, 08:56

I think Latin players can adapt well when playing defence while attacking-wise, they need the chemistry.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 02 Jun 2005, 09:25

when he came to old trafford i expected his great games, i have seen some of his games for independiente on TV he is a miracle....
but he was having many problems in england, because he is just too weak...
premier league is a very hard league, where you can harldy take the ball an drive through players...
you have to be strong to survive in the premiership...

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Re: Diego Forlan

Post by FCBarcelona » 07 Jun 2005, 15:14

Ronaldinho10 wrote:What do you all think of him? The Man United reject finishes top scorer in La Liga and joint top for the golden boot (same number of goals but in slightly more games than Thierry Henry). I have seen many clips of him on Sky Sports (Revista de la liga) and he looks an incredible player. His hat trick last week against Barca at the Nou Camp was unbelievable. He also scores and can play with both feet - I knew this even when he was at Man U as he took corners with both feet- he scores different types of goals long range , 1 on 1 , penalties , tap ins , headers etc.
So what do you think has changed him? Maybe Sir Alex will want him back!
Isn't Eto'o leading scorer??
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.