Freddy Adu

Discuss and compare your favorite players
zerot4
New User

Freddy Adu

Post by zerot4 » 23 Jun 2007, 09:00

ive been reading about Freddy Adu and i want to get peoples oppinions, i dont watch mls soccer becouse its boring, but i saw that he was spotted at age 14, do you guys think he is good everywere or only in the U.S? Also do you think leagues like european, mexican, and U.S leagues have a higher level of competition or difficulty? or are they all the same? COMMENT PLEASE :!: :!:

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 23 Jun 2007, 15:12

He had a trial with Man U and failed that. I don't believe he is very good myself...very overrated.

And no, I don't think leagues in europe have a higher level of competition than the US and Mexican, I know they do.

ZZizou
Veteran Member

Post by ZZizou » 23 Jun 2007, 15:48

Even South-American competition are higher than MLS.

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 23 Jun 2007, 15:52

Freddy Adu, yes he was spotted very young, but he is not amazing when he plays. He is an alright player, overated definitely but only because of his age. Give him a couple years when he'll mature enough and he could be really good, who knows?

Pretty much i would personally say that mexico's competitions should be higher on difficulty than the US's, the sad part is, their not... Pretty much the level of difficulty of mexico and the US are the same, european leagues however are definitely at a higher level than the US and mexico. Higher than mexico because mexico can still be beaten by the US, where soccer isn't even the number sport, and is higher than the US because, again, it's not our number one sport. We don't have street games everyday in normal towns. I definitely think the US league is coming along, hopefully in a few years the two leagues will be the same difficulty wise (US and European leagues) we'll see though.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

ZZizou
Veteran Member

Post by ZZizou » 23 Jun 2007, 15:57

Don't know but US teams are definitly not good enough to play in an European league but who knows maybe one day but very little chance because the only European players that go to the US are very old and just play for the money.

adnankhan
Veteran Member

Post by adnankhan » 23 Jun 2007, 16:18

what about donnavon he is good and really talanted..

KPatel

Post by KPatel » 23 Jun 2007, 16:39

He's not good enough to make it to top flight football in any country. Donnovan is considered quality because he's the best that America has. But in reality he's really quite crap.

adnankhan
Veteran Member

Post by adnankhan » 23 Jun 2007, 17:05

KPatel wrote:He's not good enough to make it to top flight football in any country. Donnovan is considered quality because he's the best that America has. But in reality he's really quite crap.
i herd that is is going to europe after he finish the cotract with la galexy and i was reading a artical about him while back which said manchester u was giving him a chance to tryout for their them...

KPatel

Post by KPatel » 23 Jun 2007, 17:28

You must have also heard that Pele has returned to full fitness and wants to return to club and international football along with Romario.

My point: it's all speculation, he had his time in Germany and he was utter bollocks. I highly doubt the Mancs want him anyway.

AMacK7

Post by AMacK7 » 23 Jun 2007, 20:48

I also really doubt Man Utd. would want him, as far as the Freddy Adu thing goes, I think, he could possibly make it in Europe. The only chance he has of playing in Europe would be playing on one of the bottom teams in the EPL, Serie A etc. If he does play in the EPL lets say, I think he will be a "fringe" player... i'm not sure if that a Canadian or hockey term but it just means that he'll never really make it as a starter or first team player. He will only be a first team player on a League Champ/bottom of the premier league team.

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 23 Jun 2007, 21:54

adnankhan wrote:what about donnavon he is good and really talanted..
Landon Donovan ("Landycakes") is an alright player. I would love to see him actually score a goal in a game that actually mattered, instead of scoring in games that don't matter at all with the national team.
AMacK7 wrote:I also really doubt Man Utd. would want him, as far as the Freddy Adu thing goes, I think, he could possibly make it in Europe. The only chance he has of playing in Europe would be playing on one of the bottom teams in the EPL, Serie A etc. If he does play in the EPL lets say, I think he will be a "fringe" player... i'm not sure if that a Canadian or hockey term but it just means that he'll never really make it as a starter or first team player. He will only be a first team player on a League Champ/bottom of the premier league team.
Definitely agree with you Adu could play in europe, but remember, he's like what? 17, 18, 19?? He's not that old, all he needs to learn is how to play with teammates actually skilled enough to really give him a run for his money and i think his real skills may show.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 23 Jun 2007, 22:10

KPatel wrote:He's not good enough to make it to top flight football in any country. Donnovan is considered quality because he's the best that America has. But in reality he's really quite crap.
actually, i think that Germany just didn't fit him well. i think that if he went to the EPL, he would have a batter time. look at the americans who have somewhat done good. donovan is just as good as them and better. just give him a chance somewhere other than germany

adnankhan
Veteran Member

Post by adnankhan » 24 Jun 2007, 00:00

KPatel wrote:You must have also heard that Pele has returned to full fitness and wants to return to club and international football along with Romario.

My point: it's all speculation, he had his time in Germany and he was utter bollocks. I highly doubt the Mancs want him anyway.
hey man keep u r attutide in ur self nobody told u to come back with offensive come back...comon i just told u what i herd.....u can take it easy cant u :) :) and i bet he is better than lots of player in epl...

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 24 Jun 2007, 00:05

Adu is overrated because he is crap... and an idiot. He turned down an offer for Inter when he could have gone and trained in the youth academy and become a really great player, instead he is just playing his usual crap with the US. He doesn't stand a chance at all... I mean Man U turned him down, I don't think he is going to get a trial anywhere else, and he will end up working a day job, and people will point and look at him and say "Hey, there is that kid who everyone thought was a prodigy, but he isn't."

Otherwise that is what I think of him.

And Donovan isn't good enough for Europe either.

adnankhan
Veteran Member

Post by adnankhan » 24 Jun 2007, 00:12

Adu is gonna be stick with U.S team forever i mean comon all the coach the manager and every body in the u.s team think is the best player in the world...

and donavon is good