european dream team (4-4-2)

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 30 May 2005, 10:16

J wrote:
Wiseman_philosopher wrote:[quote="Wiseman_philosopher
What I meant by wasting space was, if you've got 11 spaces to fill, and you use 2 of them up with the same sort of player, then thats pointless, as you've just "wasted a space", and I would rather use that second space for a different purpose.
Putting Zidane or Ronaldinho on a football pitch is not "wastiing a space" to me, even at the same time. That's just my personal preference though. Im sure lots of people will disagree with me. I just would love to see those two playing together because i think it would make for some exciting and creative attacking football.
Yeh I agree, it would be way more attractive, but maybe not as effective for results.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 31 May 2005, 01:22

it migt go either way, really. real madrid have zidane and figo on the pitch at the same time (or they used to), and their play looks good, but hasn't been acheiving results lately. ac milan play with tons of attacking stars on the field (i.e. kaka, shevchenko, crespo), and they get the results they need, most of the time. it depends on the players, and their chemistry together. the only way you really could know for sure was to see them play together
Hala Galacticos

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 31 May 2005, 09:23

cfrealmadrid wrote:it migt go either way, really. real madrid have zidane and figo on the pitch at the same time (or they used to), and their play looks good, but hasn't been acheiving results lately. ac milan play with tons of attacking stars on the field (i.e. kaka, shevchenko, crespo), and they get the results they need, most of the time. it depends on the players, and their chemistry together. the only way you really could know for sure was to see them play together
Yeh but even Milan have the likes of Gattuso who cover for them. Madrid were successful when they had Makelele, who covered for their superb attacking qualities.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 03 Jun 2005, 01:34

yeah, that's true, but i'm talking about theoretically. on paper, gattuso is a pretty good player, but when he comes out onto the field, he can change a game. same with makelele. in theory, these teams should be about equal, even now, but there's just a certain structure that some teams have, and some don't
Hala Galacticos

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 03 Jun 2005, 20:41

------ ----Valdes------
Belletti---Puyol---Nesta----Giovanni
-----------------------------
Giuly---Gerrard--------Riise
---------Ronaldinho------
---Eto'o-----Ronaldo---
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

Jon
New User

Post by Jon » 07 Jun 2005, 11:06

fc barcelona i cant believe that a die hard barca fan like urself left out xavi an dput gerrard in instead. why? xavi is miles better than gerrard

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 07 Jun 2005, 21:02

Magicfeet wrote: Giggs is getting old, and is nothing like the player he used to be
i disagree. giggs is still a fantastic player and still has 5 years at least left in him. he always contributes in every game and is a constant threat to opposing defences with his dribbling, passing, crossing and shooting. a terrific role model, giggs is an ideal player for almost any starting line-up.

anyone remember when sven-goran erikson first became england manager? in a radio interview he was asked which foreign player would he hav in his england team. sven didnt answer with zidane, ronaldo, figo, raul, or any other superstar which usually comes to mind. he sed 'ryan giggs'.

'nuff sed.
Jon wrote:fc barcelona i cant believe that a die hard barca fan like urself left out xavi an dput gerrard in instead. why? xavi is miles better than gerrard
very true
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 08 Jun 2005, 00:04

Jon wrote:fc barcelona i cant believe that a die hard barca fan like urself left out xavi an dput gerrard in instead. why? xavi is miles better than gerrard
Gerrard has a great shot and led his team to the Champions League, I put Xavi then changed my mind, very close though.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 08 Jun 2005, 00:39

gerrard is a better leader also. he's got a much harder shot, and he's just as good a defender as xavi
Hala Galacticos

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 08 Jun 2005, 02:37

I disagree with the defender part, Xavi is one of best in world, keeps everybody organized.
FORÇA BARÇA!

Bennij
New User

Post by Bennij » 08 Jun 2005, 18:15

GK - Casillas
RB - Puyol
CB - Stam
CB - Nesta
LB - Roberto Carlos
DM - Van Bommel
CM - Deco
AM - Ronaldinho
AM - Zidane
CF - Henry
CF - Ronaldo

I go for attractive football. Style and skill. Finesse. Art.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 09 Jun 2005, 14:22

However, I would definitely fit Robben in somewhere because I think this season him having this many injuries is just one-off.

I wonder how the hell he never signed for United.

I would also fit Cristiano ronaldo on the right, Rooney up front because I'm a big fan of youth players since I'm one myself!

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 10 Jun 2005, 00:50

there's no way rooney makes an all european team. he's good, but he's not one of the very best.
Hala Galacticos

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 10 Jun 2005, 01:28

cfrealmadrid wrote:there's no way rooney makes an all european team. he's good, but he's not one of the very best.

Tell me you're kidding? There's a reason why he's Youth player of the year, and judging by his exploits with Manutd and his star showing of Euro 2004, he MORE than deserves to be considered for the starting 11 of a dream team.

He's an absolute genius and can create something out of nothing. I'd put him ahead of "greats" like Raul because Raul for me has not performed to his best recently, where as Rooney has been nothng short of an inspirational revelation.

How well will this dream team will play is another story. As Real Madrid have demonstrated, having a team with all individual stars does not mean they will play like a team.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 10 Jun 2005, 01:33

he's a great youth player, but with the emphasis on youth. i forget who it was, but someone once said the steps to greatness (in order) are lifestyle, physical ability, technical ability, mental preparation, emotional comfort. something like that. if that's true, rooney hasn't gotten past the first step yet. he's pretty good, but on a european dream team, he's a substitute at best
Hala Galacticos