Spain's best striker right now?

Discuss and compare your favorite players
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3767
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada

Post by gnarlyjim » 06 May 2007, 01:47

jcdenton wrote:
gnarlyjim wrote:
jcdenton wrote:Serbian wonderkind Bojan Krkic! :)
Do you know if he'll play for Spain or Serbia?

P.S. I'll take Villa for sure.
he's now saying he'll surely play for Spain, but until senior team nothing is sure...
he'll play for Serbia trust me...
What makes you so sure? He'll be more well known if he plays for Spain IMO.
Image

ballackfan
Veteran Member
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jun 2006, 22:54

Post by ballackfan » 06 May 2007, 04:18

Morientes is getting too old, I'm sure he will decide to hang his boots sooner or later. Actually, I think Raul used to be the best, they say he can't stop scoring at some point. Raul won the champions league three times with Real Madrid, Morientes also has an excellent career. I think if you are talking about today then, Villa definitely has to be one of them.

milanese
Veteran Member
Posts: 317
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 07:05
Location: Canada

Post by milanese » 06 May 2007, 04:26

Villa's easily the best right now. I've never been too impressed by Torres. Morientes might be getting older, but he's still scoring.

jcdenton
Veteran Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 18:45
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Post by jcdenton » 06 May 2007, 06:22

gnarlyjim wrote:
jcdenton wrote:
gnarlyjim wrote: Do you know if he'll play for Spain or Serbia?

P.S. I'll take Villa for sure.
he's now saying he'll surely play for Spain, but until senior team nothing is sure...
he'll play for Serbia trust me...
What makes you so sure? He'll be more well known if he plays for Spain IMO.
does it matter? he's Serb by his father's line, and his father is possibly trying to fool Spanish people and to steal them a talent when Bojan grows up...
you know there is something called national pride, that's what almost all Serbs have in huge amounts...
if you were in his place what would you do?

EnSoUl
Veteran Member
Posts: 345
Joined: 23 Jan 2007, 23:59

Post by EnSoUl » 06 May 2007, 09:15

how can you say that! us australians and canadainas or whatever have alot of national pride as well, but you don't see us going on and jabbering about it like it's the end of the world, look the guys asking a simple question who do you think is the best striker? and we gave him good answers, can we try and not bring national pride and stuff as well jsut like the 'you nationality' thread cause I know how you feel about all that jc

jcdenton
Veteran Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 18:45
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Post by jcdenton » 06 May 2007, 09:40

EnSoUl wrote:how can you say that! us australians and canadainas or whatever have alot of national pride as well, but you don't see us going on and jabbering about it like it's the end of the world, look the guys asking a simple question who do you think is the best striker? and we gave him good answers, can we try and not bring national pride and stuff as well jsut like the 'you nationality' thread cause I know how you feel about all that jc
national pride comes from national identity...
and you're fake nations consisted from people all over the world...
pure australians are aboriginal...
you can love your country, but you can never have feelings for the land where your ancestors didn't spill blood to defend it...
the BIG difference between Europe and the countries you've mentioned is that Europe actually has history...
the place where you live was unknown to anyone in civilized world for thousands of years... Serbia was kingdom when no one knew anything about Australia or Canada... so please don't make me start the debate again...
i just mentioned national pride and you have to connect it to other topic, well this proves how unintelligent you are...

KPatel
Moderator
Posts: 1052
Joined: 15 Jul 2006, 20:51

Post by KPatel » 06 May 2007, 17:08

Before you start another cat-fight JCDenton, I just have to say, keep it quiet.

Serb
New User
Posts: 7
Joined: 06 May 2007, 20:59

Post by Serb » 06 May 2007, 21:17

Villa, Bojan Krkic and Yeste

Evan
Veteran Member
Posts: 1023
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 00:41

Post by Evan » 07 May 2007, 23:17

i dont c why u all dont like torres...he is a great, fast striker.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member
Posts: 1847
Joined: 30 Mar 2005, 00:26
Location: Virginia, USA

Post by mpcarres14 » 08 May 2007, 03:38

Rommendahl was a fast as crap winger, but he was always rubbish.
Image

God damn brewery!!!

Serb1
New User
Posts: 16
Joined: 07 May 2007, 12:39

Post by Serb1 » 08 May 2007, 13:45

Evan wrote:i dont c why u all dont like torres...he is a great, fast striker.
I forgot him and Tamudo, Arizmendi is good too

Rulezzz
Veteran Member
Posts: 1754
Joined: 22 Dec 2006, 13:36
Location: Surrey, England , UK

Post by Rulezzz » 08 May 2007, 14:42

jcdenton wrote:
EnSoUl wrote:how can you say that! us australians and canadainas or whatever have alot of national pride as well, but you don't see us going on and jabbering about it like it's the end of the world, look the guys asking a simple question who do you think is the best striker? and we gave him good answers, can we try and not bring national pride and stuff as well jsut like the 'you nationality' thread cause I know how you feel about all that jc
national pride comes from national identity...
and you're fake nations consisted from people all over the world...
pure australians are aboriginal...
you can love your country, but you can never have feelings for the land where your ancestors didn't spill blood to defend it...
the BIG difference between Europe and the countries you've mentioned is that Europe actually has history...
the place where you live was unknown to anyone in civilized world for thousands of years... Serbia was kingdom when no one knew anything about Australia or Canada... so please don't make me start the debate again...
i just mentioned national pride and you have to connect it to other topic, well this proves how unintelligent you are...
people who think like you are few and far between, your ancestors were black africans who descended from apes who came from Africa originally, so dont give nemore of this national pride "im so proud to be serbian" BS. We are all from different nations here and whether our ancestors are from another nation or not we have pride in our nations and theres nothing someone like you can do about it. I have no qualms with you being proud to be Serbian, thats cool, but you cant go around telling people "they arent bosnian" or "they arent english" or watever, cos its pure bulshit.
Image
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member
Posts: 1631
Joined: 25 Mar 2005, 19:39

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 08 May 2007, 16:48

I haven't watched as much of La Liga as I wanted to this season, but I think Villa is one of the top 3 best in spain right now. He plays very well and is fast and skilled. Last season he scored a lot of goals and Eto'o only won the pichichi by one goal. When villa doesn't score he still creates oppurtinities for his teammates or has good chances to score.
Image

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3767
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada

Post by gnarlyjim » 08 May 2007, 19:08

jcdenton wrote:
gnarlyjim wrote:
jcdenton wrote: he's now saying he'll surely play for Spain, but until senior team nothing is sure...
he'll play for Serbia trust me...
What makes you so sure? He'll be more well known if he plays for Spain IMO.
1does it matter? he's Serb by his father's line, and his father is possibly trying to fool Spanish people and to steal them a talent when Bojan grows up...
2u know there is something called national pride, 3what almost all Serbs have in huge amounts...
4if you were in his place what would you do?
1) Yeah, being well known may matter to him. You'd have to ask him that one.

2) I'm aware. I am proud to be Canadian, but I don't try to convince everyone that we are far better and more intelligent than any other country.

3) Really? Almost all Serbs try to convince people from around the world that they are the most intelligent, and overall superior race? Maybe Bojan isn't like that.

4) Hard to say. I'd probably play for the country that I felt more loyalty to. If I'm ever in that situation, I'll be sure to let you know.

I simply asked you what made you so sure he'd play for Serbia, and stated a reason why he might.
Image

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6203
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by rzadzinski » 08 May 2007, 22:49

OK, no more fighting girls.

Go to your corners for a time out now.

Zigic may not be the best, but he's fun to watch. Even better then Crouchy! :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Post Reply