Cristiano Ronaldo( A Great)

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Falcao
Senior Member
Posts: 273
Joined: 06 Nov 2006, 13:52

Post by Falcao » 11 Apr 2007, 12:17

Do you call yesterdays game bad?:S and you're talking that he dives.. when anyone here plays in the EPL (hardest league in the world) you can call me and tell me how many times you easily fell.. its not like you think it is.

KPatel
Moderator
Posts: 1052
Joined: 15 Jul 2006, 20:51

Post by KPatel » 11 Apr 2007, 13:32

EnSoUl wrote:correct me if I'm wrong now I think C ronaldo is a pretty awsome player
You're wrong. You think incorrectly. He's nowhere near a complete player. He just runs down the field, tries to get a foul, kicks the ball at goal, and always has a stupid goal celebration.
*~El Maestro~* wrote:However, there is no reason to start bashing him everytime his name is brought up
I think there is. He's a cheater.

mef
Senior Member
Posts: 125
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 15:26

Post by mef » 11 Apr 2007, 15:29

I think he's just playing to his strengths. I mean he's probl'y one of the fastest guys in the premiership, has good skills (yes, I know he "only does stepovers", but that works for him because he is so fast), and has a killer shot. So when he dribbles and takes people on, it usually works toward helping the team and getting in good positions to score and/or pass. I know he does also dribble too much sometimes, but you just kind of have to accept that he's young and will make mistakes and try to look at all of the good things that he does.

powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post by powell » 11 Apr 2007, 15:33

yeh i look at the good stuff what he does but then its followed by crap .... like yesterday night, i was watching the second half and noticed was taking on a few invisable players. I mean once he had sprinted past the ful back there was knowone else so instead of crossing it he would do a few stepovers to try put off the invisable opponent, or maybe to make himself look good. You decide ?

And while you decide ill try find a video of one that i mean.

mef
Senior Member
Posts: 125
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 15:26

Post by mef » 11 Apr 2007, 16:04

powell wrote:yeh i look at the good stuff what he does but then its followed by crap .... like yesterday night, i was watching the second half and noticed was taking on a few invisable players. I mean once he had sprinted past the ful back there was knowone else so instead of crossing it he would do a few stepovers to try put off the invisable opponent, or maybe to make himself look good. You decide ?
yeah he does do stupid stuff like that sometimes (I can't remember that part, so I'd like to see the video), but I think this is just an argument that can't really be won by either side because all players make mistakes, and even though c. ronaldo makes more than most, he has to have some redeeming qualities, because if he didn't then he wouldn't be playing for man u.

powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post by powell » 11 Apr 2007, 16:08

mef wrote:
powell wrote:yeh i look at the good stuff what he does but then its followed by crap .... like yesterday night, i was watching the second half and noticed was taking on a few invisable players. I mean once he had sprinted past the ful back there was knowone else so instead of crossing it he would do a few stepovers to try put off the invisable opponent, or maybe to make himself look good. You decide ?
yeah he does do stupid stuff like that sometimes (I can't remember that part, so I'd like to see the video), but I think this is just an argument that can't really be won by either side because all players make mistakes, and even though c. ronaldo makes more than most, he has to have some redeeming qualities, because if he didn't then he wouldn't be playing for man u.
yeh i till looking for a video with it in .. might be hard but ill have a look. Also you say it like playing for man utd is an honour :)

Zlatan5
Veteran Member
Posts: 1208
Joined: 17 Nov 2006, 05:41

Post by Zlatan5 » 11 Apr 2007, 18:14

KPatel wrote:
EnSoUl wrote:correct me if I'm wrong now I think C ronaldo is a pretty awsome player
You're wrong. You think incorrectly. He's nowhere near a complete player. He just runs down the field, tries to get a foul, kicks the ball at goal, and always has a stupid goal celebration.
*~El Maestro~* wrote:However, there is no reason to start bashing him everytime his name is brought up
I think there is. He's a cheater.


lol your bashin him because he has a stupid goal celebration what are you like a 8th grader that is the stupidest thing to accuse someone of its like me accusing Ronaldinho for having bad teeth. Hell what would u do if u scored a goal in the EPL would you do just think about it for a minute.

powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post by powell » 11 Apr 2007, 18:25

God !!! here we go again .... right listen. READ his post again... now he isnt bashing him just becuase hes got a crap celebration didnt you read the rest ????

he said : He just runs down the field, tries to get a foul, kicks the ball at goal

so hes selfish ..... a diver and just goes for goal in the majority of his shot when hes in the middle instead of passing forwards in.

I like to ask all ronadlo fans this .... do you think he dives ??

mef
Senior Member
Posts: 125
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 15:26

Post by mef » 11 Apr 2007, 18:49

powell wrote:I like to ask all ronadlo fans this .... do you think he dives ??
Yes I do think he dives, but thats not enough alone for me to dislike him. Even though he does do some things poorly (diving, too much dribbling, selfishness, and whining like a little girl after a call doesn't go his way being a few), those aren't enough reasons to make me hate him.

I like C. Ronaldo because of his audacity, because of his daring and creativity, because of how he totally ignores the fact that he's playing professionally on the biggest stage and not out on the streets with a couple of buddies just messing around. I like C. Ronaldo because every time he has the ball I am sitting on the edge of my seat; expecting something spectacular,and because of this I am able to overlook the fact that he dives, that he dribbles too much, that he whines like a little girl, and all the other ridiculous things that he does. That is why I like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Trainer09
Senior Member
Posts: 139
Joined: 31 Oct 2006, 01:25
Location: USA

Post by Trainer09 » 11 Apr 2007, 19:06

I knew what i was getting into when I made a topic of him. I think he will be great no stopping him. You my or may not think he cheats. i dont see it but I dont hide away from the facts either and right now the facts say he is one of the top players in the EPL and he is know world wide for his amazing grace, talent, speed, and skill.

I dont think he dives

Zlatan5
Veteran Member
Posts: 1208
Joined: 17 Nov 2006, 05:41

Post by Zlatan5 » 11 Apr 2007, 19:19

powell wrote:God !!! here we go again .... right listen. READ his post again... now he isnt bashing him just becuase hes got a crap celebration didnt you read the rest ????

he said : He just runs down the field, tries to get a foul, kicks the ball at goal

so hes selfish ..... a diver and just goes for goal in the majority of his shot when hes in the middle instead of passing forwards in.

I like to ask all ronadlo fans this .... do you think he dives ??
ok i read his post again. ok whats wrong with what he is doing,

1.he brings the ball down field
2.he tries to draw a foul to benefit the team
3.kicks the ball at goal which im sure hes doing quite well due to the fact hes 2nd in terms of total goals second only to Drogba.

and he said always has a stupid celebration which of course leads me to believe he is bringing that up as a negative fact against him which is totally irrelevant to what kind of a player he is. I mean look at some of the african players *not being racist* they do unnecessary back flips in the celebration and in some situations they get injured now tell me whats stupider doing a back flip with the risk of injuring yourself or just doing a silly celebration to showcase your happiness for scoring a goal you tell me.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3767
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada

Post by gnarlyjim » 11 Apr 2007, 19:31

Trainer09 wrote:I knew what i was getting into when I made a topic of him. I think he will be great no stopping him. You my or may not think he cheats. i dont see it but I dont hide away from the facts either and right now the facts say he is one of the top players in the EPL and he is know world wide for his amazing grace, talent, speed, and skill.

I dont think he dives
Wait... are we talking about the same Cristiano Ronaldo????

If we are, you must not have ever seen games on TV or videos on youtube...

Here's some proof for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ochcQ56Es

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1I3Ve0h ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7vKu-nMqsY

That good??
Image

Trainer09
Senior Member
Posts: 139
Joined: 31 Oct 2006, 01:25
Location: USA

Post by Trainer09 » 11 Apr 2007, 19:35

I hope I am as good as him when I play for the EPL becuase If all of you hate me on here I know I qill be doing something right

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3767
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada

Post by gnarlyjim » 11 Apr 2007, 19:37

Trainer09 wrote:I hope I am as good as him when I play for the EPL becuase If all of you hate me on here I know I qill be doing something right
That's nice. I sincerely wish you luck in playing for the EPL someday. That would be really cool. . . a dream come true.

However, after watching those videos, do you still think that Ronaldo doesn't dive? The answer should be smacking you in the face after those videos. . .
Image

Trainer09
Senior Member
Posts: 139
Joined: 31 Oct 2006, 01:25
Location: USA

Post by Trainer09 » 11 Apr 2007, 19:42

Its not hitting me in the becuase it the 2nd one they dont sho an angle where he actually got contacted made and in the 3rd why would he want to dive when could of easily scored and goal and it was obvise he was knocked off balance.

Half these people only hate them becuase everyone else does and there so weak minded they cant think for themselves.

Post Reply