C. Ronaldo vs. Ronaldinho

Discuss and compare your favorite players
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 14 Jun 2005, 06:51

frizzyan wrote:He also has an aggressive nature to his game, reminiscent of Cantona
His face, physique and playing style is maybe like Gascoigne.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe » 14 Jun 2005, 19:14

Ronaldinho10 wrote:
jdefoe wrote:this is my opinion...I think that c. ronaldo is ruining the game of soccer for youngsters. I coach under 11 boys, and everytime they get the ball they keep trying all these crazy stepovers that do not work. I believe that kids should learn how to play the game before they start trying all that crap.

Its just like basketball...I hate when kids try to imitate AND 1 when they need to learn how to play first. Thats why I strongly dislike c. ronaldo.
I do not agree at all. C.Ronaldo has brought a different dimension to football and if he is superb at all the tricks and dribbling why shouldn't he do them if they are going to be effective? Also you should try to teach the kids to do the stepovers etc in the right areas of the pitch. If they are not doing them effectively they should (if they have any brains) eventually work out when and when not to do them.
Also C.Ronaldo has stopped doing 100 stepovers everytime he gets the ball and now 99% of his tricks are effective and always bring a lot of entertainment and style.
I agree with you there, and I've tried to teach the kids when to use stepovers but i just hate how my kids keep trying to do all these stepovers to no avail instead of swinging in the cross. I agree that ronaldo has stopped but they keep trying to burn other players like ronaldo instead of making the easy pass. The kids just develop into glory hounds that try these tricks over and over instead of smart players. Thats why I do not like Ronaldo

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 14 Jun 2005, 19:22

Yes I understand thats fair enough and it must be very annoying with the kids doing tricks instead of swinging crosses in - I just thought you were being a bit harsh on C.Ronaldo thats all. The smarter kids will realise when to pass and if they continue to do tricks instead of passing - tell them the game is now 3 touches maximum (even though I hate these games because it means you can't dribble and). There are good and bad points to 3 touch games in my opinion it is good to keep the ball moving and the game flowing and encourages you to have good first touch but it also does not encourage you to be comfortable on the ball because you need to get rid of it quickly - this is very bad because all footballers need to be comfortable on the ball you also have little time and so may rush things instead of taking your time.
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

supersyed
Veteran Member

Post by supersyed » 14 Jun 2005, 20:32

Ohh!!! Ronaldinho gives cRonaldo an elastico makin him go the rong way. Realisn 2 late, cRonaldo tries 2 turn but instead he slips and breaks his leg. Lookn @ that leg, I think his gonna hav 2 amputate it and giv up soccer.
:twisted:

Besides Ronaldinho can dribble without only usin styles, unlyk cRonaldo. And he makes the movs look way better.
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr

J
Admin

Post by J » 10 Aug 2005, 00:51

Here RG900. I deleted the other topic you started on this subject. You should read through this topic, there are alot of interesting opinions on this subject. :D

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 10 Aug 2005, 08:42

sOcCeRKiD11 wrote:how do u not say ronaldo is good...he have soo much pace while dribbling..hes outsatnding with the at his foot..he also got a great shot and a good header..hes an amzing player..world class..like ronaldinho..hes not that much behins ronaldihno
obviously not good enough shot cause he didnt win euro 2004 for his team now did he? :twisted:
J wrote:Ronaldo can beat players on the wing way better then Ronaldinho and cross the ball in better after he beats his man, which is a lot of the time. Ronaldo is faster with the ball at his feet too
thats not what ronaldihno's player of the year award said :lol:
--------------------------------------------------

c.ronaldo's teammates get pissed at him, cause he gets tripped all the time and he dosent cross the ball and all the strikers are in the box ready for the cross. that must get so annoying. when they show compilations of him they only show the part where hes doing the stepover. they dont show the part where they see there teammates face red as a beet because this kid does not pass the ball and ends up it gettin takin away from him. and they'll show the part where he gets passed someone after about 10 tries of flopping on the floor. and even if u look at his video they prove my point thats why i lmao at his comps because he does t his fancy little thing then he passes it to his teamate and it gets intercepted.
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

Post by R9KEvinR9 » 10 Aug 2005, 08:54

ronaldinho is a better all around player hes one of the best passers in the world and is pretty hard to stop like c.ronaldo but man ronaldo needs mo experience .. hes not in ronaldinho level yet

J
Admin

Post by J » 10 Aug 2005, 19:03

[quote="*yung-ital
thats not what ronaldihno's player of the year award said :lol: [/quote]

I know, that was what i said...... 8)

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 10 Aug 2005, 20:31

J wrote:[quote="*yung-ital
thats not what ronaldihno's player of the year award said :lol:
I know, that was what i said...... 8)[/quote]

did u ?? well then great players think a like :wink:
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

Post by R9KEvinR9 » 13 Aug 2005, 00:24

i noe iam late but c.ronaldo is diff better than freddy adu you can tell by the leagues they play theres pretty much no talent in the mls and thats why ppl think adu is so good but he still isnt even that good IF he would play in the premier league

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 26 Aug 2005, 00:08

what does that have to do with anything?

i completely 120 percent agree with jdefoe about ronaldo screwing up the game for kids. they see all these stepovers and moves and now kids on other teams just keep doing it and get checked. i had to replace a coach the other day, for u-11, as well, and the same results happened. no crosses were swung in, just people tryna get passed eachother.
ronaldinho play makes, and has a great attitude. i think thats much better then telling kids to stop copying his "move" and not passing the ball and being a glory hog
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

Post by R9KEvinR9 » 26 Aug 2005, 00:45

if ur talkin about me yung in the earlier posts someone brought up c.ronaldo and freddy adu so i commented on it thas why i said i noe iam late...

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

Post by karlofootball10 » 26 Aug 2005, 03:13

i dont think there is much to argue about. ronaldinho is way better. in a few years ronaldo will play better than he does now, but not much because you dont learn TOO much when you are at that age. ronaldo lacks certain skills, like the obvious one, stability. I think ronaldinho is funner to watch, if you have seen the ronaldo v. ronaldinho clip, half the things ronaldinho does make you laugh, but half the things ronaldo does are stepovers. ronaldinho is better and always will be.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

Shenker
Veteran Member

Post by Shenker » 31 Oct 2005, 20:26

I think Ronaldinho is better :o

Shenker
Veteran Member

Post by Shenker » 31 Oct 2005, 20:26

I also like him better because he has many moves such as his elastico..