Signature moves of players

Discuss and compare your favorite players
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Signature moves of players

Post by ajc » 12 Mar 2007, 22:38

What are some signature moves of different players?

I can think of Henry for a side foot, curled finish
Gerrard for half volleys
C Ronaldo for stepovers (and diving, c'mon we all know that is what he is known for)
Ronaldinho for an elastico
Carlos Tevez for a panna
And maybe even Peter Crouch for overhead kicks :shock:
Click it

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 12 Mar 2007, 22:39

No way Crouchy...

Crouch is for headers. (and being a monster)

Pele is for bicycle kicks. :wink:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 12 Mar 2007, 23:44

I'd say that Drogba is for diving. Beckham is known for freekicks.

KPatel

Post by KPatel » 12 Mar 2007, 23:46

rzadzinski wrote:No way Crouchy...
Crouchy's heading ability is that of a demented monkey's. He has the quality to score fantastic goals, bicycle kicks especially, but just can't get the ball into the net with his head.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 12 Mar 2007, 23:49

KPatel wrote:
Crouchy's heading ability is that of a demented monkey's. He has the quality to score fantastic goals, bicycle kicks especially, but just can't get the ball into the net with his head.
Hahahaha! I enjoyed that first sentence! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Francis

Re: Signature moves of players

Post by Francis » 13 Mar 2007, 00:02

ajc wrote: C Ronaldo for stepovers (and diving, c'mon we all know that is what he is known for)
dude when will you cut that out. Jeez leave the dude alone. damn. or how bout what thierry henry did against spain? sweet. every single post u make about ronaldo has some sort of "he dives" staement in it. Its like this...if u think someones a fagget then u say it every time u see them..its like "hey fag, u okay fag, want my soda fag?" get what i'm sayin..its repetitive. and i am not defending ronaldo's diving, i already talked about this with gnarlyjim in another topic and we also talked about eto'o, so he knows how i feel about ronaldo.....i am really not his biggest fan. still, this "ronaldo dives" thing is getting old in every single topic, especially since he is starting to change his ways. anyway, there is this one player i think his name is rodriguez or something..he does a fake rabona kick.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Re: Signature moves of players

Post by gnarlyjim » 13 Mar 2007, 00:04

Francis wrote:
ajc wrote: C Ronaldo for stepovers (and diving, c'mon we all know that is what he is known for)
dude when will you cut that out. Jeez leave the dude alone. damn. or how bout what thierry henry did against spain? sweet. every single post u make about ronaldo has some sort of "he dives" staement in it. Its like this...if u think someones a fagget then u say it every time u see them..its like "hey fag, u okay fag, want my soda fag?" get what i'm sayin..its repetitive. and i am not defending ronaldo's diving, i already talked about this with gnarlyjim in another topic and we also talked about eto'o, so he knows how i feel about ronaldo.....i am really not his biggest fan. still, this "ronaldo dives" thing is getting old in every single topic. anyway, there is this one player i think his name is rodriguez or something..he does a fake rabona kick.
I think he was serious. He wasn't saying it in an attempt to attack you, he was just making a statement. He even said, "cmon". It wasn't a personal attack on all Ronaldo fans lol. :P

Francis

Post by Francis » 13 Mar 2007, 00:07

I know its not a personal attack, just really starting to bother me. and besides i am REALLY NOT ronaldos biggest fan, i just can't find an avatar of eto'o, i told u that remember? (don't take that last post badly ajc, if thats what it sounded like) :)

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 13 Mar 2007, 00:14

I didn't call him a diver, I didn't say he dives, I just pointed out that he is known as a player who does that, just as Henry is known for his typical finish and Carlos Tevez is known for pannas, Ronaldo is known for diving.

And gnarlyjim is correct, I added the "c'mon" in an attempt to make it seem more conversational and do my best to only say that he is known for doing that. In this thread I had no intention of criticizing him for doing it. I was just pointing out that it is something he is known for.

I understand it gets on your nerves, but in this post please don't take it as me attempting to criticize him. :wink:

P.S. I did say he was known for stepovers first! :)
Click it

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 13 Mar 2007, 00:55

KPatel wrote:
Crouchy's heading ability is that of a demented monkey's.
An excellent description

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

KPatel

Post by KPatel » 13 Mar 2007, 02:01

ratherton wrote:An excellent description
Cheers. I like the lad, but his headers are horrific, he aims AT the keeper.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 13 Mar 2007, 02:03

KPatel wrote:
Cheers.
True enough. How did you decide on a demented monkey? :lol: :P

KPatel

Post by KPatel » 13 Mar 2007, 02:07

gnarlyjim wrote:
KPatel wrote:
Cheers.
True enough. How did you decide on a demented monkey? :lol: :P
I tend to have, as you American's call it, random thoughts. That was the first thing that came to mind.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 13 Mar 2007, 02:15

Materazzi would be known for his dirty play, would he not?

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 13 Mar 2007, 02:16

KPatel wrote:
Cheers. I like the lad, but his headers are horrific, he aims AT the keeper.
I don't think he really aims at all. His main struggle is getting his head properly onto the ball, and whatever happens next in the hands of the football gods!

P.S. Hmm what's that supposed to mean, Americans calling them "random thoughts", what would you chaps call it? :lol:
Click it