Best Goalkeeper(s)?

Discuss and compare your favorite players
powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post

haha sorry rzadz i knew it was something along those lines but wasnt too sure anyway dont searh for 'thomas kuzack search for 'thomas kuszczak'. :wink:

Anyway yeh i have to agree poland have made so really good goalkeepers down the years same as the cezchs (sorry if i spell worng, i no i did) , just hope it continues.

cesar
Sophomore Member
Posts: 32
Joined: 01 Apr 2007, 23:46

Post

guillermo ochoa from club america is pretty good

ballackfan
Veteran Member
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jun 2006, 22:54

Post

I know not many would agree with me but, considering what I seen of Dida, he could be better than Cech or Buffon. Dida got some good, good hands, I don't think any Brazilian goalkeepers can take over his place just yet, not for quite some time.

jcdenton
Veteran Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 18:45
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Post

I just wanted to know what's wrong with Tim Howard, I've heard he's got some serious psychiatric problems...

you can see him during match talking to himself and making these silly faces... he's not alone under his skull... :)

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3767
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada

Post

jcdenton wrote:I just wanted to know what's wrong with Tim Howard, I've heard he's got some serious psychiatric problems...

you can see him during match talking to himself and making these silly faces... he's not alone under his skull... :)
Wow.. I didn't know that. That's weird. I would be afraid to go up for a header from a corner kick against him! Never know what he'd do. :shock:
Image

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post

jcdenton wrote:I just wanted to know what's wrong with Tim Howard, I've heard he's got some serious psychiatric problems...

you can see him during match talking to himself and making these silly faces... he's not alone under his skull... :)
I believe he suffers from Tourettes

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3767
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada

Post

ratherton wrote:
jcdenton wrote:I just wanted to know what's wrong with Tim Howard, I've heard he's got some serious psychiatric problems...

you can see him during match talking to himself and making these silly faces... he's not alone under his skull... :)
I believe he suffers from Tourettes
Ohh okay. I know someone with Tourettes and that would certainly explain Tim Howard's talking to him etc.
Image

mef
Senior Member
Posts: 125
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 15:26

Post

ratherton wrote:
jcdenton wrote:I just wanted to know what's wrong with Tim Howard, I've heard he's got some serious psychiatric problems...

you can see him during match talking to himself and making these silly faces... he's not alone under his skull...
I believe he suffers from Tourettes
yeah thats what I heard too, but I've never actually seen him talking to himself. I'll have to pay attention to that next time. but man that must really suck. :cry:

back on topic.
club:cech
country:buffon
both:Dida

I bet if we have this topic again in a couple of years an american will be competing with the best of them, just think about all the quality ones out there.

ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post

It really is interesting how the U.S. has produced so many quality keepers in relation to it's small amount of decent field players.

jcdenton
Veteran Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 18:45
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Post

ajc wrote:It really is interesting how the U.S. has produced so many quality keepers in relation to it's small amount of decent field players.
i don't want to insult anyone but did you notice that goalkeepers are usually the weirdest guys on the pitch?
and usually in every squad, there is something wrong with the keeper...
they're usually stupid... my coach once said that he has never seen normal goalkeeper, even though he played in and against many world clubs...
all of them are strange...

and if you use the phrase Sasa Curcic used to describe Americans... :lol:

remyzor
New User
Posts: 10
Joined: 02 Apr 2007, 11:03

Post

club: Gomes (PSV)
national: Edwin van der Sar/Buffon
both: Cech/Buffon


Gomes isn't very famous but he's really really good, serious. He's reserve keeper from Brazil too, but I think he's better than Dida.

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post

jcdenton wrote:
ajc wrote:It really is interesting how the U.S. has produced so many quality keepers in relation to it's small amount of decent field players.
i don't want to insult anyone but did you notice that goalkeepers are usually the weirdest guys on the pitch?
and usually in every squad, there is something wrong with the keeper...
they're usually stupid... my coach once said that he has never seen normal goalkeeper, even though he played in and against many world clubs...
all of them are strange...

and if you use the phrase Sasa Curcic used to describe Americans... :lol:
Watch it !!! I used to play in goal :wink:

mef
Senior Member
Posts: 125
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 15:26

Post

remyzor wrote:club: Gomes (PSV)
national: Edwin van der Sar/Buffon
both: Cech/Buffon


Gomes isn't very famous but he's really really good, serious. He's reserve keeper from Brazil too, but I think he's better than Dida.
Hey, that's right, Gomes is pretty good to; I can't believe I forgot about him. Although I think he's kinda similar with Lehmann in that they are both somewhat inconsistent, so I woudn't replace cech with him.

powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post

gnarlyjim wrote:Club: Buffon
Country: Buffon
Both: Casillas
sorry gnalry but i found this funny. You think buffon is the best keeper for his club and his country but not for both :lol:

milanese
Veteran Member
Posts: 317
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 07:05
Location: Canada

Post

ballackfan wrote:I know not many would agree with me but, considering what I seen of Dida, he could be better than Cech or Buffon. Dida got some good, good hands, I don't think any Brazilian goalkeepers can take over his place just yet, not for quite some time.
Sorry to say, but I don't think you've seen enough of Dida. He's nowhere near a Cech or Buffon. Dida's great at stopping penalties, but he makes to many mistakes during games to be up there with top couple/few guys in world.

Post Reply