Best Goalkeeper(s)?

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Real_Zidane
Veteran Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: 11 Aug 2006, 17:36

Best Goalkeeper(s)?

Post by Real_Zidane » 11 Mar 2007, 18:14

I wanted to know who you guys think is the best goalkeeper for their club, who is the best for their country, and who is the best for both club and country. I don't know that much about goalkeepers but here are my picks:

Club: Cech
Country: Kahn
Both: Buffon
(I am probably wrong, but that is my opinion)


BTW this is about goalkeepers still playing today. Not past keepers.
Image

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman
Posts: 2801
Joined: 23 Jul 2006, 19:39
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post by iwannagopro » 11 Mar 2007, 18:44

Club: Van der Sar
Country: Buffon
Both: Casillas

milanese
Veteran Member
Posts: 317
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 07:05
Location: Canada

Post by milanese » 11 Mar 2007, 18:57

For club and country it's Buffon.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3767
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada

Post by gnarlyjim » 11 Mar 2007, 19:06

Club: Buffon
Country: Buffon
Both: Casillas
Image

ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post by ajc » 11 Mar 2007, 19:10

I think every category is either Cech or Buffon.
Image
Click it

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6203
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by rzadzinski » 11 Mar 2007, 21:36

Club: Boruc
Country: Casillas
Both: Boruc
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post by powell » 12 Mar 2007, 11:54

Club: Kuzack
Country: Cech
Both: Cech

Jimaldo
Junior Member
Posts: 95
Joined: 25 Feb 2007, 17:41

Post by Jimaldo » 12 Mar 2007, 12:11

Club: Cech/Van der sar
Country: Buffon
Both:Cech

(Powel - Do you really rate Kuzack (of Man utd)? I'm a Man utd fan and I think he's really inconsistant. One minute he makes an unbelievable save then next he makes a total cockup mostly in crosses and kicking.

powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post by powell » 12 Mar 2007, 12:13

i wouldnt say for man utd at the moment becuase he doesnt get a game becuase ferrige just buys the best just so now else can have them and keeps them on the bench, just my opion though, but if you watched him for west brom last season he was awsome.

Jimaldo
Junior Member
Posts: 95
Joined: 25 Feb 2007, 17:41

Post by Jimaldo » 12 Mar 2007, 12:19

Ok fair enough, I'll bear that in mind. I suppose I can't really make a judgement on the 3 or 4 appearances I have seen him make for Utd.

powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post by powell » 12 Mar 2007, 14:48

yeh, although if you want to see more of him as a first team goalie try typing in 'thomas kuzack' in the youtube search bar, you'll see alot of good stuff from him.

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post by soccer11 » 12 Mar 2007, 18:37

hmm,, i think buffon is the best keeper in the world, hands down. what he did at the world cup should solidify that. i know he had a great defense but he made some saves that made the defense look better than they were,
also, don't forget about casillas. he's up there too but buffon is number 1
Image

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6203
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by rzadzinski » 12 Mar 2007, 21:55

powell wrote:yeh, although if you want to see more of him as a first team goalie try typing in 'thomas kuzack' in the youtube search bar, you'll see alot of good stuff from him.
it's Kuszczak. :wink:
I don't know if I've said it before, but man, Poland has brought out so many more goalies then players. I mean, Dudek, Boruc, and now Kuszczak. Damn we're good. :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Jimaldo
Junior Member
Posts: 95
Joined: 25 Feb 2007, 17:41

Post by Jimaldo » 12 Mar 2007, 22:01

soccer11 wrote:hmm,, i think buffon is the best keeper in the world, hands down. what he did at the world cup should solidify that. i know he had a great defense but he made some saves that made the defense look better than they were,
also, don't forget about casillas. he's up there too but buffon is number 1
I wouldn't say hands down, Although he's obviously considered amongst the top keepers in the world, Chec of Chelsea must be considered, he makes some unbelievable saves.

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post by soccer11 » 12 Mar 2007, 22:04

Jimaldo wrote:
soccer11 wrote:hmm,, i think buffon is the best keeper in the world, hands down. what he did at the world cup should solidify that. i know he had a great defense but he made some saves that made the defense look better than they were,
also, don't forget about casillas. he's up there too but buffon is number 1
I wouldn't say hands down, Although he's obviously considered amongst the top keepers in the world, Chec of Chelsea must be considered, he makes some unbelievable saves.
i know, and before his injury i wouldve said cech, but since he's come back, he seems a little tenative and not fully himself, thats why i said hands down buffon. when he gets back to his old self, it'll be buffon and cech, one and two
Image

Post Reply