TEAM WITH THE MOST BEAUTIFUL STYLE OF FOOTBALL

Discuss and compare your favorite players
E10youngRonaldinho

YEA I Think it is Barcelona , and maybe Arsenal when the right players are on the feild and Probably Real MAdrid , ANy BODY ELSE HAVE ANY OPInIONS

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Arsenal no question. They are the best passing team and by far the best counter attacking team in football. They don't play direct football, they go through each level of the field, from defense to midfield to attack all with neat one touch passes. The effectiveness of their play is questionable at times, but when Arsenal are playing their best they are certainly the most pleasing team to watch.

powell
English Meister

Domestically i couldnt say but internationally it would be brazil for me, they always entertaining play entertaining football, they can pass the ball through the middle of the pitch well, play long balls well (although im not a fan of the long ball style much), they have skill good finishing, and always rely on team work which i like to see.

soccer11
Admin

well brazil obviously but on the club level...i would say barcelona and arsenal. it seems like Man U's trying to kind of go to that with Rooney and ronaldo but they're not there yet

ballackfan
Veteran Member

Villareal and Valencia played as beautiful as Barcelona, according to me anyway. FC Porto played good football also.

ratherton
Veteran Member

ajc wrote:Arsenal no question. They are the best passing team and by far the best counter attacking team in football. They don't play direct football, they go through each level of the field, from defense to midfield to attack all with neat one touch passes. The effectiveness of their play is questionable at times, but when Arsenal are playing their best they are certainly the most pleasing team to watch.
Agree with that regarding Arsenal's style of play although they are non-league when it comes to being a classy outfit off the field. The latest example is Fabregas complaining about Blackburn's style of play in their FA Cup match yesterday. He said to Mark Hughes (the Blackburn manager), "Are you sure you used to play for Barcelona?". The implication being that how could anyone who played for Barcelona, produce a team playing a more physical game. Who in their right mind is going to send their team to Arsenal and try to beat them by playing football !!!!

Perhaps Fabregas should compare footballing honours with Mark Hughes - 2 Premiership titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 European Cup Winners Cups , 3 League Cups. He was also PFA Young player of the year in 1985 and PFA Player of the year in 1989 and 1991.

Sorry, that went off on a bit of a tangent

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Well, I loved Argentina in the World Cup, that was beautiful football...
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

ajc
The Philly Flyer

ratherton wrote:Agree with that regarding Arsenal's style of play although they are non-league when it comes to being a classy outfit off the field. The latest example is Fabregas complaining about Blackburn's style of play in their FA Cup match yesterday. He said to Mark Hughes (the Blackburn manager), "Are you sure you used to play for Barcelona?". The implication being that how could anyone who played for Barcelona, produce a team playing a more physical game. Who in their right mind is going to send their team to Arsenal and try to beat them by playing football !!!
Certainly it was a classless move by Fabregas, but I can understand his frustration. The implication wasn't that it was a more physical game, the implication was that Blackburn never moved forward, ever. The next thing that Fabregas said to Hughes was "That wasn't Barcelona football." They had 10 or 11 men behind the ball at all times, and when they gained posession their were no absolutely no runs going forward. I'm not justifying that Fabregas had a right to say that because he definatley didn't, but he didn't say it just because it was a physical game. He was upset that Blackburn would put out such an overly defensive performance, and he took it out on Hughes.

ratherton
Veteran Member

ajc wrote:
ratherton wrote:Agree with that regarding Arsenal's style of play although they are non-league when it comes to being a classy outfit off the field. The latest example is Fabregas complaining about Blackburn's style of play in their FA Cup match yesterday. He said to Mark Hughes (the Blackburn manager), "Are you sure you used to play for Barcelona?". The implication being that how could anyone who played for Barcelona, produce a team playing a more physical game. Who in their right mind is going to send their team to Arsenal and try to beat them by playing football !!!
Certainly it was a classless move by Fabregas, but I can understand his frustration. The implication wasn't that it was a more physical game, the implication was that Blackburn never moved forward, ever. The next thing that Fabregas said to Hughes was "That wasn't Barcelona football." They had 10 or 11 men behind the ball at all times, and when they gained posession their were no absolutely no runs going forward. I'm not justifying that Fabregas had a right to say that because he definatley didn't, but he didn't say it just because it was a physical game. He was upset that Blackburn would put out such an overly defensive performance, and he took it out on Hughes.
Thats the price big clubs have to pay when they buy up all the star players. Any sensible manager would go to Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool and do exactly the same thing. What are "lesser" teams expected to do ?? Turn up as cannon fodder to please the corporate Arsenal 'fans' ?

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Fair enough. That is why Arsenal have to start jumping out on these teams and scoring in the first 20 minutes, that way the other team is forced to come forward more.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Very true ajc, and this is really the final step for Arsenal to become a great team. The talent and mental strength is all there, and in my opinion, this is the third of three pieces of the puzzle. If they keep progressing, I would hope that by the end of the season this killer instinct would be acquired.

As for the defensive tactics, look, I understand that teams cannot come to OT or the Grove and expect to play attacking and win. But there is a huge difference between playing defensively and Blackburn's performance. Teams like Boro, Everton, and Newcastle came here and tried to take a chance that would pop up, yet defending was on their mind. However, Blackburn was simply anti-football on Saturday. There were opportunities to break out and test the keeper, but they just hoofed the ball away. They played with no balls, and simply hacked away at some Arsenal players. How Aliadiere didn't get a penalty I will never know. Yet Blackburn are really hurting themselves as far as funds go, because these defensive tactics are deterring fans, thus eliminating ticket revenues, but that's their own issue. But in general, Blackburn's tactics are no excuse, and like I said, Arsenal need to build a killer instinct, and that will come over time. At least the other leg will be a bit more open.

Also, Ratherton, Arsenal don't really make the massive signings like Man U and Chelsea, so I think it's a bit unfair to classify them like those squads. I mean, look at Everton. AJ cost 8 million quid. Rosicky has cost 7, as has Walcott at the time, while Eboue, Toure, Fabregas, Clichy, Senderos, Djourou, Flamini, and van Persie all were bought for chump-change. Hell, we even were paid in escence to take Gallas, as Cole was an acadamy player and as part of the deal, Arsenal picked up 5 million. In fact, over the past 5-10 years, only Hleb, Henry, Reyes, and Wiltord have at least 10 million, and none of these have broken 12 million or so (Reyes had a deal starting at 10 going to 17 relying on caps and goals, and obviously he didn't pick up too many of either of them). I don't mean to spark a fight or anything, just pointing it out;)
God damn brewery!!!

acmilan94

Brazil and Argentina play some good football. Especially that one goal from Argentina in the world cup, where they passes 24(?) times before the goal. At club level, it's either Arsenal or Barca.
--
"There's someone out there practicing right now, and if you face him, he will win."

ziropuz

ajc wrote:Arsenal no question. They are the best passing team and by far the best counter attacking team in football. They don't play direct football, they go through each level of the field, from defense to midfield to attack all with neat one touch passes. The effectiveness of their play is questionable at times, but when Arsenal are playing their best they are certainly the most pleasing team to watch.
word

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Brazil at the international level.

Barcelona or Arsenal at the club level.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Kind of off-topic, but I love the sig ratherton, lol.

How did you make it?
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin