RONALDO!

Discuss and compare your favorite players
soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 02 Feb 2007, 03:21

we'll see what happens but i think he will do good because he's not the star and he will do good enough for that reason, the pressure won't be on him, nor the defenders in my opinion

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 02 Feb 2007, 04:59

The only time in Ronaldo's career where you could have called him "fat" would have been at the world cup when he was one and a half kilo's overweight. That was a long time ago and he is not fat anymore, he hasn't played for a while for many reasons, such as injury. History speaks for itself and its disrespectfull to call such a player fat. That's like saying Peter Crouch is anorexic.
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 02 Feb 2007, 10:22

It was a joke guys. They arent meant to be taken seriously. I thought that joke was going to give someone a few laughs and a chuckle or two but I am being hounded here. My sincerest apologies.

I respect the man. I reiterate, if given the chance he has the ability to rape defenders and shoot a ball on target with breakneck speed.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 02 Feb 2007, 14:41

Alright, now that everything is cleared up, back on topic? Does anyone think Ronaldo will be the top scorer in Serie A?

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 02 Feb 2007, 18:53

There is a good chance seeing what he has done in the past and the excellent midfield of AC Milan with the likes of Kaka, who can create plenty of chances for Ronaldo.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 02 Feb 2007, 20:02

Yeah, if the midfield can help Ronaldo get into a position where he can score, I'm sure that he'll find a way to bury it. He has a great ability to finish, and I don't think that is something you lose as you get older, like he sort of did with pace.

bigboss

Post by bigboss » 02 Feb 2007, 20:37

Give Ronaldo the ball in front of goal even if he ate fifty pizzas in one sitting he will still score. THat's how much confidence he has with the ball. seriously i love ac milan but they have too many geezers especially costacurta who is freaking 40 years old.
People think I'm crazy because all I do is play soccer. Maybe they're right. I do play soccer in rain, sleet, snow, 100 degree weather, on the beach, in my basement, in my room......

milanese
Veteran Member

Post by milanese » 03 Feb 2007, 03:07

Ronaldo's obviously never going to be the wonderkid of the past, with injury and age to blame, but he could still be a benficial part of the team. Lets hope his addition inspires him and the rest of the team to work harder and improve.

With all that Costacurta's accomplished, he doesn't deserve to be bad mouthed for anything. Although the miscommucation between him and Dida cost us a goal in the Coppa Italia second leg vs Roma, and then Totti slipped behind him and Bonera to score the 2nd. :evil: He deserves my respect regardless.

Top scorer in Serie? Dream on.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 03 Feb 2007, 05:20

milanese wrote:Ronaldo's obviously never going to be the wonderkid of the past, with injury and age to blame, but he could still be a benficial part of the team. Lets hope his addition inspires him and the rest of the team to work harder and improve.

With all that Costacurta's accomplished, he doesn't deserve to be bad mouthed for anything. Although the miscommucation between him and Dida cost us a goal in the Coppa Italia second leg vs Roma, and then Totti slipped behind him and Bonera to score the 2nd. :evil: He deserves my respect regardless.

Top scorer in Serie? Dream on.
Well if you're sure it won't be Ronaldo, who will be the top scorer? Luca Toni again?

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 03 Feb 2007, 11:39

Its a bit hard to tell whether Ronaldo will be top scorer. He will have a lot of players assisting him and setting him up in Pirlo, Kaka etc. so he will definetely have a few players supporting him up front. You cant really say how well he will do by comparing his recent performances in La liga, since the two are totally different leagues. Im sure he will make a big impact at the San Siro though. i admire him, he is a great player and i hope he does well at Milan.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

milanese
Veteran Member

Post by milanese » 04 Feb 2007, 18:00

There's plenty of guys who can score goals in Italy. Totti, Zlatan, Toni, Lucarelli, Iaquinta, Doni, Gilardino, Mutu, Rocchi, Spinesi, Amauri...there's always some relative unknowns that have good season's, plus the old guard. I don't see Ronaldo having 20 goals in the league, so i doubt he'll be getting any top socrer awards.

Snoopyx623

Post by Snoopyx623 » 04 Feb 2007, 19:34

idk, he can take shevchenkos spot in milan, but idk if he can be good as him...
i read the interview on him and he said im going to prove to madrid that i can still play

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 05 Feb 2007, 11:44

the seasons about half way over. i don't think he can this year. watch out for next season though