Poll ended at 28 Jan 2007, 00:52

An international cap for your country
88%
A Ferrari
13%

Total votes: 16

ratherton
Veteran Member

A few days ago, Man City manager Stuart Pearce apparently asked an unnamed player which he would prefer; an England cap or a Ferrari?

The player replied "A Ferrari. They're cool, aren't they"

Having seen Stuart Pearce play, this young player can count himself lucky he wasn't knocked out.....

But what would you choose.....

PS: The poll will run for 5 days

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Man oh man... an international cap of course! Ferraris are pretty awesome, I admit, but being able to play for your country has to be the happiest and most amazing moments of a footballer's life. So yea, screw that unnamed player.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

To play for Canada in this day in age, naaaaaa.

I'd take the Ferrari.

But for England or some better team, then I would probably have to take the cap.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Haha, earlier I had a brain freeze and said something retarded. If you don't know what I'm talking about then keep it that way.

Anyway........nothing better than a cap for your country. Enough said.

ratherton
Veteran Member

rzadzinski wrote:To play for Canada in this day in age, naaaaaa.

I'd take the Ferrari.

But for England or some better team, then I would probably have to take the cap.
So you aren't proud to be Canadian ??

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

I agree.. I'll take the international cap anyday.. I had to think about it because I live in Canada, but for a team like England, Portugal, France, Spain, Brazil or any other good team I'd take the cap.. without a doubt.. no better feeling.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Ok, I have the solution.

Take the Ferrari, sell it.

Use money and skills for exposure. Then a while later you will be noticed and get a cap anyways while being put captain, and they build a statue of you outside the stadium where people come to worship you...

Man I'm good. :lol:

No I'm proud to be Canadian, but its hard sice, we're not great. I'm just saying I'd probably rather play for a team like England, or my other country Poland (dual-citizenship). If I was to play for Canada, I would have to go through with my plan above. :)
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Or you could take the international cap, get paid a sh!tload of money, get exposed to better clubs and more caps, and then buy a damn ferrari!
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

Hugh
Veteran Member

I'd have to take the cap, I live in Canada but I was born in England (like Owen Hargreaves) so I could play for them, and not only would that be a great story for the rest of my life, I'd also have the confidence that I am good enough to play for what I consider to be the best national team in the world.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

I don't really like Ferrari's, so I'd go for the cap.

But seriously, although I'm not proud of a lot of the things that America does or the overall ignorance of the population, I am certainly happy that I was born and raised here, and I am proud of where I come from. The only problem is that I could see myself getting very frustrated with the style of play used by the Americans, as I am purely a technique player, and it's more about high crosses and hard work playing for the USMNT.
God damn brewery!!!

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Well, me personally, as I already said, would take the cap. But what I failed to acknowledge was which country I would have the cap with. It would be with HOLLAND! Hup hup Holland! I have duel citizenship, so I'm all good. Anyways I'm outta here as soon as I'm 18. Hit the high road to Europe!

powell
English Meister

I would definatley take the cap, i would love to play for england, besides a cap for your country might not come around for you for another whole season and anyway if you were a top pro you would be able to buy a ferriari anytime.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

iwannagopro wrote:Well, me personally, as I already said, would take the cap. But what I failed to acknowledge was which country I would have the cap with. It would be with HOLLAND! Hup hup Holland! I have duel citizenship, so I'm all good. Anyways I'm outta here as soon as I'm 18. Hit the high road to Europe!
Thatz not the first time ive heard u say that ur gonna get out of the US.
You seem pretty keen on getting out. Is it really that bad?
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

milanese
Veteran Member

If I was still young and had a bright future, I'd take a cap no matter what the situation, or if I had never previously had a cap, this would top of my career, unless I was lacking material wealth, I would probably enjoy living the high life with the ferrari, until it would get confiscated because I probably wouldn't have the cash to pay for the insurance. Of course it depends on the model. A fully customized Koenig F50 all totally paid for and I'd have a hard time taking that cap unless the game really meant something. Anything lower-end and I would take the cap, because that would be something to be proud of no matter what you do in life.

A game against class opposition or in world cup qualifying, etc, would mean alot, and I don't think I could pass that up for anything.

Hargreaves was born in Calgary, if my memory is correct. He should really be playing for Canada, although his family is all English.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Yes, Hargreaves was born in Calgary, he later moved out and decided to play for England. My friends dad played with his dad back in the old days, so he says.

-Alexander Ovechkin