Cristiano Ronaldo and Diving

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Germinho
New User

Post by Germinho » 13 Dec 2006, 14:32

Well look in the pros im sure not many people do that because they probably get hit pretty hard. Besides, when you are running at full speed, even the slightest tap can get you off balance and knock you over. And that's the problem sometimes that people will call it a dive when really it was a real knockdown. When your legs are moving fast, a little tap will mess up the rythym of your movements and you'll fall down. And that's something some defenders don't realize. That if they tap someones foot when they are running full speed, that person will fall down most of the time because they messed up their rythym.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 13 Dec 2006, 19:43

Yea you are definately right about that, that the slightest touch can knock you over when you are at full speed. But the only reason people will say to themselves "oh he's diving, there he goes again" is because so many players often just flop to the ground that it's easy to think that they are always diving.
Click it

ratherton
Veteran Member

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo and Diving

Post by ratherton » 13 Dec 2006, 20:09

Germinho wrote:Besides, when you are running at full speed, even the slightest tap can get you off balance and knock you over.
It didn't used to happen 15 years ago. I thought players were getting fitter and stronger? Perhaps all these new diets and personal fitness programs that have been introduced is somehow affecting their balance?

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 14 Dec 2006, 06:06

well yer the game has changed a lot over the last 15years. Ive seen a lot of matches from that era and you never saw the kind of crap u see to today. There are players on the ground screaming for freekicks and its a big problem. It gives football a bad name. There are some people i noe that hate football, and say its a girls game because of all the diving. I hate it because it ruins the game, slows it down and not to mention its a blatant act of cheating. Its ruining our game and its a big problem. The thought of it just disgusts me....i mean how many divers do u get nowadays??
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

Germinho
New User

Post by Germinho » 14 Dec 2006, 19:39

Well i don't know if the players are getting weaker or what but i do know that diving has been happening more now. Some players actually just fall for no reason to get a freekick but most of them get hit and fall down and get the freekick which i see as okay as long as the other man didn't get the ball at all. It's not great but at least its not a blatant dive. Some players though barely do this like Wayne Rooney. Well from what i've seen at least, Rooney just powers through and doesn't fall down because he wants to score. But when you get hit, and the defender doesn't touch the ball, but you have no chance at scoring anyway because of the amount people in the box, i think you may as well fall down to get some chance. I think they do this in the pros more because scoring is so damn hard so they need every chance they can get.

Viduka
Veteran Member

Post by Viduka » 14 Dec 2006, 20:01

To me, I see it as people acting stupid... This may sound kinda harsh but all those players that dive are just stupid and selfish, the fact that they always dive means how unskilled they are and that they need to cheat in order to turn the game.

Also some of the other leagues such as the Spanish and Italian Leagues influence this, they are too soft. The EPL is much tougher rougher as it should be. Whenever, I am running for the ball and someone tackles me, I get right up and continue. It may take a while for the pain to go, but there is no need to cry for a penalty. However, if I am about to be tackled and know that I will seriously be injured, I will jump out of the way and then get back up and continue.

Some of the players do not realise what they are doing and once started they dont stop. Also in a way CRonaldo might not realise what he is doing. In his mind the word foul could mean when a player knocks another player down.

However, if diviing is intentional and as I'm an Aussie I will mention the Italy vs Australia World Cup 2006 incident then it is plain wrong.

RonaldinhoSkills

Post by RonaldinhoSkills » 14 Dec 2006, 20:14

I aint got time to read dis BUT...

MAN... Ronaldinho does not dive, when you are running at his speed, doing skills (which when you execute you on a bad balance) and is marked by 3 players pushing you and stuff, you would fall... It happens to me... Argh everytime I get the ball theres like 3 people on me and dey play dirty :x annoying.... Anyway my main point is he don't dive...
Remember... Never do a skill twice, always be creative, after that, you'll own.

megakid1234

Post by megakid1234 » 14 Dec 2006, 20:33

yeah ive seen him dive against middlebrough and in the world cup

tomsta911

Post by tomsta911 » 14 Dec 2006, 20:52

Ronaldinho does dive.
diving is giving football a very bad name. There saying footballers are pussies and wimps.
(::)Maestro Tomsta (::)

Germinho
New User

Post by Germinho » 14 Dec 2006, 21:50

Of course Ronaldinho dives. I do know he does the "Get hit and fall down" thing. It's not as bad as diving if it isn't so obvious. Against Weder Bremen i think it was he did it really bad. The guy tapped his foot and Ronaldinho jumped up and onto the ground.

Francis

Post by Francis » 14 Dec 2006, 22:32

All you people have been fighting. FOR GOD SAKES PEOPLE DIVING IS CHEATING YOU MAKE YOURSELF FALL IF YOU REALLY CAN"T KEEP YOUR BALANCE ITS NOT A DIVE> EVEN IF ITSA SMART DIVE< ITS STILL A DIVE> WHY GET A FREEKICK IF YOU DON"T DESERVE IT?

tomsta911

Post by tomsta911 » 15 Dec 2006, 02:16

u say diving is cheating yet c. roanldo is in ur avatar
(::)Maestro Tomsta (::)

Germinho
New User

Post by Germinho » 15 Dec 2006, 04:35

lol i WAS going to say that but still its kinda mean because EVERY pro dives. Everyone's hero dives and cheats sometimes so you can't really say that. My fav is C. Ronaldo too but not BECAUSE he dives but because of his skill. As long as you don't like him BECAUSE he dives, then its okay.

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 15 Dec 2006, 07:59

tomsta911 wrote:u say diving is cheating yet c. roanldo is in ur avatar
And uve got a Chelsea avatar :?

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 15 Dec 2006, 10:33

Germinho wrote: But when you get hit, and the defender doesn't touch the ball, and you have no chance at scoring anyway because of the amount people in the box, i think you may as well fall down to get some chance.
wot the hell! That is diving! Its never ok to intentionaly dive, unless u are doing it to avoid injury. If you (as you say) "fall down" or in other words dive to get a chance on goal that is cheating and is wot we are all against. Im really against diving and the only reason i hate c.ronaldo is because he is a prolific diver and a sook who cries out for penalties.

btw Germinho im not having a go at u im just stating my opinion.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry