Most Memorable Matches

Discuss and compare your favorite players
DouDou

Most Memorable Matches

Post by DouDou » 23 Nov 2006, 17:16

I figured that will be a cool topic to start, I wasnt sure where to post the topic. If possible, please try to have a brief description of the game

My top 3 most memorable matches

1. France-Germany 1982 WC semi-final (I was only three but I remember my brother and my cousins hysterical crying, Germany won in PK's after France was leading 3-1 in overtime)

2. Man U- Bayern Munich Champions League Final (two goals scored by Man U the last two minutes after Bayern was leading by one goal)

3. Liverpool-AC Milan Champions league final

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 23 Nov 2006, 19:51

I was at this game:

Ipswich v Bolton in the 2nd Leg of the Championship play-off semi-final.

Ipswich had come back from 2-0 down in the first leg to draw 2-2.

Compared to the 2nd leg, the first game was dull. Ipswich won 5-3 (7-5 on aggregate), scored 2 penalties, missed one. Scored a last minute equaliser to take the game into extra time. The ref also sent off 2 Bolton players.

Add this to the fact Ipswich had lost to Bolton in the previous 2 years play-offs on away goals. I've never seen or played in a game like it at any level of football.

Match report: http://www.prideofanglia.com/sql/match_ ... sequence=0

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 23 Nov 2006, 20:12

I was 8 years old when Croatia beat Germany 3-0 in the World Cup 1998 and then they lost to France in the semi-finals.
The game versus Germany was the most memorable cause Croatia were the underdogs. I was very happy that we were able to come in 3rd place cause that was a major achievement.

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 23 Nov 2006, 20:21

i think the most memorable match of my life time would be liverpool vs ac milan, in the champions league final for obviously reasons, such a dramatic game.

Match Details: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 573159.stm

Another of my most memerable matches was Tottenham vs Man City in the fa cup 4th round, im not a city fan but watch city's second half comeback with a man down was just something special.

Match Details: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 447235.stm

And my last one cover 4 memerable games, its southampton vs man utd, norwich vs fulham, west brom vs portsmouth and crystal place vs charton. 15/5/05 the last day of the epl great day and what a battle at the bottom never forget it.

Match Details: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 548671.stm

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 23 Nov 2006, 23:18

Off the top of my head I can only think of these. They were games that gave me goosebumps because of the emotion.

Senegal vs France
It was crazy for Senegal to beat France cuz they colonized this country, and were talking sh*t before the game as they usually do. It was a nice slap to their face when they left the world cup without scoring any goals.

Manchester United vs Bayern
That was the year when I became a manchester supporter. That come back was just magnificent.

Manchester vs Chelsea
That one time when we won last year. It was crazy and I was going wild after the match.

AC Milan vs Liverpool
I was a neutral but this game really impressed me because of how the Liverpool players were playing with all their hearts. Getting cramps and tired as hell but fighting to the end to win it.

Cameroun vs Senegal

Even though Senegal lost on penalties we still played well and the team managed to lift a whole nation.

There are more but I cant think of all of them. To me there are so many great matches that I would consider memorable because they just have that feeling to it.

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 24 Nov 2006, 08:56

The Netherlands vs Argentina... 1-1 and in the 89th minute De Boers cross met Dennis Bergkamp and he scored the winning goal.

AC Milan vs Liverpool was also a memorable match

Morgoth

Post by Morgoth » 24 Nov 2006, 18:52

Man Utd - Bayern CL final 99' :)
Must suck to be you

milanese
Veteran Member

Post by milanese » 26 Dec 2006, 04:08

The 2 that stick out the most for me.

Euro 2000 final, France and Italy. :x

2005 CL final, Liverpool and Milan. :evil:

KPatel

Post by KPatel » 26 Dec 2006, 05:32

FA Cup Final 2006
Liverpool Vs. West Ham
Gerrard's super shot to save liverpool in the 91st minute. Liverpool won on penalties :D

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 26 Dec 2006, 05:49

For me, Anfield '89 takes the cake for any Arsenal fan. Unfortunately, I wasn't really alive to see it, but I'm still aware of it. After that, Arsenal-Leicester, because it wrapped up the unbeaten season, Arsenal-Boro in 2004-05, because it equaled the record after a certain loss was turned around in minutes, and Arsenal-Madrid at the Bernebeu, because that showed a turning of a page in the Arsenal storybook from one team to another.

I'm sure that there are countless other matches that make these look like peanuts (minus Anfield, that was really something spectacular), but being a Gooner, these stirred the most happy emotions for me.

God damn brewery!!!

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 31 Dec 2006, 19:22

I agree with Arsenal-Boro in 04-05. The experience of just watching that game was unbelievable for me. I got chills down my spine when the 3rd and 4th goals went in and the stadium erupted, and I'm sure it was the same for any other Arsenal fan.
Click it

GeordieChris
New User

Post by GeordieChris » 01 Jan 2007, 20:15

Newcastle United 3-2 Barcelona

Newcastle United 5-0 Manchester United

megakid1234

Post by megakid1234 » 03 Jan 2007, 12:56

1.Liverpool vs Newcastle 4-3 when liverpool where ahead 3-0 at half time then newcastle scored 3 goals and then fowler scored in the last minute classic.

2. Man Utd Vs Tottenham Hotspur.

tottenham where 3-0 up at half time then in the second half man utd came back with 5 goals lol it was at tottenhams ground too. :lol:

Thats The Only Too I could remember.

Theres loads more.
Ronaldinho:I have the chance to do for a living what I like the most in life, and that's playing football. I can make people happy and enjoy myself at the same time.”

megakid1234

Post by megakid1234 » 03 Jan 2007, 13:02

1.Liverpool vs Newcastle 4-3 when liverpool where ahead 3-0 at half time then newcastle scored 3 goals and then fowler scored in the last minute classic.

2. Man Utd Vs Tottenham Hotspur.

tottenham where 3-0 up at half time then in the second half man utd came back with 5 goals lol it was at tottenhams ground too. :lol:
GeordieChris wrote:Newcastle vs barcelona
Faustino Asprilla Real Genius Scored A Hatrick.

Thats TheOnly ones i can remember off the top of my head right now.
I could remember.

Theres loads more.
Ronaldinho:I have the chance to do for a living what I like the most in life, and that's playing football. I can make people happy and enjoy myself at the same time.”

oobee007

Post by oobee007 » 03 Jan 2007, 20:34

1. Australia vs Uraguay

Penalty shoot out + Aussie Spirit = World cup berth

2. Austrlia vs Japan

Brilliant first World Cup Goal, First World Cup Win great comeback

3. Australia vs Italy

WE WERE ROBBED!!!!

4. Liverpool vs AC Milan

YNWA spirit + inspirational Stevie G = come back of the century
[/list]
Mark Viduka - I don't care if we lose everygame as long as we win the league!