FIFA World Player of the Year Nominations

Discuss and compare your favorite players
gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 16 Oct 2006, 06:48

Yer ribery is a good player and he had a great world cup but he doesnt get as noticed because he plays for marsielle which rnt the best team.
They also failed to make the uefa cup i woz shocked!
If he gets moved to a bigger club and becomes a bigger player than yer i think he definetly will be one of the players who deserve the FPOTY.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

kamil k

Post by kamil k » 16 Oct 2006, 07:21

Lampard is nominated.
What hes not on the list

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 16 Oct 2006, 09:20

yer he is nominated. I read it on uefa.com.
Whoever made this post either had a dodgy source or they missed him.
He wont get it though. His season (including his world cup) have been to poor.

kamil k

Post by kamil k » 16 Oct 2006, 11:26

ok and isnt it the top 30 shortlist??? you wrote top 20 and theres somthing like 28 theyre. no offence mate. anyway shouldnt john terry be theyre? and if not he should cos hes a world class player.

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 16 Oct 2006, 13:34

Walcott's brief appearances have shown us what his potentional is... Seen his two goals vs Germany's U21 and his appereance for Arsenal vs Watford?

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 16 Oct 2006, 15:40

hi guys just to say heres the full list of all 30 players. And yes some of the clubs are wrong i know

Full List of Nominees:
Adriano (Inter), Michael Ballack (Bayern Munich), David Beckham (Real Madrid), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Cafu (AC Milan), Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd), Deco (Barcelona), Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Michael Essien (Chelsea), Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Juventus), Kaka (AC Milan), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Paolo Maldini (AC Milan), Pavel Nedved (Juventus), Alessandro Nesta (AC Milan), Jay-Jay Okocha (Bolton), Raul (Real Madrid), Juan Roman Riquelme (Villarreal), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid), Robinho (Real Madrid), Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Andriy Shevchenko (AC Milan), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Man Utd), Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid).

Morgoth

Post by Morgoth » 16 Oct 2006, 18:49

Shanghai-Shenhua wrote:but I think that Ribery deserves some recognition especially for his goal against spain in the world cup which uplifited the france team.
1 goal doesn't mean anything, you wont win cos of an important goal. Ribery has had a good season no doubt, but he's far behind the top players imo.
Must suck to be you

cmperez07

Post by cmperez07 » 19 Oct 2006, 19:52

Henry definately deserves it, he has been very consistant over the years. I think it is his turn to win it.

I dont think ronaldinho will even be in the top three he was too much of a disapointment at the world cup. Zidane could definately win it
So...What's Going On???

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 19 Oct 2006, 22:04

yer ronaldinho didnt hav a good world cup by his standards. Zidane played very well but is overshadowed by his headbutting incident. I reckon that Henry deserves it because he is a consistent goal scorer, he had a good world cup and he has being playing good football since he first arrived at arsenal from juventus.
i seriously doubt he will, but id also like miroslav klose to get it.

milanese
Veteran Member

Post by milanese » 20 Oct 2006, 01:10

No Juninho!?! Do these people even watch games or do they just chose names randomly?

I'd guess they'll give it to Gerrard or Henry since they've been consistnly good, and Ronnie just won it. I'd love to see Buffon win though.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 20 Oct 2006, 18:15

I dont think Adriano, Cafu, and some other guys on the list really deserve it, but I hope Pirlo wins it he deserves to win and he is too underrated. Ribery is good and all that and continues to play consitantly well with marseille, but I dont think he's a world class player yet. Its crazy that a couple of years ago he was in 2nd or 3rd division, and now hes so good. I wonder how the Marseilles vs Lyon game will go this weekend.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 20 Oct 2006, 18:25

*~El Maestro~* wrote:I dont think Adriano, Cafu, and some other guys on the list really deserve it,
Thats because the players on the list are picked on reputation rather than what they have acheived.

I actually think it's quite hard to decide as you are picking players who compete in different leagues. It's quite tough to compare them

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 21 Oct 2006, 00:12

[quote="milanese"]No Juninho!?! Do these people even watch games or do they just chose names randomly? quote]

true. Lyon are a great team led by Juninho. They r doing so well in the champions league and domestically.Its such a shame not to see him on the list.

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 21 Oct 2006, 03:33

Juniho is a world class player who could be a starter for brazil yet because he "only" plays for Lyon he never gets the recognition. Also whats up with no one ever mentioning Cris for such awards? in my opinion he is one of the best center backs. Not oly is he strong and athletic but he also has skill on the ball. Yet I remember that in the world cup instead of him Brazil had Lucio who in my opinion is well below average when compared to the rest of Brazil.

milanese
Veteran Member

Post by milanese » 21 Oct 2006, 03:44

Brazil's coach was an idiot. Alex(PSV) didn't even get a place on the team, and he could've been a starter IMO. I agree with Cris, he's solid. Juninho's the best FK taker in the world (corners and shots), he's got brilliant long balls, and contributes in other areas of the game. One of the world's best mid's without question. He's lead Lyon to 5 straight league titles, and is a big part of Lyon being one of Europe's most dangerous team's which we see in the CL year after year.

I don't think Pirlo deserves to win. He's a great player, maybe the best playmaker in the world, but best player in the world? No, not in my mind.