FIFA World Player of the Year Nominations

Discuss and compare your favorite players
SV_08

FIFA World Player of the Year Nominations

Post by SV_08 » 15 Oct 2006, 04:24

FIFA World Player of the Year Nomintions-Top 20: Adriano, Ballack, Buffon, Cannavaro, C.Ronaldo, Cecxh, Deco, Drogba,Essiem, Eto'o, Figo, Gattuso, Gerrard, Henry, Kaka, Klose, Lahm, Lehmann, Nesta, Pirlo , Ribery, Riquelme, Ronaldinho*, Rooney, Rosicky, Shevchenko, Thuram, Veira, Zidane*

*Already won one

Who do you like to win it? Top 3? Anyone they leave out?

I think the top 3 will be Cannavaro, Henry, and...Zidane, despite all that headbutt stuff. He played his heart out in the WC, give em credit. And Henry will win it.

Hmmm, where is Lionel Messi on there? Oh well, he'll win it next year haha.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 15 Oct 2006, 04:31

yer it will probably be henry who will win the F.P.O.T.Y.
Ronaldinho wont get it if u ask me, i dont think he had a very good world cup by his standards. It would be nice if Zidane won it, it will be a nice end to his career after his headbutting issue.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 15 Oct 2006, 06:11

idk it might be Gerrard this year. However if u ask me its an open competition and Henry and Kaka have a big chance

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 15 Oct 2006, 06:19

Henry has the best chance of winning, he has delivered year after year after year goals and goals and goals that were beautiful too, so he deserves to win it more than anyone else. If zidane won it it wouldnt be bad either, but i think henry has a better chance over everyone

kamil k

Post by kamil k » 15 Oct 2006, 06:50

Yeah Messi and Lampard should be on that list. Anyway Henry and Ronaldinho are my favourites to get it. Rooney also has a good chance after he played quite well all year and in the WC apart from his red-card LOL.

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 15 Oct 2006, 13:39

Funny thing is all these players arent actually playing any good. I guess If i had to choose I'd pick Henry, Klose and Cannavaro tho all 3 r playing below par.

A real top 3 would be Van Persie, Messi and Walcott :P

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 15 Oct 2006, 15:52

Walcott? You're joking.

I hope Henry wins it. But he could get robbed again.
Click it

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 15 Oct 2006, 17:35

Lampard should be on that list
Somehow, I don't think he should be on.

His game is terrible at the moment, and has been for some time now and I doubt whether he will recover from this drop in performance.

Morgoth

Post by Morgoth » 15 Oct 2006, 19:34

Henry or Ronalddinho will get it I think. None of them had a real good world cup, but the prize shouldn't be based on world cup performance. And Zidane should not get it because he played bad for most of the season and a few of the world cup matches too.
Must suck to be you

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 15 Oct 2006, 20:21

i think it will be much closer this year. in my opion in will be gerrard in 1st following his great season last year, 2nd would be henry, hes a born goal scorer and overall such a great player and in third i think that will be very hard to choose but i would say ronladinho or rooney, ronaldinho because he never fails to impresse (not including th wc) with his skill on the ball and rononey, he just such a great talent and put in some fantastic performances for man utd

P.Nedved

Post by P.Nedved » 15 Oct 2006, 21:47

1.shevchenko

2.henry

3.ballack

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 15 Oct 2006, 22:23

Shevchenko? No way in hell. He wasn't the leading goalscorer in Italy, he only scored two goals in the WC (one was a penalty), he failed to carry Milan to the CL Finals, and is having a torrid time in the Premiership, a league that he was supposed to tear apart upon arrival. Now look at Henry, England's leading scorer by far (also their best player in the league), he did carry Arsenal through the CL on a supposedly weak team, and got to the WC finals with France, albeit not having his greatest tournament, although he did outshine Ronaldinho and was France's joint-leading scorer. Also, I would imagine that FIFA judges feel that Henry has been almost cheated out of the award for a while, and they may give it to him for sympathy. However, in the end, I have a feeling that Ronnie will get it, due to his great play in La Liga and the CL, not to mention that he is FIFA's posterboy.

God damn brewery!!!

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 15 Oct 2006, 22:25

Lampard is nominated.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

SV_08

Post by SV_08 » 16 Oct 2006, 01:50

I think Henry really has a shot because he had a good year at arsenal and a pretty good world cup, while most of the list can't put both together. Ronaldinho had a good club season, but was a nowhere to be found in the world cup if u ask me. Klose had a great world cup, but he didn't make too much of a buzz at Werder Bremen.

If you did think about it that way, Kaka has a shot at top 3 spot. I thought he shined on brazil's team and he always has good club season.

Ehm, if you thought about it that way again, messi should be in their like i said b4 as well.

Shanghai-Shenhua
Sophomore Member

Post by Shanghai-Shenhua » 16 Oct 2006, 03:32

Henry, but I think that Ribery deserves some recognition especially for his goal against spain in the world cup which uplifited the france team.