Riquelme retiring from international football

Discuss and compare your favorite players
ziem
Sophomore Member

Kaka's_got_skillz
Sophomore Member

Woah, surprising. But of course, many players still think of family>soccer. Hopefully, we'll still see more of him in Villarreal. He was a good player though for the most part.

fred-0

w0w - well as he said though, his mother comes first - and no one can say nothing about that

ratherton
Veteran Member

While I have no time for Argentine football, it's pretty sad when the press have the power to get to people like this.

I can't remember the guys name but the Argie keeper in the 1998 World Cup retired just after that to become a priest or something like that. He was fairly young as well. I think he played his club football for Real Mallorca in Spain.

Magicfeet

Carlos Roa?

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Carlos Angel Roa is who you are talking about. He did re-enter the club stage, yet is still deeply religious. He is also a vegan, hence the nickname lechuga (lettuce in spanish), yet I'm not sure if it has anything to do with his religion or not.
God damn brewery!!!

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Well, I am surprised, but I understand that his family is before soccer. After all, what would you guys do? Keep playing, or take care of your mother?

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

P.S. I'd drop soccer in a second if my mother was ill. It's not that I don't love soccer, but I strongly believe that family is first.